Fantastic meal at Artist Point last night!

TigH

<font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=
Had dinner at Artist Point with a group of friends last night. DH had the venison spring rolls for his appetizer and let me have a nibble or two. They were awesome! I had the buffalo sirloin for my entree. It was cooked medium and was perfect! I am not a huge steak fan, but thought it would be interesting to try the buffalo. This was the best steak I've ever had in my life!!! It came with an onion relish which is normally spread on the steak, but I asked our server if it could be kept separate so I could enjoy the flavor of the buffalo without any interruption. This meal also came with a sweet potato gratin on the side, which was very tasty.

My husband had the salmon with the whisky maple glaze and he loved it! One of my tablemates had a vegetable plate that is not listed on the menu (basically it's a bunch of side veggie dishes, including an unusual but delightful succotash mixture). She loved this meal.

I think just about everyone else had the salmon. For dessert we split a special cobbler that was prepared sugar free at our request (one of my tablemates called to speak to the chef earlier in the week to arrange this). It was served in a huge cast iron skillet and there was plenty for the 7 of us. It was delicious! The berries were fresh and wonderful and the dessert didn't taste "sugar free" at all.

After dinner our server brought the Chef to our table and he spoke to us for about 15 minutes. He was a delight and was very happy to answer our questions. He spoke highly of his experience working for Disney and we promised him we'd be back in the future for another meal.

The service was great (Jack from NJ was our server and he was EXCELLENT!) We loved the entire experience and will be happy to return, hopefully before Christmas. This dinner was my fourth or fifth dining experience at Artist Point over the last 5 years, and probably the best!

I am arriving at the Wilderness Lodge this evening for a week, and you just convinced me to make sure to try AP!

Be sure to do the food tour at WL in the afternoon. You get to see where meat is cooked and taste small samples too. Ask at the front desk.

My dh had the buffalo last Dec....it was wonderful! I had the Asian Noodle Bowl with shrimp, which was also excellent.

Artist Point is a wonderful restaurant...and I can't wait until either our kids are older or my parents come to WDW with us again so we can go again! My kids are generally okay in restaurants, but I do avoid any particularly quiet and fancy ones!

Thanks for the great review TigH. DH and I plan to dine there on our next trip...............

Thanks!
We will be eating there later this month! :bounce:
Good to know aboutt he food tour too. I asked about it here last week and someone replied they were no longer doing this.
Is the food tour only on certain days of the week, do you know?

Thanks for the great review It is one of our favorites on property and has one of the friendliest CMs in the "world" POK.
Be sure to do the food tour at WL in the afternoon. You get to see where meat is cooked and taste small samples too.
Have they brought the tour back recently? They cancelled the tour when they closed the onsite smokehouse awhile back. That tour was really fun.

Gee, I did the tour a few years ago, I'm not sure if they are still doing it then. I enjoyed it. I suppose you could call over there to see if they do it. Also, each afternoon they did arts and crafts with the kids in the lobby of WL.

I'll be eating there next month for the first time. Can't wait!!!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Karen ~

Thanx for a great review.

My mouth is watering and it is only 9 in th morning here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter