**Fantasy Becomes Reality** Group--5/19/2012 (INDEX/ROLE CALL, PAGE 1--ENTRY 1)

It's hard to believe it's over, but we had a great time. I, too, am sorry we didn't get to spend more time with everyone. For those we did meet - reimero and Pirategirl (I know I misspelled that), Tony and Sue, John briefly, Maria, Meg, Bookite (great neighbors), nonni, and Jennifer and Kyle (spacecanada), thank you for your graciousness and warmth!...

We have a trip to Hilton Head island at the end of this month for a week, so that is definitely helping to ease them! Otherwise, yes, I'm bummed it's all over!

Aw thanks it was nice meeting you too!
I have finally sat down and read the boards, I haven't since before we left for our week in Florida before the cruise. I think I was just too sad it was over :sad2: To say we had a fantastic time doesn't begin to express how much fun we had ;)
Great pics everyone, I will look at them more closely later. Tony I especially love the Enchanted Garden pic, I wanted something like this. Now it will be mine ;)
I have a few more comments I will save for later. Great to meet the people I met, sorry I missed the others :sad1:

[/COLOR]
Who were your servers?
We had Alvin, Melody (both from Phillipines), and Depesh.

Where there any non-tipped staffers that made your cruise more special?
There was a CM in the stores that my nephew Jake had a little crush on I think and once he found out she liked Mickey pins, he wanted to bring her a bunch. We are big pin traders. Also, the CM who did my brother's Pirate appointment was really funny. Wish I could remember their names.

What did you have signed?
For the first time, I did pillow cases for the two nephews. They were really cute.

What did you splurge on?
Really proud to say we stayed on our budget. We did book a future cruise, but that wasn't really a splurge.

What do you regret not doing?
Never did get to play mini golf, although the kids did. Also would've liked to relax and read some more. Have to take a longer cruise next time :thumbsup2

If you've sailed other DCL ships, how did the Fantasy compare?
The Fantasy was absolutely amazing, even though we had some problems on our first day. It really got off to a bad start, but the ship itself was amazing.

Favorite part of the ship?
All of it.

Favorite rotation restaurant?
Hands down, Animators Palate

Favorite excursion?
We didn't do any excursions, and what we had booked at CC got cancelled.

Favorite activity?
Spending enjoyable time with my family

What was the highlight of the week for you?
See above, spending time with my family

Who did you want to meet but didn't get the chance?
Seems like I didn't get to meet many of you, although I know some of you met my brother, b/c he told me someone asked him about his bracelet and he told them he didn't know anything about it LOL and I had arranged it.

What picture (that you took or was taken) do you like most? (Share!)
We had a family picture taken with our servers our last night in Animators that I like. And also I like the pictures of my nephew on pirate night after his pirates league appointment. Can someone tell me how to post pictures? Mine says no attachements allowed. Do you just paste them in??

Anything that you regretted doing? (what happens on the sea.....)Nope, not telling even if there was LOL

Who is still suffering from post-cruise-blues?
Not post cruise blues so much, but I did finally stop sailing on land a few days ago so thats pretty good. I seem to have the mal de debarkement thing (I know I spelled that wrong) despite using some seasick meds on board. It's funny, I don't have any problems on board, but when we get home, I feel funny for a while.

Not post cruise blues so much, but I did finally stop sailing on land a few days ago so thats pretty good. I seem to have the mal de debarkement thing (I know I spelled that wrong) despite using some seasick meds on board. It's funny, I don't have any problems on board, but when we get home, I feel funny for a while.

I know what you mean if I stood still I found myself swaying back and forth, it took 2-3 days to get my land legs back. :rotfl:

[/COLOR]

So did DH and I after we got off the boat! It took me about a week I'd say. There was one time that I was sure we were having an earthquake because the ground felt as if it was moving so much. Crazy!

Also wanted to thank everyone for posting the pictures! Such great moments captured.

[/COLOR]

Not only did I sway in the shower for a couple of days afterward, but one of our friends on the cruise said she almost fell over 'stepping down' from the bathroom when she got back to Disney World. :rotfl2:

For those that had kids on the cruise.

Did you find that this board helped you to find kids the same age as yours and did they end up 'hanging out' together? What could we have done better to help the kids find and meet each other? Susan was thinking of modifying the spreadsheet to sort kids by age. I sort of dropped the ball on that one. Would that have helped?

For those that had kids on the cruise.

Did you find that this board helped you to find kids the same age as yours and did they end up 'hanging out' together? What could we have done better to help the kids find and meet each other? Susan was thinking of modifying the spreadsheet to sort kids by age. I sort of dropped the ball on that one. Would that have helped?

I'm kinda sad that I see in your signature that you have FE spreadsheets set up for your forthcoming cruise. Are you being unfaithful to us???? :rotfl:

I'm kinda sad that I see in your signature that you have FE spreadsheets set up for your forthcoming cruise. Are you being unfaithful to us???? :rotfl:

Nope, just waiting for you all to join those cruises so I can add YOUR names to the spreadsheets. Especially the May 25, 2013 Western Fantasy cruise. We did Eastern, next year's Western!

Who's with me ? ! ? ! ? !

As we all know, the beds/bedding on the cruise are absolutely out of this world :cloud9:. I have compiled my list of everything needed to recreate it at home. Brian, who could usually care less about things like bedding, cannot stop talking about the sheets and pillows. After some deep thinking, I decided that I would splurge and order a set of sheets ($199 :scared1:) for him for Father's Day. I emailed DCL to ask how I go about placing an order. I have done this many times for WDW merchandise after I get home from a trip and wish that I had purchased something. I was soooooo disappointed when I received an email from DCL telling me that "Disney Cruise Line merchandise is only available aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy or at Disney's Castaway Cay and can not be imported for sale in the United States." Uggghhhhh :headache:. So much for my awesome idea :rolleyes1. I know that I could get the pillows, but those sheets were so darn cute too.

Has anyone had experience with Group reservation benefits with DCL? Our next cruise is shaping up to have quite a few rooms, and I think I remember hearing that with 10 or more rooms, you can get a group discount. But on the downside, I think I also heard that all of the reservations have to be booked at the same time----the concern being that 6 of the reservations are dummy-booked already.

I guess a call to DCL is in order.....

[/COLOR]

I suffer from that after every cruise, the 4 night we took in 2010 lasted about 5 days after we got off the ship. This cruise took about 2 weeks for the major swaying to stop and I had issues with almost falling over from it for the first week. It was worse this time but that is ok, made me feel like I was still on the ship at times so let me hold off reality a little bit :lmao:

I know what you mean if I stood still I found myself swaying back and forth, it took 2-3 days to get my land legs back. :rotfl:

Glad it didn't take you as long as it had me (2 weeks)!

So did DH and I after we got off the boat! It took me about a week I'd say. There was one time that I was sure we were having an earthquake because the ground felt as if it was moving so much. Crazy!

Also wanted to thank everyone for posting the pictures! Such great moments captured.

Yes the photos are awesome. It was such a great cruise!

Not only did I sway in the shower for a couple of days afterward, but one of our friends on the cruise said she almost fell over 'stepping down' from the bathroom when she got back to Disney World. :rotfl2:

I remember doing that after our first cruise on the Magic had never stepped out of a room in a room before so it was throwing me for a loop.

Nope, just waiting for you all to join those cruises so I can add YOUR names to the spreadsheets. Especially the May 25, 2013 Western Fantasy cruise. We did Eastern, next year's Western!

Who's with me ? ! ? ! ? !

I wish we could, it was such fun but the 7 days are so pricey that we can't do one every year more like every 3 years if we don't vacation anywhere for those years. We are doing a 4 day in 2013 and unless a super new and exciting itinerary comes out for 2014 that we just have to do, we are probably going to be taking a break from cruising so that we can go to Disneyland. We'll rebook on our 2013 cruise for a dummy date so that when we decide to return to cruising we have one on hold.

As we all know, the beds/bedding on the cruise are absolutely out of this world :cloud9:. I have compiled my list of everything needed to recreate it at home. Brian, who could usually care less about things like bedding, cannot stop talking about the sheets and pillows. After some deep thinking, I decided that I would splurge and order a set of sheets ($199 :scared1:) for him for Father's Day. I emailed DCL to ask how I go about placing an order. I have done this many times for WDW merchandise after I get home from a trip and wish that I had purchased something. I was soooooo disappointed when I received an email from DCL telling me that "Disney Cruise Line merchandise is only available aboard the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy or at Disney's Castaway Cay and can not be imported for sale in the United States." Uggghhhhh :headache:. So much for my awesome idea :rolleyes1. I know that I could get the pillows, but those sheets were so darn cute too.

What a bummer, do you know anyone who is cruising sometime this year that would be willing to pick it up for you? Might be something to look into for the holidays instead. What's odd is that a sweatshirt hoodie I purchased on the Fantasy had a defect that went unnoticed until I went to put it on here at home. I called DCL they gave me the phone number for merchandising and they replaced the product. Item was shipped from Orlando so how they "import" something that is sitting on land is confusing to me. But maybe they pick up some of their stock from one of the ports they stop at those are part of that stock. Who knows.

Has anyone had experience with Group reservation benefits with DCL? Our next cruise is shaping up to have quite a few rooms, and I think I remember hearing that with 10 or more rooms, you can get a group discount. But on the downside, I think I also heard that all of the reservations have to be booked at the same time----the concern being that 6 of the reservations are dummy-booked already.

I guess a call to DCL is in order.....

I haven't booked a group with DCL but how fun that you will have so many family and friends onboard to enjoy the cruise with. I hope that your able to get a discount.

I'm sad to say I'm so disappointed in Disney right now, and that along with the outrageous prices, I'm thinking of cruising with another line next. Sad.

I'm sad to say I'm so disappointed in Disney right now, and that along with the outrageous prices, I'm thinking of cruising with another line next. Sad.

I'm sorry that they have disappointed you, have you shared whatever happened and the disappointment with them in a letter or email? If not, I'd do so that way they know what happened/caused that and maybe it will change the situation or at least make them aware of it and maybe lead to changes.

Maybe a change of pace and trying a different line is a good thing, there are many out there and I've heard plenty of good things about a few of them. We are contemplating trying the Oasis or Allure of the Seas (rumored one is transitioning to Port Canaveral) on Royal Caribbean but also have heard good things about Celebrity Cruise Lines so might try them as well.

After the cruise in May 2013 we're going on to try the Dream, we will have done all 4 Disney Ships and we are trying to decide what to do after that given we are tired of 4 night cruises after this and don't even bother getting off in Nassau anymore so we'd love longer cruises too. I don't have interest in Mexico but would love to go to Jamaica or Aruba, or Belize, or other islands that don't seem to get chosen by Disney to be visited often or at all. So other lines if we want to get to those islands will be our only choice.

So sorry that you had something occur to make you feel so disappointed and for the cost they charge I understand your feelings of trying other lines.

What a bummer, do you know anyone who is cruising sometime this year that would be willing to pick it up for you? Might be something to look into for the holidays instead. What's odd is that a sweatshirt hoodie I purchased on the Fantasy had a defect that went unnoticed until I went to put it on here at home. I called DCL they gave me the phone number for merchandising and they replaced the product. Item was shipped from Orlando so how they "import" something that is sitting on land is confusing to me. But maybe they pick up some of their stock from one of the ports they stop at those are part of that stock. Who knows. .

Would you mind sharing the DCL merchandising phone number? It might be worth a shot for me to call them :confused3. Thanks :)

My little girl had a dream about the Disney Fantasy the other night! She woke up crying saying she wants to go back!!!!! Me too!!!!! :love:
I was looking at the Dream for the Spring of 2013, but the Fantasy was so awesome, I don't think I could do less than 7 days........:rolleyes1
It was the best ever!:cloud9:

My little girl had a dream about the Disney Fantasy the other night! She woke up crying saying she wants to go back!!!!! Me too!!!!! :love:
I was looking at the Dream for the Spring of 2013, but the Fantasy was so awesome, I don't think I could do less than 7 days........:rolleyes1
It was the best ever!:cloud9:

Like you, I don't see us being able to do less than 7 days. Now a back to back on the Dream might be doable, especially with two stops to Castaway Cay.

Decisions, decisions......

Like you, I don't see us being able to do less than 7 days. Now a back to back on the Dream might be doable, especially with two stops to Castaway Cay.

Decisions, decisions......

Yeah, I had thought about the Back to back on the Dream too....because of the two stops at Castaway Cay....but we really loved the Fantasy!!!!:confused3 All I know is that we're all missing the cruise right now......:love:

Yeah, I had thought about the Back to back on the Dream too....because of the two stops at Castaway Cay....but we really loved the Fantasy!!!!:confused3 All I know is that we're all missing the cruise right now......:love:

Actually, I'm leaning toward the Fantasy also-----I actually think that I would give up the second day at CC in lieu of having Satellite Falls back!!! Loved it!

We definitely won't do anything less than a 7 day. I still have so many things on my "want to do" list that I wasn't able to cross off :confused3. My dream cruise would be a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on The Fantasy. Ohhhhh, would that be heavenly or what :cloud9:!!

We definitely won't do anything less than a 7 day. I still have so many things on my "want to do" list that I wasn't able to cross off :confused3. My dream cruise would be a 15 day cruise to Hawaii on The Fantasy. Ohhhhh, would that be heavenly or what :cloud9:!!

Sign us up!!! I'd like to do the Medeterranean cruise also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter