FAQ about the Disney Dining Plan

I gotta say, that kinda stinks on Disney's part. Your CS intitles you to an entree, dessert & drink. Why should it be any different for breakfast. Just MHO.

OK Great info thank you so very much, I am left with only one question or so I hope!! Now on the Yachtsman menu is surf and turf which is $55.00 would that meal apply on my table service meal and do they restrict any particular items or exclusions baed oon the pirce?

Thank you!

Can't wait till April! Hooray

POrt Orleans 4/23 - 5/1/2006 (providing no Volcano activtiy or earthquakes!) Heck who am I kidding , it wouldn't stop me!

jjohnson said:
If your going in September, you should call right away & see if you can get the free dining added to your package. Its code YMP.

The best was for the DD to eat would be at a buffet but I think with the dining plan there will be plenty to share with her.

I was hoping someone could clarify the free dining offer added to packages. I am new to this thread and we are going in November 06. Is there free dining offers then?

I thought that might be the case - no dessert. I was hoping to split the meal - DH would eat a hot dish and I would eat a pastry. He would have coffee, and then we would buy another drink for me.

Oh well - we'll just use a cs credit for him, and pay for my breakfast.

Thanks for your feedback.

Rachael

sandiegosusie said:
I was hoping someone could clarify the free dining offer added to packages. I am new to this thread and we are going in November 06. Is there free dining offers then?
Nope, atleast not yet. I was a promotion that was offered for a limited time. They could offer it again, but no one knows for sure. We can all hope, right?

sandiegosusie said:

The free dining was a promotion from last year 8/20/05-10/4/05. Unfortunately, it started the day we were leaving.

We have a DDE card, but we were thinking about doing the dining plan.

Here's a question--

If we use the dining plan, can we use the DDE card for our wine/drinks and our kids meals (if purchasing our kids meals)?

Thanks!

Janice

jpmom said:
We have a DDE card, but we were thinking about doing the dining plan.

Here's a question--

If we use the dining plan, can we use the DDE card for our wine/drinks and our kids meals (if purchasing our kids meals)?

Thanks!

Janice

Yes, you can Janice! We did it last month and had no problems at all.

Hello...

I didn't see this question answered...

Do we have to purchase the Magic Your Way package to get the dining plan? I understand you have to be staying at a Disney Resort but we would like to purchase our tickets from the military base but want to also try out the dining plan....

Do I have to ask for it when we make our reservations? Or is it not possible.... :confused3

You have to purchase at least a 1 day ticket per person to add the dining plan. Some feel that this is worth it. We always purchase a complete pkg and the dining plan has been great. :sunny:

indigoxtreme said:
You have to purchase at least a 1 day ticket per person to add the dining plan. Some feel that this is worth it. We always purchase a complete pkg and the dining plan has been great. :sunny:

Thank you for your response... but where does the ticket have to be purchased? Sorry If I'm asking dumb questions.. :)

OK, I have a question: I printed out the 2006 Dining Plan Selected Restaurants from a link.....don't remember where. Anyway, it lists all the character meals under the table service column and then the only character meals that are under the signature dining column requiring 2 TS credits are the ones at CRT. Is this correct? So I can choose from any of the other character meals and they are all just 1 TS credit?

Everyone has said that the credits are all pooled for now. Is there some talk of changing it or are we just keeping our fingers crossed that they don't?

I ask because we're booked for week of March 25 without the dining plan, but are seriously considering adding it.

There's no way our 5 year old can eat what's offered at dinner and, in fact, will probably fill up on just our appetizers and desserts (3 adults) without using any of his TS meals. That would save at least 3 TS credits, based on our plans. Could we then use those three TS credits for, say, a character breakfast and just pay for his breakfast?

gabesmom said:
Everyone has said that the credits are all pooled for now. Is there some talk of changing it or are we just keeping our fingers crossed that they don't?

I ask because we're booked for week of March 25 without the dining plan, but are seriously considering adding it.

There's no way our 5 year old can eat what's offered at dinner and, in fact, will probably fill up on just our appetizers and desserts (3 adults) without using any of his TS meals. That would save at least 3 TS credits, based on our plans. Could we then use those three TS credits for, say, a character breakfast and just pay for his breakfast?

Yes, you can do that. They did make a lot of changes to the dining plan for this year, but "unpooling" the credits was not one of them.

Enjoy!

:thumbsup2

PrincessaC said:
Thank you for your response... but where does the ticket have to be purchased? Sorry If I'm asking dumb questions.. :)
Buying a package means buying everything (room, tickets, & dining if you want it) TOGETHER directly thru Disney or thru a travel agent. If you are a member of AAA & want a package, book directly thru them and you can get a discount on the room portion of your package.

canals68 said:
....get a DDE card? :confused3

canals,
DDE stands for Disney Dining Experience. Info from Mousesavers.com....

"Disney Dining Experience - Walt Disney World Annual Passholders, regardless of residency, are eligible for membership in the Disney Dining Experience for $60 per year. The primary benefit of membership is a 20% discount on all food and beverages at participating resort hotel and theme park restaurants (valid for a party of up to 10). Membership also includes complimentary resort and theme park parking for dining, as well as invitations to special member-only events.

Florida Residents
Florida Residents can purchase a membership in the Disney Dining Experience for $85 per year. The primary benefit of membership is a 20% discount on all food and beverages at participating resort hotel and theme park restaurants (valid for a party of up to 10). Membership also includes complimentary resort and theme park parking for dining, as well as invitations to special member-only events." (end of quote)

We got the DDE card last year because I purchased an AP and it did save us a lot of money. At the very least, it covered tips. A nice deal :)

I have a question about drinks. My 12yo dd likes to order non alcoholic frozen drinks and from what I understand they are covered as a drink with the meal plan. What if she wants a coke and the non alcoholic frozen drink? Obviously we would have to pay out of pocket for one of them and coke is probably cheaper so I would rather pay out of pocket for that. Do I have to say charge me for the coke and not the frozen drink or will they just automatically charge us for the cheaper one? Also say I use counter service for my breakfast at a value resort. Since we buy the refillable mugs only 1 or 2 of us will want a drink like oj or chocolate milk but there are 4 of us getting breakfast could we get a credit to use for the drinks later. I thought I heard some people say they got stamped to use deserts later at counter service restaurants so I was just wondering. I guess I could fill my ice bucket up with ice and put them in that in my room if not since a small frig is not worth the extra $10 a night. Thanks in advance. Also I read somewhere that desert was not included if you use your meal for breakfast but I read other places that people were actually getting a desert with breakfast. It would be nice if you did since I saw danish listed as what people were getting for desert at breakfast and that is all I have at breakfast so I wouldn't have to use a meal at all for breakfast with my refillable mug and desert from someone elses meal. Thanks.

Another question. Certain restaurants I don't see appetizers listed, like beaches and cream. But the burgers don't include fries, they are listed seperately and so are some things like a 4 or 5$ salad and stuff would they be considered the appetizer? Has anyone ate there with the meal what did you get as the appetizer and dessert?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter