Fast Pass + (2 Separate Reservations)

d96j97

Disney NUT!
We have upcoming reservations for November. We originally booked a 6 night stay at WL but later added on a single night at All Stars due to a later arrival the day prior to our original reservations. Therefore, were are staying 6 nights at WL and one night before that at All Stars. Even though we will be on Disney Property for 7 days, we can't make all of our fast pass + reservations 60 days prior to our All Star Stay...correct? We will only be able to make Fast Pass reservations for one day and then have to call back the next day to make the remainder of them? Thanks in advance for your input! :thanks:

1. No you can make all 7 days 60 days out from your first night's stay at all star provided that your tickets were purchased separately from your rooms. However, if you bought the tickets as part of a travel package with the 6 night WL stay then you will not be able to make FP until a day later. Tickets from travel packages do not become active for booking FP until 60 days from the start of the vacation package whereas stand alone tickets can make FP immediately once purchased (up to 30 days in advance without an onsite stay or 60+ plus length of stay with an onsite room).
2. You don't call to make FP (unless you encounter a problem and need IT assistance). You make FP+ via the MDE website or app.

The Split Stays post from the FP FAQ addresses your question:
Split Stays

This post is based on information provided by poster @hiroMYhero.

The many possible combinations of split stays can make planning for the different FP booking windows difficult. This post lists the most common scenarios and summarizes how the FP booking windows should work for each. Real-world experiences and posts that would improve this information are welcome.

If the reader is not interested in getting FPs for any of the high-demand attractions mentioned here in Availability, then the information in this post can be ignored. The simplest FP booking strategy in this case is to wait until all trip dates are within the booking window and schedule all FPs at the same time.

Please note that onsite package tickets are not considered valid by the MDX system until the package check-in date. (This behavior is different than separately-purchased tickets, which are considered valid as soon as they are linked.) The 60-day FP booking window will not appear in MDX until 60 days before the check-in date. Before this point, it is normal for various members and/or their tickets to not appear in the MDX account. The entire traveling party and their tickets will appear at the 60-day mark in most cases. The FP booking window for package tickets will range from the package's check-in date to the check-out date.

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)
  • Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.
  • RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.
  • Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay
  • Onsite Package Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite package checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort.
  • Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.
Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Stay
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. This booking window will not include the dates of the offsite stay because the package tickets are not considered valid until check-in date of the onsite package stay. The ticket portion of the package can be activated up to 10 days prior of the onsite package check-in date (so that the package tickets can be used during the offsite stay).
  • Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

1. No you can make all 7 days 60 days out from your first night's stay at all star provided that your tickets were purchased separately from your rooms. However, if you bought the tickets as part of a travel package with the 6 night WL stay then you will not be able to make FP until a day later. Tickets from travel packages do not become active for booking FP until 60 days from the start of the vacation package whereas stand alone tickets can make FP immediately once purchased (up to 30 days in advance without an onsite stay or 60+ plus length of stay with an onsite room).
2. You don't call to make FP (unless you encounter a problem and need IT assistance). You make FP+ via the MDE website or app.

Thank you soooo much! I did know how to make the fast pass reservations (did that last year with a package) but this year we bought our tickets separately and am thrilled that I will be able to make them the first day (at 60 days prior to our All Stars stay). I really appreciate your reply!

The Split Stays post from the FP FAQ addresses your question:

Perfect!!! I actually tried to read through the FP thread and it was so long that I couldn't find the answer. I really appreciate your post!

Sorry...just to make sure, will this work. We have reservations for Nov. 7th at All Stars and Nov. 8-14th at WL. Sept. 8th is our 60 days prior to Nov. 7th. We are not planning to go to the park until Nov. 8th but want to make fast pass reservations for the 8-12th. Can we do this on Sept. 8th for those 5 days?

Sorry...just to make sure, will this work. We have reservations for Nov. 7th at All Stars and Nov. 8-14th at WL. Sept. 8th is our 60 days prior to Nov. 7th. We are not planning to go to the park until Nov. 8th but want to make fast pass reservations for the 8-12th. Can we do this on Sept. 8th for those 5 days?
Yes as answered twice above

Yes as answered twice above
Only reason I asked again is that I just got off the phone with a cast member and she was adamant about the fact that I could ONLY make fast pass reservations one day at a time since I didn't have tickets in a package. That definitely threw me off after thinking I had it all figured out! Sorry to have bothered you.

Only reason I asked again is that I just got off the phone with a cast member and she was adamant about the fact that I could ONLY make fast pass reservations one day at a time since I didn't have tickets in a package. That definitely threw me off after thinking I had it all figured out! Sorry to have bothered you.

She was adamantly wrong.

@mesaboy2 does a ton of research for his thread so always believe him over anything a phone cm says.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter