FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, as long as the Xmas party ticket is linked with your MDE account. We have MNSSH and MVMC tickets linked and had two extra days we could book FP+.
You must also have a 6-day reservation as well. If you plan to go to a park the morning of the party, you can only use one ticket to book FP+ for that day.

I have a 5 night resort reservation.
So you have six days to schedule then, correct? Which means yes, you will be able to schedule between the hours of 4 and 7 in the Magic Kingdom on your party ticket for the remaining day. We also have a 5-night/6-day reservation, but have six days of park tickets, which means I was not able to schedule any additional FP+ reservations with my party ticket.

If a ride is down and Disney notifies you that you now have an any attraction, any time FP+, do they send the notification to your MDE or to your email?

We are going in March and will do park opening. Is it wiser to use our FPs in the morning and then book more as the day continues or try to ride standby and then use the FP later?

We are going in March and will do park opening. Is it wiser to use our FPs in the morning and then book more as the day continues or try to ride standby and then use the FP later?

A good question that has existed since the inception of FP+. Just depends on if you want quantity or quality in my opinion.

Can you elaborate? We will have my mom, my husband, myself, and 3 daughters (21, 9, and 2), so we are all over the spectrum in terms of rides, attractions, and Meet and Greets. We want to do it all. :)

Can you elaborate? We will have my mom, my husband, myself, and 3 daughters (21, 9, and 2), so we are all over the spectrum in terms of rides, attractions, and Meet and Greets. We want to do it all. :)

Attraction waits, especially for popular attractions, are longest in the afternoon. So the quality choice would be to pick three of the most popular attractions at this time of day. The problem is you will not be able to get a fourth or more FP until after your third attraction FP is used or expired.

If you want more, but lower-quality FPs, then schedule your three FPs for first thing in the morning and then try to get more as the day goes on. This may mean you will not be able to get the more "valuable" (i.e. most time-saving) FPs as you would have if you opted to get them in the first place.

Many who have studied FP strategies grapple with this very question, and is asked all the time. There is no right answer.

And I'm afraid you won't be able to "do it all". You will need to prioritize what is important for your group and start with that.

Attraction waits, especially for popular attractions, are longest in the afternoon. So the quality choice would be to pick three of the most popular attractions at this time of day. The problem is you will not be able to get a fourth or more FP until after your third attraction FP is used or expired.

If you want more, but lower-quality FPs, then schedule your three FPs for first thing in the morning and then try to get more as the day goes on. This may mean you will not be able to get the more "valuable" (i.e. most time-saving) FPs as you would have if you opted to get them in the first place.

Many who have studied FP strategies grapple with this very question, and is asked all the time. There is no right answer.

And I'm afraid you won't be able to "do it all". You will need to prioritize what is important for your group and start with that.

Thank you! I guess by "do it all" I meant more along the lines of, we want to do little kid attractions, kid attractions, meet and greets, scary rides, etc. since our party is so diverse. Thanks for the help.

Thank you! I guess by "do it all" I meant more along the lines of, we want to do little kid attractions, kid attractions, meet and greets, scary rides, etc. since our party is so diverse. Thanks for the help.

There are so many ways the tour only you can decide the best strategy. For what it's worth, I think the idea of the 4th FP is more a theoretical than a practical consideration. Although it makes sense in theory, we never were able to grab decent choices in the afternoon. To maximize rides get there at rope drop OR in the last few hours of the park. Don't make special plans for the 4th FP, not worth it in my opinion...

I did read the OP, but I have a question that doesn't appear to be answered there..

We have a group of 3. Dh and I, and a friend of mine (my cohort for the Wine and Dine spectator party :)). Important Info:

1. I have us all in my MDE account - my friend does not have her own, nor does my DH.
2. DH and I are booked at Yacht Club, with the resort stay linked in MDE already.
3. I bought our 2014-2015 Armed Forces Salute tickets today, and linked the vouchers to my MDE, and assigned each ticket to one of us in my MDE.
4. My friend is planning on staying on site, but has not yet made her hotel reservation.
5. 60 day window opens Sept. 8th
6. We have separate hard tickets for the Wine and Dine Spectator event

My question is - do I need to have her hotel reservation linked in my MDE in order to book her FP+ at midnight on the 8th? Or is the fact that DH and I's hotel reservation is linked enough?

Tonight it was allowing me to look at all 3 of us within the 30 day booking window, but I know it won't open beyond that til the 8th. I need to know if I have to tell my friend that she needs to be booked by then and that I need her resort reservation # so I can link it to MDE and in order to make FP+ reservations.

Second question - should I link the tickets for the wine and dine 1/2 speactator event? Or would linking those mess up our original tickets? If we can, we'd like to book FP+ during the window that Epcot is open to the general public (party starts at 10, we can get in at 7). I remember there being issues with MNSSHP last year. We are *not* going into a park on the day of the marathon, so we do not want to accidentally get a park day removed. I assume if we linked, but then used the hard tickets (not MBs) to enter, we would avoid that issue?

I did read the OP, but I have a question that doesn't appear to be answered there.. We have a group of 3. Dh and I, and a friend of mine (my cohort for the Wine and Dine spectator party :)). Important Info: 1. I have us all in my MDE account - my friend does not have her own, nor does my DH. 2. DH and I are booked at Yacht Club, with the resort stay linked in MDE already. 3. I bought our 2014-2015 Armed Forces Salute tickets today, and linked the vouchers to my MDE, and assigned each ticket to one of us in my MDE. 4. My friend is planning on staying on site, but has not yet made her hotel reservation. 5. 60 day window opens Sept. 8th 6. We have separate hard tickets for the Wine and Dine Spectator event My question is - do I need to have her hotel reservation linked in my MDE in order to book her FP+ at midnight on the 8th? Or is the fact that DH and I's hotel reservation is linked enough? Tonight it was allowing me to look at all 3 of us within the 30 day booking window, but I know it won't open beyond that til the 8th. I need to know if I have to tell my friend that she needs to be booked by then and that I need her resort reservation # so I can link it to MDE and in order to make FP+ reservations. Second question - should I link the tickets for the wine and dine 1/2 speactator event? Or would linking those mess up our original tickets? If we can, we'd like to book FP+ during the window that Epcot is open to the general public (party starts at 10, we can get in at 7). I remember there being issues with MNSSHP last year. We are *not* going into a park on the day of the marathon, so we do not want to accidentally get a park day removed. I assume if we linked, but then used the hard tickets (not MBs) to enter, we would avoid that issue?
For your friend's window to be open at 60 days, she will need to have a valid on-site reservation linked to her tickets. You shouldn't need the reservation #, however, it should update automatically in MDX once she books.

We linked our party tickets to our MDX account, but plan to use the hard ticket to enter, not our MB, as we have been warned against this, as you mentioned. But by doing this, you should be able to schedule FP+ on you W&D ticket without using a park day - we could with our MNSSHP tickets.

Cluelyss said:
For your friend's window to be open at 60 days, she will need to have a valid on-site reservation linked to her tickets. You shouldn't need the reservation #, however, it should update automatically in MDX once she books.

We linked our party tickets to our MDX account, but plan to use the hard ticket to enter, not our MB, as we have been warned against this, as you mentioned. But by doing this, you should be able to schedule FP+ on you W&D ticket without using a park day - we could with our MNSSHP tickets.

How will her reservation link to my MDE acct without the reservation #? She does not have an MDE acct at all.

How will her reservation link to my MDE acct without the reservation #? She does not have an MDE acct at all.
Her reservation should link to her name in Disney's system, which should flow through to MDX, where you already have her linked in your family and friends, correct?

Cluelyss said:
Her reservation should link to her name in Disney's system, which should flow through to MDX, where you already have her linked in your family and friends, correct?

I have her set up in my family and friends, but no email address is attached to her or anything. I'm sure there are many people with her name..I would think it would take more than a name?

I have her set up in my family and friends, but no email address is attached to her or anything. I'm sure there are many people with her name..I would think it would take more than a name?
I may be wrong, but I thought you had to link someone with their email address? Then they get an email confirming that you can schedule on their behalf? But maybe that is just for someone that already has their own MDX account?

Doesn't she need her own account if she's not on your hotel reservation? She should create one and then you send her an invitation through your MDX to link her. You need her e-mail address to do that, and once she gets the e-mail she has to accept the invitation. That way you can make FP selections together.

I may be wrong, but I thought you had to link someone with their email address? Then they get an email confirming that you can schedule on their behalf? But maybe that is just for someone that already has their own MDX account?

I believe you can add anyone you want to your own MDE account. For example, I added both my parents and my wife to my account without having to give an e-mail. However, if the person has another MDE with tickets or reservations, you need to provide an e-mail to link them so you can make reservation for them, or for them to see your plans on MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter