FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are such a large party, I am a little stressed about A&E and SDMT! I know I will probably have to split our group up to get FP+ and start with our last day. Here is my question....my mom and I both have our own MDE account with everything linked and shared. Can we both be logged into our own separate MDE account at midnight booking FP at the same time. My thinking is if we both try to get FP+ for a group of 3-4, it will be easier than trying to get all 7 of us. Has anyone tried this? Also, I want to make sure...the infant can go with us to A&E even without a ticket/FP+ right??

We would like to try to get SDMT on 2 different days - the Monday of our Trip (2nd to last day) and Friday (the first day).

Is it possible for me to be signed into my account on my tablet and book our SDMT/A&E FP+s for Monday while DH is signed into the *same* account on another device/laptop trying to book SDMT for Friday?

I'd be concerned about doing this. The system is already glitchy enough without trying to confuse it. ;)

Since we are such a large party, I am a little stressed about A&E and SDMT! I know I will probably have to split our group up to get FP+ and start with our last day. Here is my question....my mom and I both have our own MDE account with everything linked and shared. Can we both be logged into our own separate MDE account at midnight booking FP at the same time. My thinking is if we both try to get FP+ for a group of 3-4, it will be easier than trying to get all 7 of us. Has anyone tried this? Also, I want to make sure...the infant can go with us to A&E even without a ticket/FP+ right??

Yes.

My window opens Friday the 12th but my checking day is the 11th? Weird.. Also on the app when I just click make fast pass selections it pulls up my party but it says I need park admission? I have 4 day tickets listed under tickets and passes...so I enter my resort reservation number and it says I already have the resort linked. Confused? Is tho because I'm not quite 60 days out?

Yes, I had the same message until exactly midnight EST at the 60 day mark. We arrive 11/3 and our 60 day mark began 9/4.

Thanks Mesaboy.....do you see any problem with two people in the same party being logged into separate accounts at the same time booking fp for different members of the same group??

Thanks Mesaboy.....do you see any problem with two people in the same party being logged into separate accounts at the same time booking fp for different members of the same group??

Hmmm, at least you'd be working separate accounts. I dunno, MDX is just so buggy I don't know how it would react to two accounts trying to access the same guests at the same time. I wish I had more confidence in it.

I'd be concerned about doing this. The system is already glitchy enough without trying to confuse it. ;)

lol, too true :thumbsup2. Probably best not to test it too much. Hopefully we'll be able to get Monday FP+s for it. We'd like to get at least 1 ride on it.

How is RD for SDMT? Does the SB wait get huge as fast as A&E? Is it worth even bothering to try?

lol, too true :thumbsup2. Probably best not to test it too much. Hopefully we'll be able to get Monday FP+s for it. We'd like to get at least 1 ride on it.

How is RD for SDMT? Does the SB wait get huge as fast as A&E? Is it worth even bothering to try?

I think it's worth a try.

I'm noticing A&E waits have dropped quite a bit--reports of longer than 90-120 minutes are getting rare. Might be the fact that it's offseason, or maybe there is a larger trend finally setting in. I might make it a normal "A" attraction if it doesn't spike again when normal crowds return.

IMHO the app on the phone is easier then using the browser..

One of my concerns with the app is that I remember it not showing all available attractions--things like A&E and 7DMT--when at the same time the site would. This was a month or more ago though...has the app gotten better in this regard?

Today is my 60 day window. We are DVC and are arriving at VWL on 11/6. The ressie is linked and is showing up in MDE. I was on MDE at midnight and the F+ was locked. Woke up this morning and its still locked. I thought the window opened at midnight? Any ideas what is going on?

Make sure you count your days correct I think you need to be within the 60 days nit just at the 60 day mark.

One of my concerns with the app is that I remember it not showing all available attractions--things like A&E and 7DMT--when at the same time the site would. This was a month or more ago though...has the app gotten better in this regard?

I got 7DMT @ 60 day mark the others were there but no available times..

mesaboy2 said:
I think it's worth a try.

I'm noticing A&E waits have dropped quite a bit--reports of longer than 90-120 minutes are getting rare. Might be the fact that it's offseason, or maybe there is a larger trend finally setting in. I might make it a normal "A" attraction if it doesn't spike again when normal crowds return.

Thanks...we might try that for RD one day then!

Does this then mean 90 d in advance?
You can still only schedule 60 days in advance, so you can't actually make FP+ selections on your party ticket for dates during your trip. But once you have any ticket linked to your account, the 30-day window opens as though you were an off-site day guest. So you can "practice" using the system if you wanted, you'd just need to cancel any selections you make during your test as you would not be able to use them.

Jajone said:
I'm trying to help a friend. Is Shades of Green considered onsite or offsite?

For FP+, Shades is considered offsite. Shades guests do get extra magic hours.benefits, however.

I have four complimentary park hopper one day passes that I "won" in a silent auction for charity. We will be at the parks for six days on our upcoming trip so I am going to add two more single park hopper days. Since these are individual days and I had to put in a number for each day to link them on my MDE account when I do my fastpass+ will I be able to book for all six days and not one day at a time?

I'm park-hopping between AK and Epcot. Since I can only pick Fastpasses for one park, I decided to pick Test Track for the evening and forgo the AK fast passes. So this is my question: I only have one FastPass selected for this day. I deleted the other two the system made for me because I know I won't use them. Will I be able to get FastPasses in AK in the morning when I am actually in the park? I read something about your pre-selected passes had to be used or expire before you could get additional, but I only have one picked and it isn't until late in the day.
I hope this makes sense!

jnncooke said:
I have four complimentary park hopper one day passes that I "won" in a silent auction for charity. We will be at the parks for six days on our upcoming trip so I am going to add two more single park hopper days. Since these are individual days and I had to put in a number for each day to link them on my MDE account when I do my fastpass+ will I be able to book for all six days and not one day at a time?

I believe whether or not you can book fp+ for your entire trip at once or having to book one day at a time is based on whether or.not you are a Disney resort guest, not tickets. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

I believe whether or not you can book fp+ for your entire trip at once or having to book one day at a time is based on whether or.not you are a Disney resort guest, not tickets. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

I hope so! That would make more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter