FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who have had your fast passes cancelled/changed, when is your trip? Early March?

My 3/9 FPs were changed. I went in and modified times last night when earlier hours were announced. My 3/10 FPS have remained the same so far but it has been days since I modified those.

Wow, it's crazy what happened today. I did finally get the anytime passes, though it is actually only for the ride so no using on MMRR but no biggie :P. Upside though is it actually allows me to still go and choose three other FP at any other park. But I'm curious, is anyone noticing ALL rides except from Frozen sing along at Hollywood Studios are all full? They're all showing no FastPasses, even Muppet Vision which like...never doesn't have FP left over. I wonder if the glitch that caused the FP chaos has also somehow screwed everything at HS.

Wow, it's crazy what happened today. I did finally get the anytime passes, though it is actually only for the ride so no using on MMRR but no biggie :P. Upside though is it actually allows me to still go and choose three other FP at any other park. But I'm curious, is anyone noticing ALL rides except from Frozen sing along at Hollywood Studios are all full? They're all showing no FastPasses, even Muppet Vision which like...never doesn't have FP left over. I wonder if the glitch that caused the FP chaos has also somehow screwed everything at HS.
Each day has different availability but they're all poor right now. One thing that I think happened is that there were a lot of FP's that were changed to other FP's such as Little Mermaid, Muppets, etc. so those have alot more booked than normal.

Each day has different availability but they're all poor right now. One thing that I think happened is that there were a lot of FP's that were changed to other FP's such as Little Mermaid, Muppets, etc. so those have alot more booked than normal.
Hmm possibly, it's just surprising cause super early today when I was dealing with the glitch, every other ride had multiple times available, and yesterday same thing. Clearly this glitch has made a lot of issues.

Think they needed to stop people from making new FPs so they could diagnose the issue and stop the endless loop of the system automatically changing FPs (and then giving out anytime FPs as compensation). I highly doubt all FPs are booked.

Quick question for all you experts out there! Tomorrow is FP day for some friends. They booked a package with park tickets. They have another friend joining them 2 days later. She didn't book a package, and just bought separate park tickets. I'm thinking that group 1 will be able to book for their friend tomorrow, because she didn't book a package. Is that correct?

Quick question for all you experts out there! Tomorrow is FP day for some friends. They booked a package with park tickets. They have another friend joining them 2 days later. She didn't book a package, and just bought separate park tickets. I'm thinking that group 1 will be able to book for their friend tomorrow, because she didn't book a package. Is that correct?
I think as long as the friends tickets are attached and eligible for 30 days out fast passes should be able to be booked. However might want to temper expectations with Hollywood Studios. Today was the apocalypse with those fast passes.

Reactions: CJK

Think they needed to stop people from making new FPs so they could diagnose the issue and stop the endless loop of the system automatically changing FPs (and then giving out anytime FPs as compensation). I highly doubt all FPs are booked.
Ooo actually that makes a lot of sense.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. My FP booking window opens tomorrow. I checked out the app today just to get a feel for reserving FPs. The app says my tickets aren’t linked. I tried entering in the confirmation number but it says my tickets are already linked. The app shows my tickets in my account. So is this just because my window isn’t open yet?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. My FP booking window opens tomorrow. I checked out the app today just to get a feel for reserving FPs. The app says my tickets aren’t linked. I tried entering in the confirmation number but it says my tickets are already linked. The app shows my tickets in my account. So is this just because my window isn’t open yet?
Correct, it will show that way until your window opens.

I asked this same exact question cause I was concerned would I be able to choose. When 7 am ET rolls around tomorrow, when you go to the same book FastPass it’ll give the ability to choose instead of it saying your ticket isn’t linked.

Does the date that you get to pick for FP+ refer to the 60 days prior to when you check into a hotel on property? Or 60 days prior to when the "first day" of your ticket starts?

We made a room only reservation way back when - arriving April 23rd. I got 1 ticket through Air Miles which turns out is a Flexible Dates ticket. So that booklet you get from Disney ("Your Magical Vacation Starts Right Now ___ Family!") states I can start picking my FP+ on February 23rd.

But then I recently purchased 1 x Canadian resident offer ticket for my husband. But it makes you input your first day that you'll be using the ticket, and I put the "first day" as the day we'll actually be in the parks - the 24th. And it does say that in MDE (5 days starting April 24th).

So now I'm wondering if it's only going to let me choose FP for only 1 ticket, rather than both. Because 1 ticket technically has a later start date.

I have never booked FP with date specific tickets. Today, just for fun, I wanted to see what would happen if I selected everyone in my party to book a FP. 4 of us have APs and 2 of us 8 day PH date specific tickets. The 2 in our party with the 8 day tickets, popped up saying they don't have tickets and I need to buy or link tickets in order to book a fastpass. Our real FP booking day is in 20 days. Will I be able to book our whole party then, or will I still get this error? Do I need to do something to fix this?

I have never booked FP with date specific tickets. Today, just for fun, I wanted to see what would happen if I selected everyone in my party to book a FP. 4 of us have APs and 2 of us 8 day PH date specific tickets. The 2 in our party with the 8 day tickets, popped up saying they don't have tickets and I need to buy or link tickets in order to book a fastpass. Our real FP booking day is in 20 days. Will I be able to book our whole party then, or will I still get this error? Do I need to do something to fix this?

Variations of this question have persisted for years. I have added the following to Post #3:
- Attempting to book FPs before your window opens will often result in a message indicating tickets are not yet linked. This message can be ignored, and should go away when the window opens.

Does the date that you get to pick for FP+ refer to the 60 days prior to when you check into a hotel on property? Or 60 days prior to when the "first day" of your ticket starts?

We made a room only reservation way back when - arriving April 23rd. I got 1 ticket through Air Miles which turns out is a Flexible Dates ticket. So that booklet you get from Disney ("Your Magical Vacation Starts Right Now ___ Family!") states I can start picking my FP+ on February 23rd.

But then I recently purchased 1 x Canadian resident offer ticket for my husband. But it makes you input your first day that you'll be using the ticket, and I put the "first day" as the day we'll actually be in the parks - the 24th. And it does say that in MDE (5 days starting April 24th).

So now I'm wondering if it's only going to let me choose FP for only 1 ticket, rather than both. Because 1 ticket technically has a later start date.

Post #3:
- For onsite guests calculating their 60-day point, it is based on resort check-in date only. Date-based tickets have no bearing on this.

Thanks. I appreciate you answering! I searched and read a bit figuring it had already been asked, but couldn't seem to find it.

Date-based tickets have only confused how this all works, and it was time I addressed it more clearly in the first posts.

I am still amazed when someone occasionally posts how easy FP+ is. I’ve written and maintained this thread for years, am skilled in a highly-technical IT field, and FP+ still makes my head spin. Planning a leisure trip to a theme park just shouldn’t be this hard.

I've been around the WDW block a little bit, but looking to plan a slightly longer trip in 2021 than usual (for us). Also, we've typically gone 2 full (RD to fireworks) park days followed by a rest day. This time,we are looking anywhere from 12 to 16 days, but with partial park days most days. So, we'd be resting and taking it slower each day, but still being in a park almost every day.

We have multiple questions:

1) when I pretend to book a package now for comparable 2020 dates (to get a ballpark price), I am limited to max of 10-day ticket. What is the best course of action? Book with a 10-day ticket and then call in to request more ticket days?

2) If we decide on the longer end (15-16 nights), the site also says we have a Max of 14 nights in order to add tickets. Again, does this require booking over the phone?

3) After FPs are booked when the 60-day window opens, if we decide that that we want to shrink more to 12-13 nights, would that cause problems with systems dropping the FPs we've already booked? I mean, I assume that if we drop a couple of days from the beginning or end of the trip, then THOSE FPs would be removed since we would not be there, but would it throw a wrench into the system by dropping dates that close? Does that make sense?

While it may not be exactly everyone else's strategy going in - this chart I designed helped me out BIG time at 7am when the rush was on to fill in all of my fastpasses. Especially since I had upwards of 11 people I was planning for on different days in the park. I took this into battle with me and really nailed everything I wanted.

View attachment 471512

I would suggest putting something similar together for yourself with not only rides based on the parks and days but also the order in which you want to book them (the most difficult FP to get being the first).

An added bonus was throwing in our preferred time slots to avoid any reservation conflicts so I could quickly refer to it when making the FP.

I can say with certainty that if you are staying off-site (or have others in your party that are) and you have just one individual linked to your MDE account staying on-site, you inherit their 60-day window. You just have to have that person included in each FP you make. This was a bit of a mystery and I was wondering it if was really going to work. And even if you are staying off-site you can use your MDE account to make the FP. I chose to use the individuals account who is staying on-site to make them, because i wasnt sure if mine would have access right away.

The other thing I would make certain for large families or mixed groups who are planning together is to make sure everyone is accounted for in everyone else's planning party. We had some issues with double accounts in my party with multiple email addresses associated with them that we had to straighten out with a cast member phone call. If something doesn't seem right, give them a call because had I not done so I would've put all of this work in for nothing.

I have some other charts and lists that I can share in the future
This is a wonderful chart! Does a template for this exist somewhere? I am planning for a party of 8 (husband, six grown kids and a grand-toddler) in October, and I must admit, my anxiety is building already. I cannot imagine how stressed I am going to be on the night before the window opens. I particularly like the part that shows the order to try to obtain the FP+s--genius!

So... for my trip dates, Hollywood Studios has been shifted from a 9 AM opening to an 8 AM opening. I thought that when that happens, FastPass+ times open up for that first hour of the day, not? I was hoping I could shift down my passes, maybe have a second shot at trying to grab a MMRR FP+ with the extra hour opened up... but I’m not seeing any extra availability for ANY attraction between 8 AM and 9 AM and obviously the biggies there still show up as all booked up. Is this normal or is there usually a delay between when they change hours and when more FP+ get added for that extra morning hour? Or was I probably just late to the party (again)?? Though I find that kind of unbelievable since the less desirable FP+ attractions do not show any 8 AM-ish slots either.

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter