• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay#1 FP booking opens for check-in through checkout. Window begins rolling with each day beyond the checkout day making it a super long Stay#1 that eventually meets up with Stay#2, if Stay#2’s dates are within 60 days of Stay#1.

This window continually rolls even when you are in your WDW resort room. It only stops when you checkout of your resort. If you had another stay (offsite) within that rolled window, you could have booked all your FPs.

The “rolling window into Stay#2” was reported by @AngiTN for the majority of her onsite stays. It was how the one day early open for Stay#2 was discovered! :)

thanks for explaining. i was hoping to snag FPs for slinky dog for the 30th but they were gone (as well as swirling saucers). it'll still be interesting to see what that place is like on opening day.

Fastpass Expectations

My Disney trips are usually at the end of August or early September, but this year I will be going during a much more crowded time period.
Aug 4 - Aug 16.

Assuming I am on-line at 7am on my 60 day window,

1. Is it likely I will get a fastpass for FOP on days 5 and 7 of my trip?

2. Fastpass for Slinky on days 4 and 8 on my trip?

3. Day 2 of my trip, book morning fastpasses (930,1030, 1130) for Space, BTMR, Splash?

Thanks

thanks for explaining. i was hoping to snag FPs for slinky dog for the 30th but they were gone (as well as swirling saucers). it'll still be interesting to see what that place is like on opening day.

That's why we're steering clear that day, going on Monday and Tuesday instead. Hopefully will take a little pressure off the other parks that day.

Fastpass Expectations

My Disney trips are usually at the end of August or early September, but this year I will be going during a much more crowded time period.
Aug 4 - Aug 16.

Assuming I am on-line at 7am on my 60 day window,

1. Is it likely I will get a fastpass for FOP on days 5 and 7 of my trip?

2. Fastpass for Slinky on days 4 and 8 on my trip?

3. Day 2 of my trip, book morning fastpasses (930,1030, 1130) for Space, BTMR, Splash?

Thanks

1) Yes

2) Don't know, apparently that's the harder one, the others would've been fine, but same tier. That will be your first priority, followed by FOP, and if FEA wanted.

3) Yes

That's why we're steering clear that day, going on Monday and Tuesday instead. Hopefully will take a little pressure off the other parks that day.

Yeah. We will go to MK for the first part of the day on the 30th. We have dinner plans at 50s Prime Time so I figured we'll just see what the park is like at that point. I got FPs for slinky dog for the 3rd at noon.

On both of our MK days we have 8:00 breakfast reservations. Those are also extra early morning magic mornings. Will it be a problem rope dropping Peter Pan with this event going on. We will already be in Fantasyland before the park opens, so I don't anticipate a problem, just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. I would like to use my FPs for other attractions that day if possible.

I am booking Peter Pan at 9 and 7 dwarves at 10; at 10 can I try and get an Epcot FastPass for afternoon or do I have to use all 3 at mk?

Question about booking FP after using the first 3-- let's say I use the first three in HS and then want to hop to AK. Let's say, just for fun, I'm looking and am able to snag FOP for late in the evening. Does that mean I can't book another FP all afternoon? Can you have more than one FP at a time after the 1st 3? I'm used to MaxPass in DL where you just have to wait a certain amount of time before you can book another.

Question about booking FP after using the first 3-- let's say I use the first three in HS and then want to hop to AK. Let's say, just for fun, I'm looking and am able to snag FOP for late in the evening. Does that mean I can't book another FP all afternoon? Can you have more than one FP at a time after the 1st 3? I'm used to MaxPass in DL where you just have to wait a certain amount of time before you can book another.

Only one at a time after the first three.

Booking Question

My daughter has off from school on Fastpass booking day, so I'll have another pair of hands. My party of 5 are all in my MDE account. Is it possible for her to log into my MDE simultaneously on another laptop and book fastpasses on different days than me? She tries to get the Slinky FP on days 2 & 7, while I try to get FOP on days 4 & 6?

Or could she book using the MDE app, while I book using my laptop?

Thanks for your help.

Is there a thread of info somewhere to find specifics on the logistics of not booking all advance FPs and then using one or two and then booking and park hopping for the 3rd+ day of?

What are the chances of finding a 7DMT for Saturday? I have a FP for 6:40, but am hoping to modify and find one for earlier in the day so I can get additional FPs before 6:40. Is this just a pipe dream?

What are the chances of finding a 7DMT for Saturday? I have a FP for 6:40, but am hoping to modify and find one for earlier in the day so I can get additional FPs before 6:40. Is this just a pipe dream?

If it’s just for a party of 1 then no, it’s not a pipe dream at all.

It will take some patience and a lot of refreshing, but beginning Friday night try to modify your 7DMT FP for an earlier time.

I never had problems with fast pass before but I am doing summer for the first time so I have a question

Since FOP is the hardest one to get, do you automatically skip your first few days and go straight to the day you plan on doing animal kingdom to book first? Risking alot of other fast passes, and days in the process?

Or do you continue to just go day by day until you reach AK day and then book fast passes for the day

I never had problems with fast pass before but I am doing summer for the first time so I have a question

Since FOP is the hardest one to get, do you automatically skip your first few days and go straight to the day you plan on doing animal kingdom to book first? Risking alot of other fast passes, and days in the process?

Or do you continue to just go day by day until you reach AK day and then book fast passes for the day

Yes I immediately went to my AK day and did FOP, then my HS for slinky dog, then MK days for 7dmt, then the tier 1 for Epcot, and then I go back to all my days and fill in with the rest of the fast passes that I want or what's available. I have done this the last 3 trips and it seems to work well. This last time the system went down on me when I wasn't finished all my fast passes but I didn't panic because all the really important ones were done. I was able to get the rest I needed a couple of hours later.

Since FOP is the hardest one to get, do you automatically skip your first few days and go straight to the day you plan on doing animal kingdom to book first?
It’s better to risk the lower priority rides than to totally miss out on FoP.

Book in order of priority by skipping around and then fill in all your park days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter