FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... for my trip dates, Hollywood Studios has been shifted from a 9 AM opening to an 8 AM opening. I thought that when that happens, FastPass+ times open up for that first hour of the day, not? I was hoping I could shift down my passes, maybe have a second shot at trying to grab a MMRR FP+ with the extra hour opened up... but I’m not seeing any extra availability for ANY attraction between 8 AM and 9 AM and obviously the biggies there still show up as all booked up. Is this normal or is there usually a delay between when they change hours and when more FP+ get added for that extra morning hour? Or was I probably just late to the party (again)?? Though I find that kind of unbelievable since the less desirable FP+ attractions do not show any 8 AM-ish slots either.

Thoughts??
Disney did open up fastpasses for the 8am to 9am hour this past Friday evening. But then there was a huge glitch, as discussed in another thread, and I'm not sure if Disney has fixed it yet. :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/fp-weirdness-for-march-at-dhs.3790901/

Is there a best strategy for quickly getting to the FP options the morning you can book? Given there are multiple screens, I was thinking its best to have my FB party selected and hit "next" right at 7:00 am. Or should I start on a page earlier in the process to be sure I'm properly recognized for my dates.

This is a wonderful chart! Does a template for this exist somewhere? I am planning for a party of 8 (husband, six grown kids and a grand-toddler) in October, and I must admit, my anxiety is building already. I cannot imagine how stressed I am going to be on the night before the window opens. I particularly like the part that shows the order to try to obtain the FP+s--genius!

Thanks!

Unfortunately no template, but I can send you the file if you have Adobe Indesign and you can make changes to it.

I was a ball of nerves leading up to the FP window opening as well and after reading through this thread and other sites I had a good idea of what FP were going quickly. Having that info helped me prioritize the difficult ones to get. It really helped me as I went through the process and after getting the first 3 tougher ones it actually made it a little fun...

Doing all of that ahead of time and thinking through each of our day's itinerary help me create those little preferred time charts. I avoided a couple of conflicts that way and I think that was the most important part of it, so if you do make one for yourself don't leave that out.

Thanks!

Unfortunately no template, but I can send you the file if you have Adobe Indesign and you can make changes to it.

I was a ball of nerves leading up to the FP window opening as well and after reading through this thread and other sites I had a good idea of what FP were going quickly. Having that info helped me prioritize the difficult ones to get. It really helped me as I went through the process and after getting the first 3 tougher ones it actually made it a little fun...

Doing all of that ahead of time and thinking through each of our day's itinerary help me create those little preferred time charts. I avoided a couple of conflicts that way and I think that was the most important part of it, so if you do make one for yourself don't leave that out.

Aren't you kind! But, no, my only Adobe is Photoshop Elements (not even Creative Cloud) and I'd never even heard of Indesign. I looked it up--I can see why your chart is so beautiful. I'll try to create something in spreadsheet form. Or maybe I'll just default to "old school" and draw everything out on a big whiteboard! I definitely want those preferred time charts as a handy reference. Good to hear you had success...fingers crossed that I am as lucky. And thanks again for sharing your chart and ideas!

Well, weirdly after all the glitches that happened Saturday, apparently in addition to two anytime FP for Star Tours and MFSR, for some reason Disney just added ANOTHER FP to use anytime from March 1-14 for any ride at HS with the exception of RotR, SDD and MMRR. Soooo didn't expect that but very cool.

I've been around the WDW block a little bit, but looking to plan a slightly longer trip in 2021 than usual (for us). Also, we've typically gone 2 full (RD to fireworks) park days followed by a rest day. This time,we are looking anywhere from 12 to 16 days, but with partial park days most days. So, we'd be resting and taking it slower each day, but still being in a park almost every day.

We have multiple questions:

1) when I pretend to book a package now for comparable 2020 dates (to get a ballpark price), I am limited to max of 10-day ticket. What is the best course of action? Book with a 10-day ticket and then call in to request more ticket days?

2) If we decide on the longer end (15-16 nights), the site also says we have a Max of 14 nights in order to add tickets. Again, does this require booking over the phone?

3) After FPs are booked when the 60-day window opens, if we decide that that we want to shrink more to 12-13 nights, would that cause problems with systems dropping the FPs we've already booked? I mean, I assume that if we drop a couple of days from the beginning or end of the trip, then THOSE FPs would be removed since we would not be there, but would it throw a wrench into the system by dropping dates that close? Does that make sense?

1) I believe that 10 day tickets are the maximum for those from North America. Additional days cannot be added on. If you want more days then you have to buy another separate ticket (which would be a lot more per day) or you could upgrade to an annual pass.

2) 14 nights is the maximum length of stay with a package. But if you book a room only reservation I believe the max is then 30 nights. You would then buy your tickets separately (nonrefundable if direct from Disney) and link to your MDE. You could also book a 14 night package and then add a room only for 2 or 3 nights if you needed more nights. But note that your tickets would only be valid for 14 days (not 15-16)

3) This I am not too sure about. They have been more strict about when FPs are booked and when reservations get cancelled and then cancelling the fastpasses too once a reservation is cancelled. If you make changes I think it depends. If you shorten days you may lose your fastpasses if they were booked with a 60 day window that was then cancelled. I think there has been some varying reports on this. I know that it is not that easy to drop a night or 2 anymore. It becomes a whole new booking rather than "modifying" your current booking.

I got caught up in the DHS FP March Madness this past weekend. As a result, I now have several date-specific "Replacement FastPass+ Plan" for multiple attractions on March 2, 4, 5, and 6, and now also one newly added "Multiple Experiences" FP+ valid anytime between 3/1-3/14.

So I'm wondering whether the system will be intelligent enough to use the date-specific FP's before burning the multi-day one. I have 2 date-specific ones on 3/2, so I don't want to use the multi-day one then. The starting date on the multi-day one is earlier than the date-specific ones, so it displays first on MDE. Anyone been in this situation before?

Last edited:
I have a very basic question about how to access my fast passes at the tapstiles of the fast pass line. This year we are going with a single day ticket. Our magic bands are 4+ years old, so we won’t buy new for a single day. I bought our tickets online and was sent an email with a barcode to scan at the front gates. So, we will be in the park without a magic band or physical ticket. What do we scan to enter the fast pass line? The barcode on my phone? All 3 of us will have the same fast passes booked and all will be linked to my account. Should I just go to guest services before park opening and get physical tickets? Thanks for the help.

I have a very basic question about how to access my fast passes at the tapstiles of the fast pass line. This year we are going with a single day ticket. Our magic bands are 4+ years old, so we won’t buy new for a single day. I bought our tickets online and was sent an email with a barcode to scan at the front gates. So, we will be in the park without a magic band or physical ticket. What do we scan to enter the fast pass line? The barcode on my phone? All 3 of us will have the same fast passes booked and all will be linked to my account. Should I just go to guest services before park opening and get physical tickets? Thanks for the help.

You can link your tickets to your account and use your existing bands if you like, they will work fine for FPs.

When you go to enter, they should give you a card for your electronic voucher- at least they did that for us a while back. You need to have that card to scan for FPs. I thought they made us go to the ticket booth for that, but I cannot remember. Someone else will know, I’m sure.

Our FP booking day is a couple weeks away. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into which FP at HS are the most difficult to get. MFSR, MMRR, or SDD? I just want to put them in order of booking priority.

Our FP booking day is a couple weeks away. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into which FP at HS are the most difficult to get. MFSR, MMRR, or SDD? I just want to put them in order of booking priority.
Just curious are you a 30 day or 60 day FP? As a 30 days out person for me SDD and MMRR were already gone when my window opened up right at 7. You might have better luck though if a 60 days out resort person. You may also just get lucky as sometimes the FP do just randomly appear. MFSR wasn’t showing when I first tried but a few days later it did. But in my opinion probably prioritize either SDD or MMRR

Just curious are you a 30 day or 60 day FP? As a 30 days out person for me SDD and MMRR were already gone when my window opened up right at 7. You might have better luck though if a 60 days out resort person. You may also just get lucky as sometimes the FP do just randomly appear. MFSR wasn’t showing when I first tried but a few days later it did. But in my opinion probably prioritize either SDD or MMRR
Thank you for responding!! I am glad you were able to get MFSR! Sorry, I should have specified that we are on site and our trip is 9 days longs. I do have 3 days starting at HS, so I can book all three Tier 1's on different days, just wondering which I should try for first.

Hi all, I think I am doing something wrong with my MDE app. I am trying to change my Navi fastpass for FOP by refreshing. I know its almost mission impossible, but hey, I'm trying my luck. When I go online, it works. However, on my phone Samsung app, it just tells me that there are no fastpass available for that day. No other options are proposed.

When I go in, I click on My plans. Then on my Navi fastpass. Then on Change.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Isabelle

Thank you for responding!! I am glad you were able to get MFSR! Sorry, I should have specified that we are on site and our trip is 9 days longs. I do have 3 days starting at HS, so I can book all three Tier 1's on different days, just wondering which I should try for first.
Jealous! lol. Well then I would still probably prioritize MMRR and SDD first before SR. I mean if you're planning to do boarding groups for RoTR, I'd honestly say just rope drop MFSR and save your FP for one of the other two. :)

Hi all, I think I am doing something wrong with my MDE app. I am trying to change my Navi fastpass for FOP by refreshing. I know its almost mission impossible, but hey, I'm trying my luck. When I go online, it works. However, on my phone Samsung app, it just tells me that there are no fastpass available for that day. No other options are proposed.

When I go in, I click on My plans. Then on my Navi fastpass. Then on Change.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Isabelle
Are you accidentally clicking on the Change time rather than the Change experience buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter