favorite souviners

We like to collect the pressed pennies and quarters. We also have shirts, sweetshirsts, and baseball caps.

I get a few Christmas ornaments every time I visit The World and also a coffee mug! I enjoy my coffee every morning remembering where and when I got my mug. The ornaments are a great way to bring back wonderful memories at the holidays. My kids unwrap them carefully and hang them on the tree "in just the right spot" so that we can remember all of our trips. I've also found them to be and inexpensive gift at holiday time.

We get silhouettes of our family done at the shop on Main Street in the MK. Reasonable, two-for-one and the frames are cheap too. We have a nice progression of our kids growing up. We also buy one of the flat porcelain Christmas ornaments, then write the year and the month on the back with indelible marker.

Abitjaded--Those silhouettes are a great idea!

We went to Disneyland when I was a little girl, and I still have the one of me (I'm looking at it right now!) and my grandmother still has my cousin's on the wall. When we go at the end on this year for the first time to WDW I'm going to try to get my 2 and 4 year olds to sit for it too.

(happy ferret dance)

I remember when we went to Disney World in 2002, and we found the Mickey antenna toppers - it said Walt Disney World on it and I felt special, because no one back home had them. Now you can find them at all Disney stores.

Also in 1997, when they had the Mickey shaped pencils, but you can find them in Disney stores now, too.

I like to look for a nice T-shirt with Disney World on it and the year. I also like to get a glass or mug with Pooh on it that also says Disney World. I try to find things I can use every day.

My favorite purchase was a blue nylon bag that has Pooh on it, and underneath him it says Walt Disney World. I hooked a plush pooh keychain on it, and take it everywhere I go - it holds ALOT. It reminds me of the magical place, and makes me more anxious to go!! :jester:

This year will be the same task - look for something unique and maybe a little crazy :crazy:

That should have said in 2000 - I haven't gone to DW in 2002 - YET!! :bounce:

When the Walk-Around-the-World started, we decided that our main souviner each trip would be a brick on the walk. Our first one was in front of the left entrance to MK and we go all the way around from Contemporary to T&TC. Wish they were still selling them.

Other favorites are my MICKEY jewelery. I can always have my favorite mouse close to me.

:) :earsgirl:

This is a weird one - I load up on as many napkins and paper plates as I can. They have different logos on them depending on where you get them, and make dining at home that much more fun for a while!

My favorite..... a silhouette of my then 1 1/2 year old DS that we got on Main Street during our first visit to MK. The artist even included his cowlick. Everytime I look at it, I can still remember how he clapped everytime we saw the castle. Even at that young age, he "got " the whole disney thing!

I pick up magnets and license plates each time we go. I also get the Official Albums/CDs and pictorial souvenir books. I used to get pins, but had to be more selective since pin collecting is so big. I am now trying to find a koozie (a soft drink can holder) with WDW on it. I'm not sure if they sell them anywhere on property. Haven't seen them in my last few trips. The only place I remember seeing one is Pleasure Island some time ago. Does anyone know if and where Disney sells them at WDW?

I like to get a tea mug and a picture frame from each trip. My all time favourite is a pin that my son bought me. It's the shape of mickey's head with the Canadian flag on it. In Epcot they had them with all the country flags on them. It's my favourite.

BuzznBelle'smom,
That's okay, I'll share! After all, I did get it from another user here. It was a fun little quiz. Glad you like it!

Originally posted by kmr
This is a weird one - I load up on as many napkins and paper plates as I can. They have different logos on them depending on where you get them, and make dining at home that much more fun for a while!

ROTFLOL Thought I was the only one who did this. The kids love the blue, red and purple plasticware in their sack lunches on our return. We also bagged a bunch of plates, cups and napkins left over from our single birthday celebration at the Disney Club before they closed up shop. Kept us happy for a long time on special occasions.

I like to get the beautiful Christmas ornaments at the Christmas shop in DD, and have them personalized by the artist working. This year, we bought a wooden "frame" ornament and had it engraved. I can't wait to see it on the tree, with a photo of our Disney trip in it! (The others, we keep out year-round...).

I also like to get the posters they sell in the "art shop" at DD. I found one 2 weeks ago at the Belz Outlet, of the castle (which I had intentions of buying anyway!), for 50% off! Gotta love that!;)

I like those photographs you can get after some of the rides, like the Tower of Terror or the Test Track. I plan on getting some Lion King lithographs I saw at the Art of Disney store in Downtown Disney when I go back to Disney this December. I can't think of anything that I get on a regular basis every time I'm there.

My DW and I always buy Christmas Ornaments with the year on them. Needless to say, our tree is almost all Disney.

AJ

my favorite was my 100 year disney barbie i got on my last trip in april.my DH's favorite was the mickey soaps in the room. LOL:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter