Favorite thing to do at DTD when staying at SSR?

MrsNick

<font color=darkorchid>sometimes out of desperatio
Hi, for those of you who have stayed at SSR and took advantage of the proximity to DTD, what's your favorite thing to do there?:idea:

I'll have one to add when I get back from my trip next month.

a ghirardelli's hot fudge ice cream sundae on whatever flavor ice cream i'm feelin' that day! :thumbsup2

Our favorite thing to do at DTD when staying at SSR is to walk over and SHOP!!! (Well, with the exception of the World of Disney store... it's always a madhouse.

We also like to head over there for lunch at Earl's and then having an ice cream sundae at Ghiradelli (although on our last trip it was more like cream sundae (it was mostly melted by the time we got it).

I'm silly but I like taking the boat there. :lmao: My ds was allowed to ring the airhorn and was given a special co-captain button when we went last. He kept telling everyone he was the captain of the boat, and it was time to get going on the trip back to SSR at the dock....:laughing:

We like to walk early in the morning when it is still quiet and the shops are starting to prepare for the day. It's like walking thru a Village, saying good morning to everyone, music playing in the background, the paths are empty and the ducks are out.:hippie:

In the evenings, Dh and the boys like to visit DQ (they stay open til midnight and sometimes 1am) and sometimes we go over to have empanadas at Bongo's walk up window. I will catch a movie if the weather is bad.

They also have lots of free parties and events on the stage in front of WOD. Those are always fun!

Hey everyone!:goodvibes

We love to use our DDP CS credits to have a really good breakfast at WGPE. We also love EoS. My new fave is BBB in WoD. The girls had sooooo much fun getting there makeovers. We will do that every trip. I also get some of our best photo ops at DTD. I'm a shopaholic so I told dh that instead of spending a ton before the trip, I would cut down on my spending and our baggage by buying the things they need at WoD.;) I haven't taken the ferry over there yet because DH insist on driving everywhere.:rolleyes: The girls also insist on riding that overly expensive carousel.:rolleyes:

I really enjoyed Fulton's Crab House on my last visit. A bit pricey but if you go at lunch you can do a bit better. The service is top notch and food is excellent.
Love the shopping too!! Love the Pooh Store and the Sports store, I even like World of Disney with the crowds. I was there on December 23rd and even though it was crazy crowded, it was really fun. Everyone was cheerful and happy!

I haven't taken the ferry over there yet because DH insist on driving everywhere.:rolleyes: The girls also insist on riding that overly expensive carousel.:rolleyes:

from SSR for me it was easier and took less time to walk over from the Congress. tell him to leave the car at SSR.

food allergies so I end up at MacDonalds (which DVC members get a discount - not ap or dde).

love the Christmas shop, the under $10 store - got some great bargins here, the dog and cats, and I do sometimes go to the WWOD, and lego.

I like to go during Xmas time and this year I will be at SSR from December 14 to December 22. I like to go to the Marketplace to watch the Christmas choirs and the various performers. It is also interesting to watch the small children (and sometimes the parents - it's a hoot!).

Honestly, I just love walking around in the evening. It reminds me of going down to the pier on summer nights as a kid. We usually hit the parks pre-opening and are there for the rope drop - we stay until early evening and then tend to have dinner around 7:00. We either go to a resort to dine, or leave the park after dinner. My favorite thing is just walking around DTD around 9pm, when I don't want to deal with the post-fireworks-crowds at the parks and just want to relax before calling it a night.

We also :love: the Adventurer's Club.

We/I like to just stroll around, shop at the stores. Eat at Earl, stop at Ghiradelli's for a sample, hit the pin store and just enjoy the sights.

We enjoy walking to Earl's ,sitting outside and justwatching the people, very much funpixiedust:

Well, my brother likes that DTD is so close because my SIL and I can just walk over during their son's nap time and do the shopping we want to do. He'll "babysit" which also equals to him getting a nap time;) , and we load up on our souveniers:thumbsup2 . Then when nap time is over we can be back at the room as soon as we want to be:p

My favorite shop is the Christmas store. I also find ways to spend money in the Pooh store and don't even get me started on WOD...
:offtopic: Have you noticed if your spending habits on souveniers have increased, decreased, or stayed about the same w/your DVC membership. I keep waiting for the urge to buy everything to decrease w/going every year, but that hasn't happened yet:confused3 ...I also love going over to the lego store and looking at the lego creations.

We'll usually grab a lunch at EOS and Planet Hollywood, and Ghiradelli is usually our last day of trip treat. We love being just across the pond from DTD.:goodvibes

He'll "babysit" which also equals to him getting a nap time;)

:offtopic: Have you noticed if your spending habits on souveniers have increased, decreased, or stayed about the same w/your DVC membership. I keep waiting for the urge to buy everything to decrease w/going every year, but that hasn't happened yet:confused3 ...I

Sorry, but the post about the nap time is too funny! :lmao: My DH is also very big on his, umm, nap, I mean "alone" time. :lmao:

As far as urges to buy, I'm usually pretty good with buying for me because I usually buy the same stuff every time: WDW photo frames. I usually buy one really nice pic at the park and purchase an 8X10 frame to go with it. Where I tend to fall off the wagon is in buying souvies for the people back home who couldn't make it :rolleyes1

So, I'd say our souvenir spending habits are roughly the same as B.D. (Before DVC). We'll see if that remains the case with the proximity to DTD, lol.

YOu know the ones down at the Couldren ( near disney quest). They are the size of a childs head!!!!

here's the big tip.....take it with you and cut it up with a knife, .......

mmmmmm so good......

DH loves SOUSA'S cigars, he even met and talked to Mr. Sousa, so we always have to go there.

Mmmmmmmmm.......Marshmallow on a stick! :tongue:

No trip to DTD is complete without a stop at Goofy's candy Co.!

Drooooool...........Did I mention Marshmallow on a stick? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter