Favorite website for recipes

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
My computer has messed up royally and I lost my favorite site to go to for research. What is your favorite website to search out recipes?

I just did some research and found one of my sites. It is cooks.com. Anybody want to share their favorite site??

I have so many bookmarked, the list doesn't fit on the screen without scrolling down! :rotfl2:

Honestly I generally just Google what I'm looking for because I'm looking for Italian or Indian or Mexican.....

But if I had to choose a favorite site, I'd have to say this one! ;) I prefer to get recipes that someone can tell me their personal experiences with them.

allrecipes for sure, but also recipezaar (though the last couple of main dishes I've tried with great ratings were just eh...)

here too!

My favorite is recipezaar. I always read the reviews because some of the recipes have 5 stars, but that is after the poster got through tweeking it. I also use allrecipes as well as foodtv.

Check out the "what"s for dinner" thread on the community board becasue the recipes there are really good.

Thanks guys! I forgot about recipezaar and allrecipes. I will definitely have to rebookmark those. I, too, rely a lot on the board. There are so many helpful people.

I lost a GREAT crockpot mac and cheese recipe when the computer failed. I have been trying to locate the recipe and couldn't remember exactly WHERE I found it. Still haven't found it.

I forgot to add. I love your snowglobe, Nancy!! I am so computer illiterate so I can't even edit my signature. I need my dd to come over and help me revamp mine. It is sooo cluttered! I would love to do the holiday signatures like everyone else!!

jiminyC_fan said:
I forgot to add. I love your snowglobe, Nancy!! I am so computer illiterate so I can't even edit my signature. I need my dd to come over and help me revamp mine. It is sooo cluttered! I would love to do the holiday signatures like everyone else!!

I never had a signature until I got "boo'ed" and my SIL had to do it for me ;) . Now I am determined to learn how to get pictures into that photobucket so that I can edit my sig with a pic of my DGD. I also am going to learn to post photos because I relied on everyone elses for help, now it is my turn to post for others.

I am always amazed that what seems to be a major project for me is just a click away for the "young" ones!

jiminyC_fan said:
I just checked out copykat.com. It is new to me. The kid cuisine part was so cool.

After I found copycat I spent a small fortune making versions of products I usually bought! It was great fun.

Nancyg56 said:
I never had a signature until I got "boo'ed" and my SIL had to do it for me ;) . Now I am determined to learn how to get pictures into that photobucket so that I can edit my sig with a pic of my DGD. I also am going to learn to post photos because I relied on everyone elses for help, now it is my turn to post for others.

I am always amazed that what seems to be a major project for me is just a click away for the "young" ones!
I have been blessed two times with two different pictures but I can't do it. You arre so correct about how easy it is for the younger ones!!

Have you downloaded the pic's in to photo bucket yet? If not, go sign up and down load a picture. Its easy- just click on the download, and seach your computer for the pic you want. Then after it loads, there are 3 options under it. Choose the last option. Cut and paste to this site. If you need more info, let me know.

I also like the copykat site - especially the "tried and true" recipe section on the forum - fabulous!!

hlbtimes2 said:
Have you downloaded the pic's in to photo bucket yet? If not, go sign up and down load a picture. Its easy- just click on the download, and seach your computer for the pic you want. Then after it loads, there are 3 options under it. Choose the last option. Cut and paste to this site. If you need more info, let me know.

Not yet, but your notes are a great start for me. I can't wait to be able to share some favorites! Thanks for the details. I'll let you know how I make out.

I love these two sites - make sure you use metric measurements as UK imperial measurements don't entuirely match US ones and you might have a problem with baking ones.

bbc.co.uk/food

If you also google BBCgood food magazine they have just started putting recipes online - cheaper than a subscription! (free! free is best!)

also uktvfood.co.uk

and deliaonline for Delia Smith's recipes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter