Favourite thing to do when you get "there"

tobidisney

Mouseketeer
I am sure this has already been done, but here goes.....

I am going to DTD to get a big candy apple....yummy

:cool1:

Berate the front desk CM for not giving me the exact room I wanted.

We used to drive straight through and get in around 2-3, explore the resort and maybe head to DTD, and then pop over to eat in an EPCOT restaurant for dinner. We typically don't find the new EPCOT to be a park we spend more than one day visiting - but it has such great dining - so that first half-day was always a great time to squeeze in an extra dinner.

Our last trip, we actually drove to Gainesville the first day and arrived at Disney at 9am, so we got our check-in stuff and dining plan cards, but told the front desk there was no rush on the room because we'd be in the parks till 8 or 9. I think we are arriving on a SWW day, so chances are we'll try to get there early and get to do 2 weekends of SW activities. I think we may start following that basic pattern from now on. (We actually got a GREAT, and extremely clean, room that way - I wonder if it was the combination of a really early check-in and me saying to take as long as they needed to get the room ready that helped?

In the past we've gone to DTD for dinner that first night. Last couple of times it's been to Earl of Sandwich. For our upcoming June trip, we will be staying at Coronado Springs the first night before moving into OKW. We've never stayed there so we'll probably just explore the resort, maybe jump in the pool and then have dinner there.

On a 6 day trip to WDW we spend a total of 1/2 day at DTD. We do that the day we arive in Orlando, it works out perfect. We get to the resort at noon, tell them we would like to check in, and that we will return at 8:00. We get to DTD about 1:30, eat a snack, walk around and look at stores and eat an early dinner. Look at a few more stores and head back to the resort for swim, and to get into our room.

Once we arrive and check in we park in front of where our room will be at SSR and then head to the nearest bus stop and head to Animal Kingdom. The family has to ride the Dinosaur ride first. Can't wait only 97 days and a wake-up! :banana: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

Head to the MK for a walk down Main Street. Not truly there until we see the Castle! :thumbsup2

When ever and where ever we take a vacation, we always arrive at our destination in the evening (we live on the west coast and always go east), the first thing we do is use the resort pool then get room delivery pizza.
We have been doing this since the kids were small, and if we try to eat something else, they make sure we stay on course.
That's our "tradition" and however small it may sound, we think it is our lucky charm.

For the past few trips we had headed to the MK. We eat at the Plaza Restaurant and hang around for Wishes. Like someone else said, you arent there until you see the castle.

Settle in. We run up to the room, drop the suitcases, get our Owner's Locker and then head out for a grocery run. Then I do what DH calls "build my nest" - unpack everything and put it in closets, drawers, etc. Put groceries away, wine on to chill, toiletries put away in the bathrooms.

After settling in we either head for one of the restaurants and have a glass of wine and appetizers (for some reason neither one of us is real hungry after flying all day). Or we have salad or wine & cheese on our balcony. If any of the kids are with us that trip to the restaurant is always for a meal.

The first park day is always the next day at Epcot. For some reason we haven't gotten there until we ride the "ball" in Epcot.

This year we are starting off with two nights at the Poly before VWL. We are driving from Baltimore so I hope to arrive somewhere around 8 or 9AM. I thought we would eat breakfast at Kona, swim and relax and go to EPCOT for dinner at San Angel Inn. We usually start with MK but last year we stayed at BCV and went right into EPCOT and it was a really great memory. So I am going to try to repeat that and start with EPCOT again.:) But then we are on the monorail so who knows?;)

We usually check-in... Eat Lunch at Artist Palette...go to Publix near the outlets for groceries and water....unpack...and get ready for a wonderful first Dinner in the world:goodvibes ...This year it will be at Cali Grill...with a bonus of watching wishes..... hopfully from our table !!:cloud9:
The next day starts the parks days....this year it`s MGM...since that day is the first evening EMH...;)

We usually unload and spend time checking out the resort, take a swim, eat, and then go over our plans. I've learned to slow down with park days when we first get there. We usually take a really early plane ride in and everyone is ready for a cat nap mid-afternoon.

Since the AP discount we ALWAYS swim first, then hit MGM (if we are BCV or BWV) or MK if we are at VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter