Feb 2013 car rental

Have you looked at the Dollar city specials that is where I got my great $100 for 5 day rental for next week.

If you submit a rental for dollar when the chose of what car class appears there is also a yellow box that says city specials. Click on it.

Have you looked at the Dollar city specials that is where I got my great $100 for 5 day rental for next week.

If you submit a rental for dollar when the chose of what car class appears there is also a yellow box that says city specials. Click on it.

Still in the mid to high $200's for Dollar even with city specials.

I'm also going those same dates and I kept trying all different codes and combinations (which takes a Lot of time!). This morning I went on Priceline (Name your own price) and got a full-size for $185 total. I bid $25 per day and it was immediately accepted. Perhaps try even a bit lower? I wish I had! If not accepted, you can bid again in a day. But even $185 total I thought was great as the lowest I could find was through Dollar for $241. I'm through Avis (on site) and glad because they don't charge for spouse as an additional driver. I've done Priceline many times in the past and it always seems to be the best deal for me.

Geez, I hate to mention this but I submitted a bid for $127 ($15 per day plus fees) and it was accepted. Now I wish I had tried lower too!

Would you mind sharing what information you enter into the contract ID and coupon ID fields to use the KLM code?

Thanks.

KLM code 8572130
I went onto the KLM website and joined the flying blue club so I'd have a card to show in case they ask.

I am having no luck for President's week. I have tried DOllar's City rates and nothing lower than $380 plus another $100 in taxes. I tried Priceline for $25 a day and got denied. Uggg.:confused3:confused3

I ended up renting a van thru Alamo insiders for for the first 2 days at $120. Then dropping off and re-renting (same location/day/time) for our last 3 days at $170. $290 for five days. Thats the best I could get. I paid $80 for 5 days last month for our Wdw trip............

I am having no luck for President's week. I have tried DOllar's City rates and nothing lower than $380 plus another $100 in taxes. I tried Priceline for $25 a day and got denied. Uggg.:confused3:confused3

Check this coming Tues after 9:00 a.m EST they will release last minute rates on Alamo.

Just checked Dollar for my dates and it is showing that the location is sold out! yikes!

If you don't mind me asking is this for MCO? Presidents Week?
Wow. Sold out is surprising!
There are no city specials for my dates anymore. We're coming in on the tail end of Presidents Week (Friday night) and rented from Enterprise. I have a feeling it's going to be slim pickings since people won't have returned their week long rentals yet on a Friday night. Oh well, I think with Enterprise they assign you the vehicle so we wouldn't be able to pick anyway.

If you don't mind me asking is this for MCO? Presidents Week?
Wow. Sold out is surprising!
There are no city specials for my dates anymore. We're coming in on the tail end of Presidents Week (Friday night) and rented from Enterprise. I have a feeling it's going to be slim pickings since people won't have returned their week long rentals yet on a Friday night. Oh well, I think with Enterprise they assign you the vehicle so we wouldn't be able to pick anyway.

Yes it was for Presidents week. my dates are 2/15 to 2/25 I couldn't believe it! Maybe they will add more? I will prob keep checking anyway. :)

Very Happy!!! Priceline finally came through for me. I have been bidding every day for a mid sized ffor presidents week.
Today it accepted my bid for 17$
a day!!

I have never done Priceline... If I bid at MCO, is there a chance the car rental place would be offsite from the airport? Or are they inside of the airport only? Thanks!
:surfweb:

I have never done Priceline... If I bid at MCO, is there a chance the car rental place would be offsite from the airport? Or are they inside of the airport only? Thanks!
:surfweb:

You will only get one of the major car rental companies when bidding on priceline and they are all located onsite at MCO.

Yes it was for Presidents week. my dates are 2/15 to 2/25 I couldn't believe it! Maybe they will add more? I will prob keep checking anyway. :)

Not surprising...why do you think all these big car rental companies want to merge & buy each other out? This lessens competition. With less competition they can keep rates high. People have started playing the book early & 'hope' rates come down game more & more. This does exactly the opposite, it lessens supply and rates stay high during high demand times. The only time rates come down is when demand is lower. We will start seeing this more & more with fewer car rental companies competing against each other. Remember Hertz owns Dollar/Thrifty and Enterprise owns Alamo/National. Avis/Budget are also owned by the same corporation. So basically there are only 3 major agencies competing against each other.

Just checked Dollar for my dates and it is showing that the location is sold out! yikes!

I just called Dollar to extend the rental of car I am currently renting and while on the phone I asked about MCO being sold out and she confirmed that they have no more cars left. Its because of the holiday weekend. Thankfully she was able to extend me and gave me the rate of $14.00 a day which is what my current rental rate was. I figured I would get the going rate and have to pay a higher rate.

I just called Dollar to extend the rental of car I am currently renting and while on the phone I asked about MCO being sold out and she confirmed that they have no more cars left. Its because of the holiday weekend. Thankfully she was able to extend me and gave me the rate of $14.00 a day which is what my current rental rate was. I figured I would get the going rate and have to pay a higher rate.

Well that worked out nicely:)

What shocked me about that weekend being sold out is that EVERYTHING is sold out. Not just a few types of cars. Which means there are people out there actually paying some of the ridiculous rates we're seeing :scared:
You'd think there would be some of the Premiums and huge SUV's left. But nope.. nothing. That's crazy. I don't even think I saw that at Christmas:scared:

I have been told previously that supply is tight in Florida in February due to Daytona & cars being booked up for the race as well as President's week, which doesn't help any of us.

I have been told previously that supply is tight in Florida in February due to Daytona & cars being booked up for the race as well as President's week, which doesn't help any of us.

Makes sense ,I'm sure they move a bunch of cars up to Daytona too because normally there isn't a huge supply of cars at the airport here. It's just lucky the Daytona 500 is late this year (Feb 24), that's the worst time although there are preliminary races leading up to it.

Things were real tight at LAX at Christmas this year too. Fortunately, I got a good rate & rented early, but when I checked back later it was down to just one company left with cars.

This weekend is the start of a VERY busy week at Disney. MCO is flooded with Daytona 500 race fans, twirl mania (baton twirling) is held at Disney, Presidents week, New England states have winter break - that is if they are not snowed in and able to get to Disney, I saw a huge medical convention at CSR.

What I found too is that if we could not extend our rental car, that we would get a car from one hotels near DTD. However they too where sold out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter