FEBRUARY 2008 WDW travelers post HERE!!!

We have had 2 snowfalls (1" and then 3+ inches) in the past 2 weeks and are supposed to get more tonight. It has barely gotten into the upper 30's for those 2 weeks, with many days in the low 30's/below freezing. We still have snow on the ground from last weekend, and our snowman is still partially up. Doesn't Jack Frost know I live in GA???? What's up with that? I'm ready to go to WDW and hopefully warm weather!

It's funny, my kids have never seen snow and my oldest is turning 18 in just a few weeks!

englishrose47, I would still like to try and meet before we leave the World!

I am so jealous (but happy for) those going before us. We don't leave until next Sat. I have no idea how I will make it through work for another whole week! I am glad we will be able to catch a couple of Mardi Gras parades, keeps the kids occupied, and keeps me from hearing "MOM is it time to go yet??"

I am glad we will be able to catch a couple of Mardi Gras parades, keeps the kids occupied, and keeps me from hearing "MOM is it time to go yet??"

I hear ya..if only I had something great to occupy mine while on the road so I don't hear.."Are we there yet," about 50 times. Hopefully they will fall asleep (we are traveling late afternoon/night) for the bulk of the trip. We have tried the DVD player..that gets old, coloring, and a few other things. But my children would prefer to look to make sure that they don't miss a thing.

BTW..it is still cold as ****!! But I still feel for those of you with all the snow. Guess that is why I live in the south. Speaking of snowmen...it snowed here like 18 or so years ago. We managed to build about 3 snowmen before the next few giant balls were full of grass mixed with snow. They managed to not melt for about 3 days. It was awesome. I wanted to freeze a snowball..after all..we don't see snow that often. Next time it snowed..it was a few flurries on the car window. But hey..we take the good with the bad. It actually snowed in Orlando in 2006(around Thanksgiving). It was just a few snow flurries..but anything can happen. My kids pray for snow!!! But hopefully not at DisneyWorld while we are there. Well, it would be awesome..Hmm..

Hey All ~~

Well, we leave in 1 week!!!! Whoo Hoo

This time next Thurs. we'll be well on our way to Florida!!!! :banana: I'm doing some packing, a little here and there, but, I'm soooooo ready to go!!!

Just an FYI - I gave DS a Zicam Rapidmelt (cherry) last night and it seems like his cold has almost gone completely away!!!! It's crazy - I'm going to give him another one tonight, but it seems like it is REALLY working!! I've used the spray before and it worked really well for me, so I saw the melts yesterday and thought "why not try it for DS" -- so far so good!!!

SO - let's do the one week boogie!!!!

:cheer2: :dance3: :cool1: :banana: :dance3: :dancer: party: party: party:

I'm going out today to find some Zicam, I went to bed last night with a hoarse voice and stuffy head. This morning I can't hardly talk and can't stop coughing. Hopefully the girls won't get it. We leave Thurs. morning, we actually bought tickets to fly Thurs. out of Jackson. I can't wait to get there.

Bring on the warmer temps.:goodvibes Hope to see some of you there!!
Sharon

Well, I can finally say we're leaving THIS Thursday night!!!!! I'll be packing (adding to what's already there) this weekend. CAN YOU BELIEVE WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!!???? I feel like I have to do EVERYTHING this weekend b/c Mon - Weds are sooo busy for us with dancing, religion class, & my husband teaches private music lessons on M & W. Thursday will be here before I know it and I DON'T want to have anything to do Thursday except pack up the van and rest because we're driving at night.

WOOOHOOOO!!!! 6 more days!!!!!

:jumping1: :jumping1:

US TOO US TOO!!!!!! We leave Thurs. too - after school!!!! I'm soooooo busy today, but I had to take a break and check in here!!!!

OK girls - are we ready!!!! WHOO HOOOOO :woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cheer2:

:eek: I am finishing up Sunday for sure:thumbsup2

More than bouncing, kids wake up and we do the cha-cha line through the house "only five more days hey".:laughing:

Me to!! I can't wait to meet you all!! :hug: I am sooo excited I can't even form complete sentences!!

I'm dancing around too - we are a riot!!! I'm actually packing today!!! YEAH!!!

I'm going out today to find some Zicam, I went to bed last night with a hoarse voice and stuffy head. This morning I can't hardly talk and can't stop coughing. Hopefully the girls won't get it. We leave Thurs. morning, we actually bought tickets to fly Thurs. out of Jackson. I can't wait to get there.

Bring on the warmer temps.:goodvibes Hope to see some of you there!!
Sharon

OHHH, yeah, go get some quick - DS is totally over it and I gave him only 2 tablets of the rapidmelts. I've used the spray and it worked really great!!! Hope it works for you too!!!

See ya there on Sat!!!

I'm gonna' get some!! :idea:

But I have had a different bug this weekend-drinkin Maylox!! It seems to be gone;)

4 days!!!

Lori

I am just about to pack my car to get on my way! I will actually not get on the plane until Tuesday, but since I am living at two places right now, I am leaving the first (Berlin) and am on my way to the other (Nuremberg). This means, it is the last time I am able to have internet access! I hope everyone will manage to be cold-free for WDW, have a safe trip and of course the most magical vacation!!!

I am just about to pack my car to get on my way! I will actually not get on the plane until Tuesday, but since I am living at two places right now, I am leaving the first (Berlin) and am on my way to the other (Nuremberg). This means, it is the last time I am able to have internet access! I hope everyone will manage to be cold-free for WDW, have a safe trip and of course the most magical vacation!!!

Have a safe trip, hope to see you down there!!

I can't believe how fast our trip is coming up!

We haven't had any snow at all yet but I KNOW that the day before we're supposed to leave we'll get a foot of snow, LOL!

It's funny, my kids have never seen snow and my oldest is turning 18 in just a few weeks!

englishrose47, I would still like to try and meet before we leave the World!

I am so jealous (but happy for) those going before us. We don't leave until next Sat. I have no idea how I will make it through work for another whole week! I am glad we will be able to catch a couple of Mardi Gras parades, keeps the kids occupied, and keeps me from hearing "MOM is it time to go yet??"

Hey let me know where and when !!

:sad1: I am so bummed :sad1:

I keep checking the weather forecast at www.weather.com and it is showing rain for part of my Mardi Gras visit, days Feb. 2, 3, 4.

Hopefully the forecast will change as the dates get closer! Guess I better get out our good rain jackets when packing.

Joyce

We leave Wednesday, and at 2 am this morning, my ds12 is throwing up!:scared1: Poor kid, but I am freaking out just a little. After cleaning everthing up and getting him back to bed, I'm laying in bed, thinking "Oh, is that a tummy ache I feel? Oh no!" Then my DH says the same thing out loud! I'm thinking, no, it's just phychosymatic(sp?). DS sleeps through the rest of the night, but then at 6 he's on the toilet for, well, you know. :scared: Great! I am Lysollling the bleep out of his bathroom, have pretty much confined him to his room (moved a small tv in there to entertain him) and hoping for the best. He says he is very hungry now, which I think is good sign.Oh, I hope the rest of us don't get sick, and I hope he's done with it. He says he feels fine, just hungry. He wants donuts, so DH went out to get some. Send soem pixie dut our way, please! :sad1:

We leave Wednesday, and at 2 am this morning, my ds12 is throwing up!:scared1: Poor kid, but I am freaking out just a little. After cleaning everthing up and getting him back to bed, I'm laying in bed, thinking "Oh, is that a tummy ache I feel? Oh no!" Then my DH says the same thing out loud! I'm thinking, no, it's just phychosymatic(sp?). DS sleeps through the rest of the night, but then at 6 he's on the toilet for, well, you know. :scared: Great! I am Lysollling the bleep out of his bathroom, have pretty much confined him to his room (moved a small tv in there to entertain him) and hoping for the best. He says he is very hungry now, which I think is good sign.Oh, I hope the rest of us don't get sick, and I hope he's done with it. He says he feels fine, just hungry. He wants donuts, so DH went out to get some. Send soem pixie dut our way, please! :sad1:

oh no! Sending Pixie dust now!:wizard: pixiedust:
Hope he's well and you all stay well.

More pixie dust and a prayer for hockeybabe and the family. Hope it passes.

To all...did some final shopping today..got snacks, light up stuff, etc.
Going to get a new memory card. What essentials am I missing? Also, I am a bit confused on the shoe organizer for the room..do we just hang it up in the closet or something?

Also, a big early Happy Birthday to WendyPooh. I remember you saying you would be celebrating at Disney. Hope it is a great one. It certainly has the makings..:flower3:

Any travel tips for those of us driving?

Regarding the shoe organizer:

The one I bought was 6 pairs long, and made of nylon. I actually cut it in half so I now have 2, each only 3 pairs long.

Why did I do that? We are driving, and will have 2 pre-teen girls in the back seat. This way, we will hang the organizer halves from the front seats so each girl will be able to fill hers with her junk. I'm just going to use some clothesline to make a loop that will slip over the seat. I'll tie it short enough so it will just fit around the headrest.

Once we get to the hotel, we will then be able to hang them from, hmm, the closet rod? Or over the bathroom door?

I'm really going to encourage the girls to keep their stuff in the pockets. Things like the Nintendo DS they each have, small stuffed animals, other little things.

Hello All!!

I haven't posted in a while. Getting so excited now that it is closer.

Anyway, quick question, can you rent those pool vest thingies at the resorts? I know I've seen kids wearing them, but didn't know if they were just there for the taking or a rental thing, and if you can get the for the whole week or what?

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Duffy..hadn't thought of that for the car. Great idea.

Not a whole lot of posting going on..everyone must be busy packing and doing other Disney stuff.

Hope we can all manage to have a productive week. It will be tough on me..I keeping runnin around singing "We're going to Disney World." When I am not singing it..my kids are. :cloud9:

Hello All!!

I haven't posted in a while. Getting so excited now that it is closer.

Anyway, quick question, can you rent those pool vest thingies at the resorts? I know I've seen kids wearing them, but didn't know if they were just there for the taking or a rental thing, and if you can get the for the whole week or what?

Thanks in advance!!

I know they are free at POP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter