February 2012 Car Rentals

Has the Air France code been posted here? I got a great rate by joining their FF program, Flying Blue. Join and then you will receive a welcome email with links to the partner rental car companies.

Has anyone ever heard of Sixt Car Rental? Shopped last minute deals from carrentalsavers.com & they showed a SUV for Feb 20th- 28th for 183.00. Went to their website & could get it for 93.00 with all taxes, unlimited miles, etc if you pay online. I just wasn't sure if anyone had ever used them or not? Any advise would be great as the price is right but is it too good to be true.
Thanks in advance

Has anyone ever heard of Sixt Car Rental? Shopped last minute deals from carrentalsavers.com & they showed a SUV for Feb 20th- 28th for 183.00. Went to their website & could get it for 93.00 with all taxes, unlimited miles, etc if you pay online. I just wasn't sure if anyone had ever used them or not? Any advise would be great as the price is right but is it too good to be true.
Thanks in advance

There is another thread her about them. I don't think anyone has reported back yet. I was watching it also.

Was able to get a reasonable rate. Went with Budget at Doubletree near Downtown Disney, got a Ford Escape or similar for Feb 20-27th for 222.00 with all taxes before coupon. Used BCD D454301 & coupon code MUGZ029.

Has anyone used Fox in Orlando? I have Alamo at $80 for economy Feb 27-Mar 1. Fox is offering $34 for a standard. Thoughts?

Has anyone used Fox in Orlando? I have Alamo at $80 for economy Feb 27-Mar 1. Fox is offering $34 for a standard. Thoughts?

Are you using any codes for Fox? I have never heard of them, but am still looking for a deal for 2/23-2/26 or 28. The best I have found is $156 total for MCO to the CCC 2/23-2/26. I can't believe Alamo hasn't dropped their prices yet for that time.

Just their website and the 10% link. I did google fox reviews because I didn't get a response here and the reviews are very negative. Not the Orlando location, though, it's new.

Thanks! It looks like I am "stuck" with a convertible for 3/23-3/26. Guess I can't complain since it IS a convertible, but I'd be happy with an economy for under $100.

Thanks! It looks like I am "stuck" with a convertible for 3/23-3/26. Guess I can't complain since it IS a convertible, but I'd be happy with an economy for under $100.

Compact on expedia.ca for $76 inc taxes with Dollar.

All I know is when season kicks in not only is it nearly impossible to find a car to rent, but they make it 3x as expensive!!!!!!

All I know is when season kicks in not only is it nearly impossible to find a car to rent, but they make it 3x as expensive!!!!!!

It might be because of President's Week and Daytona Week, but I don't think it's the "season" yet, because if I change my 2/21-3/6 (two weeks) reservation with Alamo for a Standard to a mere week later, it drops from $697 to $293. I've never had this problem with Alamo before. Right now we're going with Budget BCD D454301 and MUGZ029. :confused3

I'm still struggling with my Feb 24-29 rental. I prefer Alamo or National but they are well over $400 still ugh. The lowest I can get is 178 with Budget.

Anyone else out there have success with these dates?

Compact on expedia.ca for $76 inc taxes with Dollar.

:scared1: I might have to book with them. Any idea how much the taxes would run? If I had that rate for 5 days with Alamo, I would expect it to be $30-$40 in taxes. I hope it's still there once I get the kid to school. Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

:scared1: I might have to book with them. Any idea how much the taxes would run? If I had that rate for 5 days with Alamo, I would expect it to be $30-$40 in taxes. I hope it's still there once I get the kid to school. Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

Taxes are included in the $76 total I quoted above.

I'm still struggling with my Feb 24-29 rental. I prefer Alamo or National but they are well over $400 still ugh. The lowest I can get is 178 with Budget.

Anyone else out there have success with these dates?

On expedia.ca you can get the following which include taxes with Dollar:

Compact $102.38 Midsize $104.91 Fullsize $110.06

On expedia.ca you can get the following which include taxes with Dollar:

Compact $102.38 Midsize $104.91 Fullsize $110.06

Cool, thanks. I put in my times and get $128 for the compact which is decent. I'm not too keen on prepaying though.

How is dollar? Is there any way to bypass the counter like there is at Alamo/National?

Can someone explain this?

I booked a midsize Emerald Aisle on 1/19. The total was $310 but I've been checking daily for a lower rate.

I checked today and saw that it was now coming up $283. Of course the $25 coupon is no longer valid but I'm still saving $27 without it. So when I log in to modify my ressie I see that it is already modified and my total is now $253 and the $25 coupon has been applied. :confused3

Does National automatically change your ressie when the rates go down?

It kills me to pay this much and we've always traveled in late January to early March, we've just never traveled during President's week so now we know to avoid this week in the future. :thumbsup2

ETA: Thanks to another Diser, I just got my rental down to $221 using the klm frequent flyer member code! Woot!

Can someone explain this?

I booked a midsize Emerald Aisle on 1/19. The total was $310 but I've been checking daily for a lower rate.

I checked today and saw that it was now coming up $283. Of course the $25 coupon is no longer valid but I'm still saving $27 without it. So when I log in to modify my ressie I see that it is already modified and my total is now $253 and the $25 coupon has been applied. :confused3

Does National automatically change your ressie when the rates go down?

It kills me to pay this much and we've always traveled in late January to early March, we've just never traveled during President's week so now we know to avoid this week in the future. :thumbsup2

ETA: Thanks to another Diser, I just got my rental down to $221 using the klm frequent flyer member code! Woot!

No, it does not automatically change, however, if you go to modify it, it recalculates it.

I need help~ please :)

We will be arriving ~ MCO on 2/23 @ 5:30 pm.
Need a rental car till 2/27~ boarding a cruise in Port Canaveral.

Returning from cruise on 3/3 and need a rental from 3/3 to 3/6~ returning home from MCO.

All the rates are crazy ! Someone please help me :(

We have the Alamo insider if that matters

Thank you sooo much in advance !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter