February 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch

CherylA

DIS Veteran
I think it's finally time to start up an official thread for February 2014 Car Rental codes and deals.

Please post your best rates and codes here.
:surfweb::drive:

I'll start, I have Alamo Feb 15-Feb 24 a minivan with a Costco Contract ID and a $25 off Costco coupon for a grand total of $456.61 I got that on 10/7 and so far it's only gone up. Tough week to travel!

We are actually on a 4 day cruise for the first part of the trip but it was as expensive to rent for just the last 4 nights of our trip from the port as it is to rent for the whole 10 days from the airport.:confused3

I'll start, I have Alamo Feb 15-Feb 24 a minivan with a Costco Contract ID and a $25 off Costco coupon for a grand total of $456.61 I got that on 10/7 and so far it's only gone up. Tough week to travel!

We are actually on a 4 day cruise for the first part of the trip but it was as expensive to rent for just the last 4 nights of our trip from the port as it is to rent for the whole 10 days from the airport.:confused3

found a rate at about 256. 7 days at m c o. yuck.

Just checked again, even with the Costco discount and $25 off the rate for Feb 15-24th Alamo for a minivan with all taxes and fees is $485.90 For an economy it's $445.24!!

I have an economy booked thru national for feb 6 to 10 with klm code and $20 off entertainment coupon for $151. Not great but at least a starting point!

I think it's finally time to start up an official thread for February 2014 Car Rental codes and deals.

Please post your best rates and codes here.
:surfweb::drive:

I rented my February SUV from Budget back in April. I used BCD X474200 which I got from a fellow DISer. I got a standard SUV for $350 for 8 days.

I rented my February SUV from Budget back in April. I used BCD X474200 which I got from a fellow DISer. I got a standard SUV for $350 for 8 days.

Wow thats thinking ahead! We only finally decided on February back in July. Thats a pretty good rate especially if its for Presidents Week.

Wow thats thinking ahead! We only finally decided on February back in July. Thats a pretty good rate especially if its for Presidents Week.

We always go President's week to avoid the kids missing any school and my wife works for the school system as well. I start shopping as soon as we get back as that is a VERY popular week and prices go up fast. Purchased Feb 2014 flights back in June as well.

We are going Feb 22-March 2. A couple weeks ago I was able to find a deal through Firefly when they were just starting up. Got 8 nights mid-size for $105. Their rate is now up to $390 for the same time period and I haven't seen anything else even remotely comparable. Even as we get close to Feb, that's a busy weekend so I doubt we'll find anything cheaper!

We are going Feb 22-March 2. A couple weeks ago I was able to find a deal through Firefly when they were just starting up. Got 8 nights mid-size for $105. Their rate is now up to $390 for the same time period and I haven't seen anything else even remotely comparable. Even as we get close to Feb, that's a busy weekend so I doubt we'll find anything cheaper!

The KLM code for Feb 22-Mar 1 was pretty good, not so much anymore. I have a minivan with Budget for $397. I have never found that this week goes down in price as we get closer.

We also used Budget code X474200. It has worked for us several times. We are using it President's week.

We also used Budget code X474200. It has worked for us several times. We are using it President's week.

Just tried this code, my Feb 15-24 dates total $ 1,061.87 for a minivan :rotfl2: Guess I'll keep my $500 reservation with Alamo, I don't think I'm going to get anything lower for my dates.

Just tried this code, my Feb 15-24 dates total $ 1,061.87 for a minivan :rotfl2: Guess I'll keep my $500 reservation with Alamo, I don't think I'm going to get anything lower for my dates.

Yikes!!! I got the reservation back in May. I usually play around with codes every week trying to find cheaper! Seems everything is more now!

About a month ago I got an Escape from Budget for February 20 - 28 picking up at MCO but dropping it off at Ft. Myers for $600. I thought about it and a week ago decided to take DME to our hotel and then pick up an Escape from Budget at one of the hotels (they'll pick you up) on the 22nd and then drive to Ft. Myers. Cut my price in half. An apples to oranges example but thought that I'd post about other options to cut rental prices.

Wow, my $105 reservation for 8 days is looking better and better. The crowd forecast for my week doesn't even look that bad. I don't know why all the other prices are so ridiculously high.

Wow, my $105 reservation for 8 days is looking better and better. The crowd forecast for my week doesn't even look that bad. I don't know why all the other prices are so ridiculously high.

Totally all about dates, that includes the crowd level. High airfare, car rentals, hotel rates and crowds for dates anytime during Feb 14-23rd. I'm guessing you're traveling outside of those dates?;)

The last few years we have gone at very busy times and we got a better deal by booking our pickup at the Dolphin rather than the airport. I know it seems strange but there was a huge price difference. We just took the Magical Express from the airport to our resort and then got a $8 cab to the Dolphin. We saved several hundred dollars by simply changing the pickup location. May be worth checking!

I booked a minivan for 2 weeks using the Alamo insider for $592. Same minivan now is over $1000.

Is Feb not a popular time to go? Every other thread is hopping with deals. ...i've tried to get a Feb thread going since Aug or so but nothing.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

Totally all about dates, that includes the crowd level. High airfare, car rentals, hotel rates and crowds for dates anytime during Feb 14-23rd. I'm guessing you're traveling outside of those dates?;)

We arrive on 2/22. I know that's the tail end of a peak time. I just meant that all the other rates DURING our time frame are high. I booked at $105, now everything is in the $300-400 range for a compact/mid-size. You always read that cars get cheaper as you get closer to your dates, but last year in early December that wasn't true, I got the best deal ~2 months out. This time I booked 4 months in advance and with rates around $400, I doubt I'm going to beat $105.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter