February 2018 Check-in Thread

We'll be there the last day of Feb and into March! When I told my mom when we were going, she said 'but you'll be there during rainy season!' She lived in CA like 40 years ago. I don't mind a little rain, but is that something that is expected that time of year?

I haven't been since February of 2014, but my husband and I will be there February 1-4. We are staying at the Courtyard. Neither one of us has been to DCA so I am using the Lunar New Year Festival to try and convince him we need to go this time!

Boyfriend and I will be going Feb 26-27, and flying back home to Vancouver on the 28th. Hotel is still not reserved as normally we stay at the Hilton, but since this trip we will be celebrating Valentines, his birthday and my birthday we're thinking about staying on scene. We decided we would prefer Grand Cali but we're humming and hawing over the price ($470 US = $600 Canadian a night)

I have our hotel figured out now. First, I booked an AirBnB because it was really cheap and had good reviews ($360 for 6 nights). Then after staying at the Tropicana with my mom earlier this month, I started thinking about how much more convenient it is to stay across the street/walking distance. I then found a great AP rate at the Grand Legacy at the Parks (I don't remember the exact price but it was in the $600-$700 range for 6 nights). I liked the Tropicana so much when I stayed there earlier this month that I checked their rates for February, and found a decent deal for around $830 for 6 nights. So at one point I had the AirBnB, Grand Legacy, and Tropicana booked.

Then I found this motel called King's Inn for $460 for 6 nights. I did the prepay option, which saves 25% off and figures out to about $65 a night. After some more research, I realized that King's Inn was formerly the Super 8 Motel on Katella. It has pretty decent reviews, and includes a simple breakfast. My husband and I have stayed at the Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites a few times which I believe is comparable, so we don't expect anything fancy. King's Inn isn't across the street, but it's only $100 more than the AirBnB (in which we would have had to use Uber/Lyft everyday) and it's walking distance (10-15 min). We're pretty excited! We hardly spend time in the room anyway so the cheaper the better and it also leaves more room in the budget for food which is what we care about anyway haha.

Oh, and I canceled AirBnB, Tropicana, and Grand Legacy :flower:

Our family of 6 will be there Feb 24-March 5, staying at Springhill Suites. Planning 5 days at the park, a day at Universal, possibly splitting up for a day at Legoland and Knottsberry but we haven't decided that yet.

The Fantasmic! Dining packages are finally open for February! (At least the Hungry Bear one is. I've been watching it for weeks.)
We're booked for the first show on Monday the 5th.

Hi all. We will be there 2/27-3/3. This is our final trip before our APs expire. We are in Northern CA and impulsively upgraded last spring and it’s been so much fun catching all of the seasonal stuff at DLR!

I have our hotel figured out now. First, I booked an AirBnB because it was really cheap and had good reviews ($360 for 6 nights). Then after staying at the Tropicana with my mom earlier this month, I started thinking about how much more convenient it is to stay across the street/walking distance. I then found a great AP rate at the Grand Legacy at the Parks (I don't remember the exact price but it was in the $600-$700 range for 6 nights). I liked the Tropicana so much when I stayed there earlier this month that I checked their rates for February, and found a decent deal for around $830 for 6 nights. So at one point I had the AirBnB, Grand Legacy, and Tropicana booked.

Then I found this motel called King's Inn for $460 for 6 nights. I did the prepay option, which saves 25% off and figures out to about $65 a night. After some more research, I realized that King's Inn was formerly the Super 8 Motel on Katella. It has pretty decent reviews, and includes a simple breakfast. My husband and I have stayed at the Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites a few times which I believe is comparable, so we don't expect anything fancy. King's Inn isn't across the street, but it's only $100 more than the AirBnB (in which we would have had to use Uber/Lyft everyday) and it's walking distance (10-15 min). We're pretty excited! We hardly spend time in the room anyway so the cheaper the better and it also leaves more room in the budget for food which is what we care about anyway haha.

Oh, and I canceled AirBnB, Tropicana, and Grand Legacy :flower:

We stayed at the Kings Inn (was still Super8) back in September and had no complaints. They don’t charge for parking and have a simple, free breakfast as well. We got 6 nights for under 500. Can’t beat that. I would stay there again but the walk was kind of brutal on the way back each night. But we have a 1yo and 4yo. If it were just us or we weren’t going so many days in a row I would book there again.
We are actually staying at the Grand Legacy this time around. I can’t wait until we are out of car seats so we can stay a bit further and just Uber back to hotel at the end of the night!

We are there from February 20-26th. I'm hoping it's not insanely busy! I am putting the tickets in my kid's stockings! We are staying at a Marriott (free with points...cha ching)....booked one already...but might do the Courtyard Theme Park again, undecided! Super excited!!!

We stayed at the Kings Inn (was still Super8) back in September and had no complaints. They don’t charge for parking and have a simple, free breakfast as well. We got 6 nights for under 500. Can’t beat that. I would stay there again but the walk was kind of brutal on the way back each night. But we have a 1yo and 4yo. If it were just us or we weren’t going so many days in a row I would book there again.
We are actually staying at the Grand Legacy this time around. I can’t wait until we are out of car seats so we can stay a bit further and just Uber back to hotel at the end of the night!

Good to hear, thanks for the info! I like that it has a free breakfast. Oh yeah I hear you about the walk--when we've stayed at the Anaheim Islander Inn & Suites (which is basically the same distance away from the parks) our walks back were rough, especially towards the end of the trip.We are both fairly young (mid 20s) and don't have any kids, so I can imagine that's a lot of more difficult with little ones. Nice, you will have to report back on how you liked the Grand Legacy! I'd love to try it out someday. The rooftop bar sounds cool and I like that it is one of the more reasonably priced options across the street.

Coming down from Seattle during our mid-winter school break 2/18-2/25. We'll be driving 18 hours for the first time, so no guarantees that we will arrive with the same number of children as when we start, considering they fight on a five-minute drive to the bus stop. But flights are crazy expensive and with the money we save we can splurge on WOC Dessert party and nicer room at the Courtyard Theme Park.

Coming down from Seattle during our mid-winter school break 2/18-2/25. We'll be driving 18 hours for the first time, so no guarantees that we will arrive with the same number of children as when we start, considering they fight on a five-minute drive to the bus stop. But flights are crazy expensive and with the money we save we can splurge on WOC Dessert party and nicer room at the Courtyard Theme Park.

This made me chuckle!

Taking our family of 5 for the first time Feb. 25- March 2. We will be staying at Del Sol. I went to Disneyland a few times growing up, but I'm pretty overwhelmed at planning a trip there for the first time. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on MaxPass trying to decide if I should I get this. Also, looking into Fantasmic Dining, other restaraunts I should plan, and touring plans for our time. I'm hoping for some really great advice from you all! ;) ;) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter