February 2019 Discount Watch

FYI: Spoke with a Costco Travel Rep yesterday - gave me the info that their 2019 packages should drop end of August or early September. He mentioned they are being trained on new hotels and new offerings (misunderstanding when I said, "I'm looking forward to see if the Costco offers rival the Disney Sports packages as my daughter is competing." He then said, "we'll have that one too Disney's All Star Sports resort".) So should be interesting, I know they still have SSR packages available for parts of 2018.

We're reserved for end of February/ first week of March. Looking forward to whatever offers spring up for that time period this fall.

We are looking at last week of February into early March. I am torn between renting points at SSR or booking POR/POFQ with the chance of a future discount. What to do?!
We were planning on renting points for the first time but chickened out. I didn't like the idea that its not refundable. We have a 4 yo so we need that flexibility just in case something happens.

Just reserved @AOA two Cars suites for 2/25-3/1. We are staying in one and my mom in the other. My three boys will move between the suites. Hoping I can get them close together and we can get some sort of discount since we are planning on doing the DDP.

We were planning on renting points for the first time but chickened out. I didn't like the idea that its not refundable. We have a 4 yo so we need that flexibility just in case something happens.
I ended up booking SSR and renting points. We have done this a couple times before and it is very easy and saves a bunch. We have a Chase visa that includes travel insurance. You can purchase travel insurance through the rental store, too, which isn't that much all things considered. Our DD is currently 6 so I get it, but with the insurance it has worked out well!

I ended up booking SSR and renting points. We have done this a couple times before and it is very easy and saves a bunch. We have a Chase visa that includes travel insurance. You can purchase travel insurance through the rental store, too, which isn't that much all things considered. Our DD is currently 6 so I get it, but with the insurance it has worked out well!

Thanks for the tip. We will probably try it next time. Our situation is slightly complicated in that in addition to our son being an almost 4yo, he is also a foster child. He will be ours (legally) soon but not in time for the trip. You never know what will happen when dealing with foster situations. When he is 100% ours we will definitely rent points.

I just posted this in a separate thread, but thought I'd add it here as well. (We're going Feb 24 - March 2)

=================================

I just booked my 2019 trip today with Small World Vacations.

I was asking about possible spring discounts and the Disney expert told me there is often a Play, Stay and Dine offer. (Of course there are no guarantees.)

Does anyone know what this offer has been in the past? Why type of discount is it?

I just posted this in a separate thread, but thought I'd add it here as well. (We're going Feb 24 - March 2)

I was asking about possible spring discounts and the Disney expert told me there is often a Play, Stay and Dine offer. (Of course there are no guarantees.)

Does anyone know what this offer has been in the past? Why type of discount is it?

I haven't been to Disney in 18 years. We have booked our trip and are making payments. Do you or anyone else in this thread know if you have already booked, they can go back and add discounts?

This discount has been offered the last few years. Disney at one time offered free dining in January-February but they stopped doing that in 2014 I believe. Stay Play Dine is similar but not quite. We have taken advantage of it once before and plan to again in 2019. The discount itself is hard to hammer down but basically it offers 50% off dining and 5-15% off the room depending on which hotel you stay at. The park ticket discount is the same as everyone gets when buying multi-day tickets.

The room discount is a complete mystery really so you can't predict what that discount will be until the offer is released and run a few test reservations on the Disney site. Typically the more expensive the hotel the greater the discount.

We are heading down for the President's Day soccer tournament at ESPN WWOS. After, we will stay for the week. I really want to stay at CR, but waiting for discounts to come out. Maybe POR if discounts are not great.

Mousesavers says the discounts from Jan-April should come out between October/November:cool1: We're hoping to get the Disney Visa Cardholder discount during the Princess marathon weekend! Hoping we can get the discount at ASMo.
https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codetrends

0t5d2tws02iud9z5.png

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

Joining! I am booked at POFQ, but hoping for a room discount. If a good enough one comes out I want to switch to Contemporary!!

We have a week planned 2/23-3/2 off-site at WBC with another couple and there 2&4yr old boys. They are Disney nuts like we are and I k ow they aren't going to want to do as much Disney as we do. So I'vegot my husband on board with adding a few days after off-site and staying on site and doing 3-4 Disney days just us. So 3/2-3/5, trying to decide where to stay and possibly renting dvc. I really want to stay at contemporary or poly, we've started at POR, and loved it so it's our other option. So many decisions, discounts would help

Costco Travel now has some of their offerings for Disney up...very surprised to see CBR and Boardwalk resort offered! Complete with onsite offerings.

Saw the Costco Listings. I agree that CBR is a bit odd that it is listed, considering how much construction is going on. I guess it will be done by then......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter