• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 7th - 11th crowds

frechley

Mouseketeer
We likely need to move our trip to February and am hoping for input about crowds for our dates. Does anyone think crowds would be bad due to Mickie and Minnie Railway opening a little over a week before the start of our trip?

Here’s hoping splash mountain is still up too…

Thanks for any input!

To be honest, the crowd levels have been unpredictable and just worst compared to other years. (Regardless of any park event)) The fact that your dates are a mix of weekdays and weekends is a good strategy

I do know other states have a “snow week” in February. Maybe someone else can speak for that timing. I know that crowd takes me by surprise. Our (SoCal) school district has that weekend (10-12) as a 3 day weekend. But Presidents’ Day (magic key block out) is the next weekend of the 20th

I think they are trying (and succeeding) to make it pretty miserable with crowds all year - so it is really a coin toss.

We went in Feb one year and sooooooo much was closed. The entire Critter Country was walled off and closed past Haunted Mansion, in DCA the area between the Grand Cal entrance and the hub was also walled off (so Soarin and GRR were closed). The castle was behind a tarp so you couldn’t walk through. The water was drained in DCA. A bunch more rides were closed too- but I cant remember what. Bit think like 5-6 more at least. I remember all the closures made the park feel so crowded (like Jungle Cruise was 90 minutes at 10AM on a Tuesday) and it was wall to wall people. It wasn’t President's Day weekend. My daughters birthday is the 15th and it was about a week before that as we were squeezing a trip in before she turned three. So this would have been 2015. My husband said never again! If it’s gonna be so jam packed let’s at least do summer when everything is open. I’m not sure if it’s always that bad- but we swore off February!

We were also there in February 2015 when there were a million closures. But we're going to give it another try in 2023. I guess we'll see what happens!

Crowds post-covid seem to be bad every single month so who knows. We went in June this year and the heat was a lot for me....so hoping weather in February will be more tolerable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter