Feedback on CONNECTIONS meal certificates!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding these coupons, but if the breakfast ones are $17.50 and 12.50 for kids, and the cost for the breakfast at the Royal Table is 14.95 and 9.95, how could I be saving?

Pixie Dust Gal

You said you left a tip when you went to Beaches & Cream. Were you using the $10.50 coupon at this time for the quick & casual lunch/dinner? I thought tax and tip was already included?

Breakfast buffets you do get your money's worth because once you add tax and tip - you are over $17.50.

29.50 Certif are good for one app, one entree, one drink and one dessert.

You could split it between two people just like you would if you paid cash.

WDWO

coupon? Please tell us your experience becaue then this would be an awsome deal.

Would love to hear from more people on this subject.

laura

I too joined connections on Saturday 7/21/01, ordered: 2 -5 day hopper plus passes and 2-
2 day Universal Studios passes, and 6-10.50 food vouchers, on Sunday 7/22/01. Today, Tuesday
7/24/01 I received the hopper pluses and the US passes. Super fast service! I expect the food
vouchers any day now as well. I saved lots of money. As for the food vouchers, after a long
research project of looking at Menus of places that acceot them, I decided to only buy 6 of the 10.50
ones, knowing that some of the places I researched would be places that I'd normally spend more than
10.50 at. Many places in Disney you can eat for under 10.00, and its just my DH and I going to WDW.
I would not use the 29.50 ones, as my hubby and I don't usually spend that much on lunch. The
ones for breakfast don't seem worth it to me, I get full quickly in the early morning and would not
spend even 17.50 for a breakfast. So far connections seems legit and has good customer service

Hulabird

Sorry for the delay! We were away on another mini vacation.

Westcliffmom - I presented the coupon at Beaches when it was time to pay and not before.

We did not share a meal, but my kids did with the lunch cert. at LeCellier - there was no problem - they ordered right off the regular menu and split everything - appetizer, entree and desert (I did buy an extra beverage for one). These certificates are welcomed by servers in WDW because they are guaranteed a 20% tip on the total amount of the bill (so I was told).

Barbnbrian - Regards Beaches tipping with the $10.50 coupons - Being counter coupons, that only covers tax not tip. Tip in only included with the sit down restaurants - i.e. breakfast cert. and the $29.50 lunch cert.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Pixiedust gal, thanks for answering. I'm not trying to be thick about this, I'm just trying to see if this is a good deal for our family. So when you ordered more than what you had certs for, how did they do the bill? Do you just pay tax and tip on the overage? TIA

So what resturants will you get the best deals for these vouchers? I am interested in the 10.50 ones and the 17.50 ones for breakfast. I am being lazy by not reasearching this myself. But would like everyones opinion on which resturants are the best deals. ;)

Hi! We are not going to WDW until 1/1/02--Will the food vouchers still be good if I buy now?
Do they have an expiraton date?

Also, regarding Hopper Passes: do they have an expiration date?

Thanks!

Silly Simba

I found the two places that were exceptional values for the $10.50 lunch coupons were The Pepper Market @ Coronado Springs (we're staying there over labor day weekend) & Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club... There were many many others, but I felt it was likely a draw as to whether there were savings from using the coupons...

As for the expiration dates, we just got ours, and the expiration date on the coupons was 5/2002... The parkhoppers don't have an expiration date

Westcliff,

Yes, they will just charge you for the meal and tax for anyone that does not have a cert. in your party. Again, just do the homework carefully on where you will be dining. Some of the breakfasts are not worth purchasing a cert. for because it may be less than the cert. itself. In my opinion, I only found it a bargain at Beaches (and the Pepper Mkt.-though I did not go there but taking a look at the menu, that is another safe bet)for the counter service and probably a 'break-even' at most others. It is a great option for those wanting to pay for their meals ahead of time or for gift giving for friends and/or family who will be going to the WORLD.

Hope this helps!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter