Feel Good Thread

twindad2

Mouseketeer
There are some days with lots of negativity on the threads. So, let's turn that around like I know "disers" can. What is something good that has happened during your most recent trip to the parks?

We just returned a week ago today and we had a magical time. We had an awesome waitress at Le Cellier and she surpassed any service we could have imagined. She was so warm and welcoming and spent so much time at our table. Probably helped that my bil and sil and moving to Canada this week and we were discussing that with her. However, upon the completion of our meal I told her what an awesome job she did. Then, I asked to speak with the manager. You could tell when she arrived that she was expecting a complaint. However, I suprised her with how wonderful our meal was and told her that "Kate" deserved a raise for the wonderful job she did. She was so appreciative with the positive remarks about her staff.

We encountered many awesome cast members who just enjoyed you taking the time to talk with them on the streets and in the lines. Really made a difference in our trip. We purposely told ourselves that no one or nothing would steal our magic and it worked. All comes down to your decision to not let others take it away.

What are some good experiences you have had?

We returned a few weeks ago and had a great trip. So much that by the next monday we were home DH turns to me at lunch and says I am ready to go back to Disney, you know I have Thanksgiving week off already........:cool1:

We stayed at POR and had excellent bus service, never waited more than 10 minutes for one to take us to the parks and at closing time there were plenty of busses waiting to whisk us back to the hotel. We also rode to DTD one night and returned on the boat, which was a lovely ride. Nice and breezy, cool, and a fun way to get back. We loved POR and thier transportation options and will definately be returning there b/c of the excellent bus and boat service.

We had a really great experience overall on our May trip. Probably the best was our character greeting with Chip and Dale at MK. They were so fun and funny. Took lots of time playing with our two girls (10 month old and 3 yo). Our 3 yo still talks about when chip tickled her baby and made her laugh.

We also met some really nice people there- had some really nice convos with other families while waiting for the busses or riding on the busses.

wanted to add my co-worker went the week after me for the first time ever. Although they were only there for 3 park days (and didn't do much) they had a blast. She has often laughed at me for my Disney obession and rolls her eyes when I talk about going today (home one week) she turns to me and says "you know I wish we would have never went to Disney, because now I want to go back and I dont think anywhere else is ever going to measure up." :sad2:

I told her welcome to the club........ :banana:

What a great idea! :thumbsup2

I had replenished a Disney dollars gift card in DTD which didn't take. We didn't notice it until the next morning when I went to buy something at the gift shop at our resort and naturally I was pretty bummed when I found out that I had a mere $0.38 (cents!) left on the card. The assistant manager helped us out by allowing our bank to fax them verification that the money was taken out of the account. She offered to take the fax to DTD for me, while we went to the parks, to take care of everything. Five short hours later I had my gift card back with the correct credit on it. SHE WAS SO NICE!!! She didn't have to go down to get it straightened out for us, but graciously offered. She said "you paid enough to be here - let me do this for you." We were blown away!

Later that week we toured (and purchased) a DVC package and ironically enough it was her husband who drove us to the site in the DVC van! He started talking about where he was from (my DH's grandmother and he have the same hometown) and talked about his wife who was the assistant manager at our resort's gift shop. Well, we let him know how special and lucky they were! It really was a wonderful trip and a happy ending to a very stressful day! :wizard:

I was really bummed that I went an entire trip without meeting a character... this was back in December 2008. So, the last day of our vacation, we're all at Saratoga Springs getting ready to board the Magical Express and head back to the airport. I'm wandering around, taking in the last few moments of the trip, when all of a sudden Goofy appears and starts taking pictures with people! So of course I ran up to him and got a picture:goodvibes The perfect ending to a trip.

Exactly 3 weeks until I return!!!!!!!!

This happened on May 28, 2010.

My DD10 and I decided we were too hungry to wait until we got to DTD to eat dinner (that's where we were heading for the evening).

We went to the POFQ food court. We encountered a gentlemen who asked us if we were on a dining plan. (We weren't). So I said No, we weren't.

He asked if he could buy us dinner - he and his wife were leaving the next day and wanted to use up their last QS dining credit so they decided to give it to someone who had 2 people.
I was definitely surprised and and said we'd like that and thanked him.

If you are a disboards member, Thanks very much. It was a great start to the weekend trip.

I'm probably the person people don't like cause i'm always positive and in a good mood but we always have a great trip.:banana: we got back a couple of weeks ago and the last trips we've been on, we taken families that haven't been to disney or hasn't been in a long time. on each trip, the families had the best vacations and they always get us the coolest disney gifts. this last time a silver mickey wine stopper. i want everyone that goes to disney to have a magical time! :wizard:we had great cms everywhere, and we only had to wait in line for 20 mins on one ride, the others were less. i can't ever say enough about pop, it is our favorite. staying there now for over 10 stays, we love it! on every stay, we've had the best rooms and best bus experiences. we've good planning and learning tips from the dis, you can't go wrong!! :yay:

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board so I'm going to move it there now.

I don't have any particular story per se because something magical is always happening to one of us on our vacations to Disney, that is why we love to visit so many times. We love the way that Disney makes us feel throughout our stay from the service to the atmosphere to letting my family being able to reconnect with each other. There is no other place on earth that will do that for you. Also with that, we love to return some of that magic to other guests or CMs. Like the OP, my DH is notorious for telling managers how well a server was, his motto is you can't let good service be left unknown. He likes to play with our servers by asking them to see their manager and it never fails (the poor CMs) they get such a worried look on their faces until they realize what my DH and I tell the managers. Also, we love to go up to another family and give them any FPs that we are not going to be able to use, especially for the big named attractions....it really makes me feel great helping people out and I love to see the reactions of those that we are giving the FPs to.

I get tired of all of the negativity, too.

We were at WDW May 29-June 6. My DD10 is a hidden Mickey nut! On our first night at POR, she was walking around the food court looking for a couple of hidden Mickeys because one of the CMs told her there were a few in that food court area. She found two immediately but was having trouble with the 3rd when she though she saw it...things were a little slow so she went over to the CM (who was now in the pasta area). The CM came out and walked around with her showing her the remaining hidden Mickeys...my daughter's face was priceless and the CM was so wonderful. We told the manager about the CM and she told us she would definitely recognize her in their next meeting.

One last thing...on our last day at WDW, we had the pleasure of riding the bus to EPCOT with the greatest bus driver ever!!! His name was Dave and he told jokes and gave facts about WDW the entire way. The funniest part was when he would pull up to a bus stop, he would say "ok, let's see how far we can make these guys walk". As the new riders at the bus stop would come near the bus, he would stop and then nudge forward...the riders would walk a little more and he would nudge forward a little more..the riders would walk a little more and he would nudge forward a little more...:lmao::rotfl2: :rotfl: As the people got on the bus, everyone busts out laughing...only then did the riders getting on the bus realize what was going on.

While looking thru our photos, I thought of another great thing that happened on our last trip.

DD10 saw the Queen of Hearts. She wanted to have her picture taken so we got in line.

Now this was in the afternoon and DD10 had been ornery all morning, so when we got to the Queen of Hearts, I told her that DD10 was being naughty and the Queen of Hearts could have her head.

The Queen put her hands together and rubbed them, DD10 started giggling and ran behind DH with the Queen following.

It was a great moment. DD10 loved it and talked about it the rest of the day. (She also behaved. Hee, Hee.) :rotfl:

(I wanted to mention that DD10 thinks the Queen of Hearts is cool so the whole off with her head thing didn't bug her and I knew it wouldn't which is why I said it. I sure wouldn't do it with a child who would get scared!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter