"Fenton Street Bridge Over I-4" -- Eh?

MIChessGuy

(Almost) Too Old for Roller Coasters
Whenever I stay near 535 and Palm Parkway, which I'll be doing next month, I review the routing from there to the Publix at Vineland and I-Drive S. (Excellent sandwiches there, plus I get stuff for the room fridge.) This time I was shown a route that I did not realize even existed. Instead of the tedious trip southbound to the traffic nightmare at 535 and Vineland, it says to go north on Palm Parkway a little ways to Fenton Street. Turn right, and apparently Fenton Street bridges I-4 and goes straight to an access road for the Premium Outlets/Regency Village shopping area!

How long has this bridge been around? I have been visiting WDW for decades and always thought it was necessary to go south to where that Bahama Breeze is, then come up Vineland. If this other route is for real, it should be way better since it avoids the traffic on that overburdened stretch of Vineland. :moped:

Whenever I stay near 535 and Palm Parkway, which I'll be doing next month, I review the routing from there to the Publix at Vineland and I-Drive S. (Excellent sandwiches there, plus I get stuff for the room fridge.) This time I was shown a route that I did not realize even existed. Instead of the tedious trip southbound to the traffic nightmare at 535 and Vineland, it says to go north on Palm Parkway a little ways to Fenton Street. Turn right, and apparently Fenton Street bridges I-4 and goes straight to an access road for the Premium Outlets/Regency Village shopping area!

How long has this bridge been around? I have been visiting WDW for decades and always thought it was necessary to go south to where that Bahama Breeze is, then come up Vineland. If this other route is for real, it should be way better since it avoids the traffic on that overburdened stretch of Vineland. :moped:

The bridge is real. It has been open about a month-maybe 6 weeks. It was opened with no fanfare. Drove by one day and the barriers were up-the next day they were gone.

I don't know that it goes to an access road to the outlet. It does come out on International drive just a block from the Regency Village shopping center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter