Festival of Fantasy Dining Package

nikkispurrell

Earning My Ears
Is it worth it? We did the parade last year and went to the hub about 30min prior to (Friday after Easter) and easily watched front row.

I guess that's changed? I have the package booked but not sure how beneficial it is or how keen I am about giving up my CP reservation for Tony's.

Thoughts? TIA!

We were there last November and watched both the afternoon and MVMCP parades standing at the curb directly in front of the train station at the bottom of the steps. Got there about 20-30 minutes early both times. Front row. The hub (dinner package folks) was full for neither parade.

We were there last November and watched both the afternoon and MVMCP parades standing at the curb directly in front of the train station at the bottom of the steps. Got there about 20-30 minutes early both times. Front row.
The hub (dinner package folks) was full for neither parade.

I don't believe there is "Hub" Dinner Pkg. viewing of the parade.

Do you mean the "Town Square" viewing area?

MK-Town-Square-DiningPkg-Parade_040317_zpsffj6nf9k.jpg

Last edited:
We did it last month and absolutely thought it was worth it. We were some of the last to enter the dining package area at 5 minutes before parade time and we got front row spots with tons of room around us.

I have to say, it was the first time we ate at Tony's since around 2007 or so and it was not as bad as I was expecting. Stay away from the "marinara sauce" and you will be fine.

I would rather risk a crowded parade spot than give up a meal I know I like for an upcharged one that many report to be substandard. YMMV.

It was a good value I thought (we were on the the dining plan) as it came with appetizer, entree, dessert and the FP+. The meal wasn't 5* but it wasn't terrible by any means. The FP was nice as we walked up 5 minutes before the parade came.

We enjoyed it. Meal was a nice break and went right outside to the parade. Plus, after we sent the kids' autograph books back to be signed by Lady & the Tramp, our waiter gave us fastpasses for Tinkerbell! The kids loved the extra pixie dust! Food was better than I was expecting.

Do you get a paper FP+ for the parade? Also....is the viewing area the old FP+ viewing area by the flagpole?

Also....is the viewing area the old FP+ viewing area by the flagpole?

Yes, the area shown on the map in post #3 above.

Guests get a certificate for entry.

Last edited:
If you enjoy eating at Tony's anyway, then I guess it isn't a bad deal. Unless things have changed drastically since we were there last summer (which is possible, since there is no longer a nighttime parade at MK) it isn't all that hard to get a decent spot to watch Festival of Fantasy. We have always had luck getting a decent spot to see it in Frontierland around 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the parade.

We are thinking of doing this in June. How hot do you think the viewing area will be? It doesn't seem shady from the photo. Would we be better off looking for shade? We sunburn very easily.

We are thinking of doing this in June. How hot do you think the viewing area will be? It doesn't seem shady from the photo. Would we be better off looking for shade? We sunburn very easily.
Never stood in the Flag pole area but have stood in Frontierland several times for the parade. There is a reason the shady spots go early-it gets HOT in the sun waiting for/watching the parade. From my recollection there is no shade in the flag pole area.

That is the same area as the FP+ we used last year for the parade. Is there no longer a FP+ for the parade? We're booked for the package this summer so we didn't have to use a FP+. I really didn't want to use one this year but I love the parades. I'll have to check the menu. We haven't eaten there is YEARS. There is so much better food elsewhere but this isn't about the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter