Festival of the Arts

raddisneyfan

DIS Veteran
I guess this is the proper place to ask this?? Has anyone been to the Festival of the Arts at EPCOT? I've booked at POLY for the last week in January 2019 and just realized that Festival of the Arts will probably be happening. May need to change to an EPCOT resort. Anyone have any experiences at this event?

We visited during the Arts festival earlier this year. It’s nice. Lots of cute things to see and do. And it’s not horrifically busy like F&W can get. All in all, a lovely time to visit. But I’m not sure it would justify moving from Poly to Epcot resort. I’d just request a poly room near TTC so you can walk to the direct monorail?

I loved it last year. But honestly if your heart is set on the Poly, I'd stay there and if FOTA is announced for 2019 you could, as @ButterbearUK said, request a room with a closer walk to the TTC. OR if it's announced look at changing. UNLESS you will be happy changing to an Epcot-area resort regardless of if the Festival happens or not. If you're happy with an Epcot-area resort regardless and want to change, go ahead. But if you're going to be disappointed if you change and for some reason they don't have the festival, I'd stay put for now. (I don't know anything and I hope it will be happening as I could be there for part of it with one of my possible Feb break plans - but we don't know for sure that it will happen again.)

We enjoyed it very much this past January. I think I liked it a little better than the Flower and Garden. Suprisingly

The photo ops are fantastic at FOTA -- we really enjoyed taking all the special photos!

Poly is my favorite resort due to proximity to both epcot and MK monorails

My mom is insisting that we stay at the Poly for our January trip. Which I'm fine with since I love the Poly. I had also hoped to do Festival of the Arts for the first time this year -- the Broadway concert series excited me more than the various other concert series or the Candlelight Processional.

I currently have our Epcot day set for the first day of the festival - 1/18. Is that a crazy thing to do? Will it be super packed with bloggers, locals, etc?

Woohoo!! I’m so excited!!

This definitely makes BWI much more likely for my pre-cruise stay in Feb. It was already up there since my plan for that day is Epcot and Illuminations, but this just cements it.

I read about this today too and am very excited for it. I have no idea what it might entail so am looking forward to seeing what's going on. I love Epcot anyway so this is just an added bonus for our February trip.

My mom is insisting that we stay at the Poly for our January trip. Which I'm fine with since I love the Poly. I had also hoped to do Festival of the Arts for the first time this year -- the Broadway concert series excited me more than the various other concert series or the Candlelight Processional.

I currently have our Epcot day set for the first day of the festival - 1/18. Is that a crazy thing to do? Will it be super packed with bloggers, locals, etc?

I was planning that day for Epcot as well when I figured it would open a week earlier like last year. Fridays are generally not horribly packed days at Epcot but Saturday and Sunday is when there is a festival going on. I have other days later and am glad to hear the broadway concert series is not just on the weekends this year! It's also the friday before MLK so who knows but last year it was not a busy day at Epcot. I do not think Festival of the Arts is NEARLY as big a draw as F&W... F&G is bigger than FoA and is nowhere near F&W.

We did the festival last January. It was great. Low crowds. Cool weather. Good food. I want to go again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter