Final week of waiting... now the questions pop in my mind!

Canadian Harmony

DIS Veteran
Regarding MP mostly as this is something new to me.

We are arriving Friday afternoon. Our first day in the parks will be Saturday. We have one email ticket from DLR - can we exchange it for a proper ticket on Friday afternoon at the ticket booths or do we need to wait til Saturday morning (which we're hoping will be our MM)?

Does MP have to be purchased through credit card ONLY, or can we pay with cash or gift cards at the ticket booths?

From what I understand, the basic flow of MP is: I can put MP on all our tickets on my smartphone through the app. When we decide what ride we want (BTMRR!!), it will offer us the rides that are available to us. We then follow the prompts in the app and book our time.

At our time, we show up and can show either our hard copy ticket OR my smart phone to a machine... what does it look like?

I've read there's a second machine closer to the ride we show our ticket/phone to again? A CM is usually there?

Then, once our window is open (90 minutes for MP, 120 for paper FP), we can book another ride like we did the first time.

One more thing: I've been looking for prices on the Trader Sam's menu at allears for the fun drinks. Anyone have a ball-park idea how much I'm looking at for something with a souvenir glass?

Thanks for all your help!

You should be able to take your email ticket straight to the gate, they will turn it into a ticket for you. Maxpass machine is at the beginning of the fastpass queue. A CM will be standing there, you won’t miss the machine because they watch to make sure people are scanning in before going in line. Sometimes there’s a second machine closer to the front of the line, so it’s good to have your ticket or phone ready to scan again. Yes, once your window is open you can get another fastpass from your phone. We usually do that after we’ve scanned into our current ride. Have fun!

-Just take the email straight to the turnstile your first day it's like 5 seconds to get your proper ticket.
-Credit (idk debit, probably) only and it super annoys me. Save time by plugging in a credit card to your Disneyland online account before you arrive. (To my CC point loving peeps out there: MP purchases do not code as "travel" with Chase)

Regarding MP mostly as this is something new to me.

We are arriving Friday afternoon. Our first day in the parks will be Saturday. We have one email ticket from DLR - can we exchange it for a proper ticket on Friday afternoon at the ticket booths or do we need to wait til Saturday morning (which we're hoping will be our MM)?

Does MP have to be purchased through credit card ONLY, or can we pay with cash or gift cards at the ticket booths?

From what I understand, the basic flow of MP is: I can put MP on all our tickets on my smartphone through the app. When we decide what ride we want (BTMRR!!), it will offer us the rides that are available to us. We then follow the prompts in the app and book our time.

At our time, we show up and can show either our hard copy ticket OR my smart phone to a machine... what does it look like?

I've read there's a second machine closer to the ride we show our ticket/phone to again? A CM is usually there?

Then, once our window is open (90 minutes for MP, 120 for paper FP), we can book another ride like we did the first time.

One more thing: I've been looking for prices on the Trader Sam's menu at allears for the fun drinks. Anyone have a ball-park idea how much I'm looking at for something with a souvenir glass?

Thanks for all your help!
I don't know if you can exchange an email ticket in advance, but I don't see the purpose. The exchange to get your card stock ticket is very quick. It is taking your picture that takes time but you'll have to do that anyway. I can't answer about buying MP with cash or gift cards either.

On MP: The machines are easy to spot at the FP line entrance. There is usually one on each side of the FP line and there are CM's there. It is basically a pole with a scanner on top. There is a lighted circle to indicate if your ticket had a valid FP after you scan it in. Sometimes there is a second scan, but not always. There is a CM there and you can't miss it.

Your ride window will be shorter than 90 minutes (but not less than 30 minutes) if the ride you picked is available less than 90 minutes.

Those are great to know, thanks. Sometimes I need a different way of explanation, so I appreciate people answering these questions yet once again.

I've already linked my CC to the app, so there's no problem there (except for the exchange rate :crazy2:)

Those are great to know, thanks. Sometimes I need a different way of explanation, so I appreciate people answering these questions yet once again.

I've already linked my CC to the app, so there's no problem there (except for the exchange rate :crazy2:)

The app will prompt you to go through the purchase-MP steps. The only thing that threw me the first morning was that it wanted the 3-digit verification code from the back of my credit card ... which I was fumbling to pull out as we power-walked down Main Street. So make sure you have the card you hooked to your account with you and accessible, or have the 3-digit code memorized!

And as others have pointed out, exchanging the email ticket for a regular ticket at the booths is easy. And you can use the bar code reader on your phone to scan the email ticket into your account just like any other ticket, all before you arrive.

MaxPass is awesome and admittedly addictive once you have it ...

PHXscuba

The app will prompt you to go through the purchase-MP steps. The only thing that threw me the first morning was that it wanted the 3-digit verification code from the back of my credit card ... which I was fumbling to pull out as we power-walked down Main Street. So make sure you have the card you hooked to your account with you and accessible, or have the 3-digit code memorized!

I don't have my licence number memorized.... but my verification number on the back the credit card? YUP! :tongue:

I haven’t seen anyone mention this regarding MP, I would recommend bringing an external battery charger.A combination of booking MP and taking pictures around the park really drained my battery. If I didn’t bring mine, I’m pretty sure my phone would’ve died.

Don't forget your passports and a ziploc to keep them dry.
I thought we just needed them for the first day to prove residency? I mean, we can bring them the rest of the time if we have to, but it's scary doing that. *Note to self: pack Ziploc bags*

I haven’t seen anyone mention this regarding MP, I would recommend bringing an external battery charger.A combination of booking MP and taking pictures around the park really drained my battery. If I didn’t bring mine, I’m pretty sure my phone would’ve died.
Oh yes! I carry two at all times, even before MP was introduced. The third one I have gets charged, and all three rotate through the days. I'm also bringing my DLSR this trip and the kids are getting their own point & shoots to use.

Another question: Does the CVS down the street sell beer? Asking for hubby.

And... ballpark prices on the fancy drinks at Trader Sam's?

I thought we just needed them for the first day to prove residency? I mean, we can bring them the rest of the time if we have to, but it's scary doing that. *Note to self: pack Ziploc bags*

Oh yes! I carry two at all times, even before MP was introduced. The third one I have gets charged, and all three rotate through the days. I'm also bringing my DLSR this trip and the kids are getting their own point & shoots to use.

You will need your passports if you order alcohol anywhere.

Yes just the first day for the discounted tickets.

So my youngest is all about Screamin'. I'm a little chicken. I LOVE BTMRR, especially at night. Will I freak out over CS, or will I be able to handle it based on that info?

For some reason i always get asked for ID whenever i do not have it. So i try to carry with me at all times.

So my youngest is all about Screamin'. I'm a little chicken. I LOVE BTMRR, especially at night. Will I freak out over CS, or will I be able to handle it based on that info?
CS is not bad. It is over pretty quick. Just make sure you are sitting back in your sit with your head back for take off. I chickened out on TOT on our first trip and was really mad at myself when I got home. I rode it on our next trip and loved it. I can't wait for GOTG. I have tried every ride. Never again will I ride SM, ST or the Matterhorn....but I tried them all.

I bought dh a big one for Christmas. He can carry it in his new Deadpool backpack:)

I haven't been there in over a year, but I believe the standard fun drinks will be $12 - $15. If you want to keep the drink container, it's around $25. or $29. My daughter had one of the big drinks and we didn't buy the container because it was made of plastic and I think $29 for a plastic container that we probably won't ever use is too much.

There are several drinks that come with a glow cube. You get to keep the glow cube and I am pretty sure that cost is built into the normal drink price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter