Finally took the plunge - 185 points at AKL. Now what?

nderh2o

Mouseketeer
After 2+ years of research and going back and forth, the wife and I finally called our guide and said yes. She said she will send our packet out via fed ex and we will go from there. 185 points/April use year. Now what?

Are there any trinkets/perks included in the materials we will get now that we have atually committed to joining?

How long before I can make reservations?

Can you see resort availability on the members' website? Or do you have to call and do everything over the phone?

If I make a ressie for June 2008 will they take into account the points I have coming in April 2008 or only the points currently available from 2007?
:rotfl:

After 2+ years of research and going back and forth, the wife and I finally called our guide and said yes. She said she will send our packet out via fed ex and we will go from there. 185 points/April use year. Now what?

Are there any trinkets/perks included in the materials we will get now that we have atually committed to joining?

How long before I can make reservations?

Can you see resort availability on the members' website? Or do you have to call and do everything over the phone?

If I make a ressie for June 2008 will they take into account the points I have coming in April 2008 or only the points currently available from 2007?
:rotfl:

Good questions. Why didn't you ask your Guide?

You may get a canvass bag.

You can make reservations as soon as you pay the deposit and are in the system.

Availability is not available on the web. Phone only.

If not vacationing in 2007 UY, bank your points into 2008 UY. Use the banked points for your June 2008 trip. Depending upon your June vacation dates you will be in the Dream or Magic season. Your priority booking window may already be here. Talk to your GUIDE!

:welcome: HOME!

When you call to make a reservation, MS will only be able to use points that are in the same UY as your dates of stay. With an Apr UY, your June '08 trip falls within your 2008 UY (Apr 1, 2008 - Mar 31, 2009). If you want to use your Apr '07 points for that stay, you must bank them into your '08 UY prior to making the June '08 reservation. Your 100% banking deadline is Sep 30th, so if you want to bank all of your 2007 points, you must do so by that date.

Welcome Home, AKV neighbor!:banana:

It is a very nice canvas bag, enjoy it and many years of happy DVC membership!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter