(Finished 2/12/11)DCL is Not Just for Kids: 11/11/10 3 Day Wonder

DisneyJenn23

Mouseketeer
We are leaving Thursday for our weekend away!

There are two of us going on the cruise. Sara (my best friend) and I (Jenn) are teachers in Kissimmee, Florida and love to cruise Disney as a little getaway from the stress of teaching. That may just be the excuse we use to take another Disney Cruise! This will be my 7th Disney Cruise and Sara will be on her 4th. We really enjoy an adult only cruise. All seven of my cruises have been adults only and my last three have been with Sara. We invite her husband, but he went with us a few years back and is waiting for us to do a seven day to join us again. Many people ask us why Disney? Since we are teachers trying to have a weekend without kids, you would think Disney would not be our obvious choice, but after my first cruise on DCL, there is no other choice. As most of you know, Disney knows how to do it right! We always have exceptional service, and feel like they do a great job at separating kids from adults!

We are really looking forward to our three night getaway and I am looking forward to taking a stab at this trip report thing from an adult only perspective!

Here are a few photos from past cruises:

2262.jpg

2253.jpg

2250.jpg

2283.jpg

2244.jpg

Can't wait to read, I have been trying to convince my best friend to take a Disney cruise with me (a girl's getaway) and she is afraid of the kids. Hopefully your TR will be just the thing to convince her!!

:yay:Yay! Just a couple of days until we leave for our quick weekend getaway! I am Sara, DisneyJenn's best friend.
It is true! Two adult women (elementary teachers) will only travel Disney Cruise Line for several reasons. First and foremost, we have an awesome time and are always treated so well on the cruise. Our stateroom attendants, servers, bartenders and all characters are amazing. Secondly, we can have an adult only experience. You will find us at the adult pool every day! Lastly, it is a bargain. Seriously. The food is amazing, the rooms are spacious, the service is top notch. It is worth the price.

I am sure to have a WONDERful cruise! :yay:

It is 9:55pm the night before our cruise, and I am almost finished packing. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I always feel like I am forgetting something.

There are a few things each cruise that I can't live without. We always bring a small fan. I like to have noise when I sleep, and I am always hot getting ready, so this is great. This time we are also bringing an alarm clock. I hate not being able to see the time, and that little Disney clock just does not cut it! This is our first time in an inside cabin, and I remember on my very first cruise on another line we did not have a window to the outside world and I never knew what time of day it was. Some other items I think are great to bring are Lysol, a power strip, and my own blow dryer.

Here is the start of my packing mess. I always lay everything on the bed first and then put it in the bag.
2355.jpg

I finally got most of it in my bag. I just have a few more things to add.
2356.jpg

Here is the rolling soft side cooler we pack with our adult beverages! It is so great that Disney lets you bring on as much alcohol as you would like. We still spend money at the bars (how can you pass up a frozen cocktail?), but it is nice to be able to enjoy a drink in your room while you are getting ready!
2353.jpg

All packed and ready!!! Champagne and wine! Bringing glasses for soda and water are always great too. It is nice to not have to run back and forth to the soda machine. I wish they would add another machine by the adult pool!
2354.jpg

Ohhhh you're smart! Note to self: bring a water bottle of my own to fill up with pop.

Have fun!!!!!! :cool1:

Subbing in popcorn::!

Great ideas! I love the ideas for the alarm clock, plastic bottles for sodas and power strip....I'm getting my own packing list started now, thanks!!!

We have been back almost a week! I am hoping I will be able to begin the real trip report during my week off!! I took over 200 pictures so I will have a lot of work on my hands!!

We have been back almost a week! I am hoping I will be able to begin the real trip report during my week off!! I took over 200 pictures so I will have a lot of work on my hands!!

Looking forward to reading all about it, and seeing all of your pictures!

Can't wait to read more of your report - I am going on my first DCL cruise in January with my sister. I was a little worried about the cruise being too kids or couples focused.

The time has finally come. It was Thursday morning and time to head out on our weekend get-a-way on the Disney Wonder. I left my house around 8:30 to drive over to Sara’s house. Her husband was going to drive us to the port and we wanted to leave around 9:00 so we could be there at 10:00 and try and get a good boarding number! In the past we had arrived around 11:30 and had to wait a while after boarding began to get on the ship. So this time we decided if we were going to wait it might as well be earlier. We just think the earlier on the ship the better!!

We left around 9:15 and arrived at the port at about 10:05. It is so nice to live so close!
Here are some pictures of our arrival:

I love when you pull up and see the ship for the first time!
2357.jpg

Ready to go through security.
2358.jpg

It took us only about 15 minutes to get through the line and all checked in. I always get worried bringing on all the booze because there is a sign that says no alcohol. But we have done it every cruise. This time the security guared asked what room we were in. I told her and she laughed and asked what time the party started! It is just so nice that Disney lets you bring on all the alcohol. We enjoy having drinks in our room while we get ready and this makes it super easy. (On another note, they changed out the fridge in the room and it is an actual fridge and not just a cold box. It kept our wine nice and chilled!)

We ended up with boarding card 3! I decided to take a few pictures before we got on!
2362.jpg

2359.jpg

2361.jpg

2360.jpg

I think around 12:45 we were on the ship and heading to lunch. They have a new walkway to the ship. It was really nice!

2363.jpg

We boarded the ship and the cast member announced us and to my surprise we saw this...

2374.jpg

Up next... Lunch and our first day on the ship!

Your friend Sara is such a cutie - she reminds me of my sister's friend, who is also a teacher, in CA. :) Looks like you girls are ready to get the party started! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter