First DVC stay - what to take

Hi,

I would recommend stopping off at Wal Mart enroute from the airport either Orlando International or Sanford. I give address below.

Wal-Mart Supercenter
8101 South John Young Parkway
Orlando, FL 32819

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/

In particular I would buy washing powder; small bottles of water - I put some of these in the ice box so that they slow defrost as you go around the parks. Fruit juice is also a good stand buy. Snacks, highly recommend Lays crisps. Prices are very good compared with local shop prices in and around Disney. Kitchen roll is usually provided in the accomodation as are toilet rolls and tissues - which is great. I usually buy some fruit and sometimes cereals for family members who can't wait while I make myself beautiful in the mornings.

Have a fantastic holiday.

Pixie Dust :banana:

definately agree with Pootle tea bags a must. their tea is horrible as is their water. My sons consultant told us not to even take their ice when buying drinks.

I took our own wahing powder , I don't usually but DS skin is bad just now. took 3 boxes of the tablets with the gel and they lasted fine for the 14 days. I also took a jar of coffee. I wouldn't bother with the dishawashing deterent unless you are thinking of cooking. we didn't cook apart from breakfast and the box they left was more than enough and if you get the full mousekeeping they renew everything.

Johnny don't know if your son likes pancakes ours love them on holiday and the shop onsite sold the frozen carton of the Pancake mix think it was $3 but you just poured it into the pan. easy peezy .

I bought a kettle :rotfl: can't do with this boiling the water in a pot and mousekeeping didn't have a clue what I as on about. maybe my scottish accent :rotfl: so bought one in Wal-mart for $5. was going to bring it home :guilty: then thought don't be stupid can buy one next year ;)

If you are renting a car or using a car service, why not stop at PUBLIX. It's a very inexpensive food store that carries everything. You can pick up breakfast supplies, meats, deli delights, sodas, water, Krispy Kreme donuts, everything you need. Then, when you check in you have all your groceries. If your room is not ready, then you can ask Bell Services to hold your items in their refrigerated storage area.

It's a good thing.

We like to cook about 50% of our evening meals.

Therefore we always take good quality knives for preparing food. The ones supplied in the room are cheap and invariably blunt.

We take a tin opener. The ones in the room never work well.

We take our favourite corkscrew.

We take our favoirite ground coffee. We like ours strong and dark and find it easier to take one we know with us, rather than wasting time trying to find an equvalent in USA and then having to experiment to get the brew just right.

We take Marmite. (they sell it in USA supermarkets, but only in tiny, tiny jars).

We take one jar of Patak's curry paste. They don't know what a good curry is in the USA. (You can make a reasonable curry with a jar of Pataks plus a turkey leg from epcot)

Andrew

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter