First Ever DISUnplugged Podcast Cruise Take Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely believed your answer Tracy, but I'm not sure I asked you that exact question about the rental agency shuttles and their time schedules?? As long as I had the rep on the phone I asked her point blank.

I want to make this perfectly clear, I'm Very Blonde and sometimes I need to be told more than once. :guilty:

Just giving you a hard time. I have no clue what their time schedules are, I just know that outside of the terminal there are designated drop off/pick up locations for each agency. I stand there and they come. It works :)

If you rent a car and drive to the Cape Canaveral, the rental shops have transport shuttles to the dock. Do they also have shuttles waiting for after we disembark?

Oh good question! I was actually wondering the same thing...

Seems like a lot of people (including me ;) ) are trying to work out how to get from WDW to port in an affordable manner...:confused3

I know what the options are but is there any chance the DU owners (ahem :goodvibes ) might consider having someone coordinate a bus service from Dolphin to Port return? :thumbsup2

I'm not talking subsidized transportation but if given your contacts/network, a group bus could be booked for say $40 return/person, it would sure help out. The Disney charge of $70 is pretty steep, esp in this economy. :scared:

The bus option would also be a lot greener than everyone driving down themselves; would cut down on traffic congestion, pollution, driving up rental car rates, etc. :crowded:

Obviously some would prefer to arrange their own transport but with 300+ cruisers, there's prolly a fair number that would really appreciate this option, especially since a fair number of us are 1st time/1st DCL cruisers. Those not staying at WDW but not the Dolphin could just cab to the Dolphin that morning.

Just thought I'd put it out there...if any of the Podcast Team is in chat this wk, I might ring this bell again since they'd be insane to try to follow the podcast cruise threads :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

Seems like a lot of people (including me ;) ) are trying to work out how to get from WDW to port in an affordable manner...:confused3

I know what the options are but is there any chance the DU owners (ahem :goodvibes ) might consider having someone coordinate a bus service from Dolphin to Port return? :thumbsup2

I'm not talking subsidized transportation but if given your contacts/network, a group bus could be booked for say $40 return/person, it would sure help out. The Disney charge of $70 is pretty steep, esp in this economy. :scared:

The bus option would also be a lot greener than everyone driving down themselves; would cut down on traffic congestion, pollution, driving up rental car rates, etc. :crowded:

Obviously some would prefer to arrange their own transport but with 300+ cruisers, there's prolly a fair number that would really appreciate this option, especially since a fair number of us are 1st time/1st DCL cruisers. Those not staying at WDW but not the Dolphin could just cab to the Dolphin that morning.

Just thought I'd put it out there...if any of the Podcast Team is in chat this wk, I might ring this bell again since they'd be insane to try to follow the podcast cruise threads :rotfl:

cheers,

Woot! Woot! Good Idea. Nicely worded and supported!

I think transfers would be a great idea...except won't most of the people staying at the Dolphin need to rent a car anyway to get from the airport to the hotel? If so, does the Dolphin charge for parking as part of the "resort fee", if not and it's a separate charge...why not just pay for parking at the cruise terminal instead? What am I missing here?

I think transfers would be a great idea...except won't most of the people staying at the Dolphin need to rent a car anyway to get from the airport to the hotel? If so, does the Dolphin charge for parking as part of the "resort fee", if not and it's a separate charge...why not just pay for parking at the cruise terminal instead? What am I missing here?

Parking is a separate charge at the hotel and port. I'm renting a car, but I'm not parking it at the port. I'm not paying for $15 per day parking plus the car rental for 4 days that I'm not using it.

Parking is a separate charge at the hotel and port. I'm renting a car, but I'm not parking it at the port. I'm not paying for $15 per day parking plus the car rental for 4 days that I'm not using it.

I'm still debating whether or not to do 1-way rentals...it's going to be such a quick trip for us that I don't want to waste any extra time at car rental counters than I have to...besides, sometimes you can catch some pretty good deals on a weekly rental.

I'm still debating whether or not to do 1-way rentals...it's going to be such a quick trip for us that I don't want to waste any extra time at car rental counters than I have to...besides, sometimes you can catch some pretty good deals on a weekly rental.

We are doing a 1 day rental picking up at MCO on Sat, dropping off on Sunday for $40. We'll then pick up a car on Thurs and drop it at MCO on Sunday. For us I think that would be the easiest, least expensive route. :goodvibes

We are doing a 1 day rental picking up at MCO on Sat, dropping off on Sunday for $40. We'll then pick up a car on Thurs and drop it at MCO on Sunday. For us I think that would be the easiest, least expensive route. :goodvibes
We'll probably be doing the same thing...I just haven't booked it yet! :)

Although not necessarily the most environmental of options, I am probably going to choose this as well. It will also allow for us to make any necessary :drinking1 stops.

Although not necessarily the most environmental of options, I am probably going to choose this as well. It will also allow for us to make any necessary :drinking1 stops.
My thoughts exactly...:thumbsup2

Look!

Teaser Shot!:laughing:

IMG_2304.jpg

Woot! Woot! Good Idea. Nicely worded and supported!

thx a mint for the feedback :goodvibes

I understand it's more work to be green...if I end up having to rent a car, I'm hoping to carpool with someone at least as there's only 2 of us. :upsidedow

cheers,

that's great the t-shirts will arrive in time for all those MF/TSM goers! :thumbsup2 I'm happy for y'all! :goodvibes

okay, i'm gonna get flamed but i can take it...after waiting so long for the release of the t-shirts, I was disappointed with the design - seems like the same logo twice and I anticipated some sort of memorial to Bawb on it, like a small design on the sleeve or something. I thought the overall design of the t-shirt would be more interesting. When I saw them, I didn't feel - I GOTTA have it! Don't worry, I know it's a fundraiser for Bawb so I'll pick up 1 (or 2) before the cruise regardless...just sayin' :upsidedow

popcorn::

cheers,

yeah.... you think being the the parks stopped this crowd from posting? I am still thinking I'll take my laptop to TSM meet and live blog, no pics, no video, no voice...but maybe a vivid description

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Sorry Tracy -- I know I'm being naughty...but I just wanted to pop in and let Beth know she will be missed! :sad1:

i was really looking forward to meeting you..:sad1:

but i guess my son's wedding trumps the podcast cruise ...

I'm leaving for the airport in an hour. I'll try to check in here to see if there are any real cruise questions but if you don't hear back from me in a while, feel free to email me your question. I doubt I'll keep up with that other thread :rolleyes1

Bye everyone! See some of you on the 13th!

I'm leaving for the airport in an hour. I'll try to check in here to see if there are any real cruise questions but if you don't hear back from me in a while, feel free to email me your question. I doubt I'll keep up with that other thread :rolleyes1

Bye everyone! See some of you on the 13th!

I guess its okay for me to jump ship now :)

Let the record show I followed directions for once!

Have fun Tracy, take lots of photos so us homebodies can see that action.

Tracy's going to kill me for posting this already... :eek:

but since i'm no longer on that very LONG list just above my post, i wanted to get my name on the first page somehow...

i unfortunately, will not be joining you all on your wonderful podcast cruise..

i've had to change my cruise to the following week....

oh well.....hopefully, i'll have a chance to meet up with at least some of you at WDW the weekend following the podcast cruise (which for me will be the weekend before my cruise)....

and i hope you all post lots and lots and lots and lots of live trip report pictures during the cruise, so that I (and other unfortunates like me) will be able to vicariously cruise along with you ...:goodvibes

Darn kids, but I'm sure you will have fun anyway! No doubt there are podcasters on every cruise that sails anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter