"First rule of leadership, Princess...." ~Overdosing on Ice Cream

Some great updates whilst I was away... Boma was pretty yummy IMO... we tried it while we were there... I forgot to get a zebra dome lol ohhh well... DS gave them 2 thumbs up... he ate like 3 or em lol

"He is quite a catch isn't he." - The Little Mermaid

Sunday March 16, 2008
Since we were now only one week away from Easter, the Magic Kingdom was having EMH mornings all week, there was no avoiding them. So we got up while it was still dark out once again. Today was David's actual birthday and he wore the specially designed shirt I had made for him.

IMG_6966.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

Everyone but Aunt Pat also had a Dis Board design on our t-shirts. They were black Mickey ears with our names and favorite character. Mine had Megara, Daisy had Cinderella, Joey had Dumbo, and Adam had Rafiki.

Pop tarts were our take the edge of snack food for the morning.

IMG_6964.jpg

IMG_6965.jpg

We were out at the bus stop at 6:15am.

IMG_6968.jpg

Well everyone but David, he caused me much stress by not showing up until the bus was pulling up. However it was his birthday so I didn't yell at him.

IMG_6971.jpg

IMG_6972.jpg

We waited at the right tunnel until the train pulled in and the opening show started and then the CM le us into the park. We walked quickly to the bridge and yet another rope at the entrance to Tomorrowland. We waited a short while, the CM there had a few people throw Mickey confetti and the rope was dropped.

I sent the rest of my family to Indy Speedway, one of the kids very favorite rides, and I went to grap Fast Passes for Space Mountain. I quickly secured the Fast Passes and then moved on to my next mission, securing some of Disney's version of coffee. The best thing I can say about the Nescafe coffee is that it is hot and at least looks like coffee. It was still very dark out and Tomorrowland was empty.

IMG_6976.jpg

I met David and Aunt Pat in the spectator area for Indy. The kids were the only ones on the ride, and they took 4 trips around the track.

IMG_6977.jpg

IMG_6980.jpg

We then moved on to Space Mountain which was a walk on. We rode the right side first and then the second time we rode the left side and all agreed we enjoyed the left side more.

IMG_6984.jpg

Adam and Daisy rode Space Mountain one more time then we decided to head over to Frontierland. We walked across the park, the sun was finally coming up while we rode Big Thunder Mountain twice.

IMG_6988.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg

IMG_6990.jpg

IMG_6993.jpg

By this time it was just after 8am and everyone was hungry. We walked through Adventureland keeping our eyes open for some place to get some sort of breakfast. Adventureland was empty, we veered off and rode POTC, we were in a boat all by ourselves. Continuing through Adventureland we found one counter service place open, behind the flying carpets.

IMG_6995.jpg

The kids went on the flying carpets and then we all had vanilla and orange swirl ice cream for our breakfast.

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_6996.jpg

IMG_6997.jpg

While everyone else finished up their ice cream I ran over and grabbed another set of Fast Passes for Big Thunder Mountain. I noticed that Tom Sawyer's Island was opening up. I wanted the kids to look for paint brushes so I called David to tell him to meet me at the rafts. He said the kids had just gotten on the flying carpets so they would be over after that.

I stood and watched as the first raft headed over to the island, carrying one family that I had overheard talking about looking for paint brushes. I tried to push down the panicky feeling I was letting my family down because I hadn't gotten them on the first raft over to the island.

wow... looks like 1 empty park! Great update... i can't believe how early you all get up each day... brave souls!

Your kids are all so cute! I don't know how you did it - getting them up such early mornings. I couldn't get our girls to budge until noon!

I now completely envy you for being able to keep your TR up so consistently. It really takes alot to organize notes and pictures, decide which pics to use, resize, type up the chapter, format and post. Whew!

Great update!

Woo hoo- Shout-out to DH for wearing his custom shirt!

My goodness, you're going to be into another TR soon!

Can you believe this unseasonably warm fall? At least, down here in PDX it is HOT! How bout WA state?

Wow that's an early morning!! But so worth it when you practically have the park to yourself!! Love the photos on Thunder Mountain w/ the sun coming up. Ice cream -- breakfast of champions!! :thumbsup2 Hope the paint brush quest turned out ok. popcorn::

I think ice cream for breakfast sounds really good this morning!

Oooooh, the suspense of the paint brushes! What time did the park actually open for EMH?

I can't believe how empty the park was. You were able to do so much in such a short period of time. I'm so impressed that you were able to get your family up and moving at such an early hour. I know my family would have done nothing but complain if I tried to make them get up that early. I'm going to have to try it when we go next Dec. It may be easier because it'll be cooler and it's just us girls. Your pictures are wonderful as usual. Now please bring on Tom Sawyer's Island. The suspense is killing me.
Natalie

Sounds like getting up at the butt crack of dawn was a good thing!

what is it about Indy speedway that kids love so much? Evan still thinks it's great and he's learning how to drive a real car.

Ice cream......breakfast of champions!:thumbsup2

Great update!! That is so amazing that the parks were that empty for you :thumbsup2 I really hope I can manage to get my family to rope drop at least a few times - with an introverted spirited dh and an extroverted spirited 9yo ds, I'm probably just fooling myself that we can get organized that early :lmao:

Ice cream for breaky sounds great :goodvibes LOVE the shirts :cheer2: I was hoping we could avoid Indy Speedway (great long lineups for a pretty tame ride), but I'll bet my boys will want to ride it anyway LOL

Looking forward to the next update popcorn::

WOW! You are NOT kidding o'dark thirty!:scared1: I thought I did a good job getting my crew up early but you TAKE the cake!:rotfl: My DH would have thrown something at me if I woke him up that early on his birthday!:rotfl2: :goodvibes LOVE the shirts!:thumbsup2

Ok, that ice cream shot just looks HUGE!!!

I don't get the big appeal of the Indy Speedway, myself. Once was enough for me!

Very curious about how Tom Sawyer's Island went...

I am in awe of the whole football every night thing. Not sure how I'll manage if the kids end up in that intense of an activity!

wow... looks like 1 empty park! Great update... i can't believe how early you all get up each day... brave souls!

I'm an early bird, if I don't get up and moving in the morning I don't get anything accomplished. Plus we had gone to bed fairly early the night before.

Your kids are all so cute! I don't know how you did it - getting them up such early mornings. I couldn't get our girls to budge until noon!!

What can I say, I'm bossy! ;)

I now completely envy you for being able to keep your TR up so consistently. It really takes alot to organize notes and pictures, decide which pics to use, resize, type up the chapter, format and post. Whew!

That's why it's taken me almost 6 months now to complete my trip report.

Can you believe this unseasonably warm fall? At least, down here in PDX it is HOT! How bout WA state?

The last two weeks we have had fabulous weather!

WOW how quiet MK was that morning, love the tshirts, did you get many comments from CM's on them

No comments at all actually. I found that the closer we got to Easter, the less magical the CMs got. They weren't crabby or anything, just the little extras weren't there.

The t-shirts look great!

Hurray for orange ice cream for breakfast! :yay:

The ice cream was good, but honestly I think we all would have prefered some "real" food if we could have found it at that point.

Wow that's an early morning!! But so worth it when you practically have the park to yourself!! Love the photos on Thunder Mountain w/ the sun coming up. Ice cream -- breakfast of champions!! :thumbsup2 Hope the paint brush quest turned out ok. popcorn::

I like those pictures from Big Thunder Mountain too.

I think ice cream for breakfast sounds really good this morning!

Oooooh, the suspense of the paint brushes! What time did the park actually open for EMH?

The park opened at 7am that morning.

I can't believe how empty the park was. You were able to do so much in such a short period of time. I'm so impressed that you were able to get your family up and moving at such an early hour. I know my family would have done nothing but complain if I tried to make them get up that early. I'm going to have to try it when we go next Dec. It may be easier because it'll be cooler and it's just us girls. Your pictures are wonderful as usual. Now please bring on Tom Sawyer's Island. The suspense is killing me.
Natalie

Tom Sawyer Island coming up in the morning if I get up early enough to type it up, otherwise after school.

Sounds like getting up at the butt crack of dawn was a good thing!

what is it about Indy speedway that kids love so much? Evan still thinks it's great and he's learning how to drive a real car.

Ice cream......breakfast of champions!:thumbsup2

I don't get the Indy Speedway thing at all, but my kids love it.

Ice cream for breaky sounds great :goodvibes LOVE the shirts :cheer2: I was hoping we could avoid Indy Speedway (great long lineups for a pretty tame ride), but I'll bet my boys will want to ride it anyway LOL

Hit Indy first thing in the morning or late at night. We had great luck with zero lines at those times!

WOW! You are NOT kidding o'dark thirty!:scared1: I thought I did a good job getting my crew up early but you TAKE the cake!:rotfl: My DH would have thrown something at me if I woke him up that early on his birthday!:rotfl2: :goodvibes LOVE the shirts!:thumbsup2

Like I said, I'm bossy, even on his birthday!

I am in awe of the whole football every night thing. Not sure how I'll manage if the kids end up in that intense of an activity!

I'm just glad they are all practicing and have games at the same place! If I had one in football, one in soccer, and one in volleyball I would go crazy! :dance3:

I'm just glad they are all practicing and have games at the same place! If I had one in football, one in soccer, and one in volleyball I would go crazy! :dance3:

Good point. With my luck, I'll end up with ds in football 3x a week and dd in dance 3x a week...

Great update! I hope I'm able to get my clan out the door that early, you get to do and see so much more! I hope the paintbrush thing worked out. If I were there I would tell you, "You're not responsible for every little thing working out perfectly on this trip, and if the paintbrushes aren't there, it will be fine." However, if it were me, I'd be feeling exactly the same way. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter