First Solo Trip after years of traveling with family

disneyfanatic.60

Earning My Ears
I just booked my first solo trip and I am so excited! I have done two family vacations to WDW just in the past 9 months. I have always wanted to do a solo trip after reading all the reviews from people saying it was the best trip ever. I am going the week before Thanksgiving for 3 nights. I will definitely be doing MVMCP, which is the reason for the trip. So hit me with your best tips, advice, etc. Thank you in advance and my counter is now at 84 days! Woohoooo!

I just booked my first solo trip and I am so excited! I have done two family vacations to WDW just in the past 9 months. I have always wanted to do a solo trip after reading all the reviews from people saying it was the best trip ever. I am going the week before Thanksgiving for 3 nights. I will definitely be doing MVMCP, which is the reason for the trip. So hit me with your best tips, advice, etc. Thank you in advance and my counter is now at 84 days! Woohoooo!
I have done a lot of solo trips. I think the key is knowing what you want to do as far as dining and attractions while still allowing some time to be spontaneous. If there was anything you didn’t get to do as part of the family vacations that you really wanted to, now is your chance. Was there anything you had to do on the family trips that you really didn’t enjoy very much? Just walk on by. You choose whether to be an early bird, a night owl, or both. Don’t do things because you think you should. Do them because you really want to.

Personally, I don’t do much in the way of table service dining on my short solo trips because I like to keep my schedule loose. I eat CS or get a snack when I am actually hungry. I have never felt uncomfortable dining solo at a TS restaurant, but it can take an hour or two out of your day that you could be doing other things. On a short trip such as yours, that could make a big difference in what you can accomplish.

Have fun!

I like to throw in some table service - but otherwise prefer to stay as unplanned as possible. I don't use any of the Genie or Lightning stuff, leave some nights without ressies so I can just eat around casually, usually start later mornings to early afternoon so I can sleep in, and spend a lot of time enjoying other resorts, late night bar spots or music, etc.

I'll be solo on Sep 15th for 5 nights, and I've booked 3 table-service nights - I grabbed Prime Time Cafe the first day I arrive because I haven' eaten there in over 14 years and just thought it'd be fun - I grabbed Hacienda de San Angel one of my Epcot nights because I love the margaritas and queso fundido, and Rix bar on my AK day as I'll drive over to Gran Destino, bus to AK, bus back to Coronado for dinner, then drive back to Boardwalk. The other two nights I've left open - one will be just sampling various booths for Food & Wine, and the other will likely just be grabbing something on my way back to my resort - either at Boardwalk or one of the surrounding hotels.

Main thing is to relax, enjoy, knowing the only things you HAVE to do are the things you WANT to do - nobody else's schedule or concerns to worry about...you can spend a ray running around to ride everything, or the complete opposite and spend the day wandering, people watching, enjoying some cocktails, and taking the 'free' rides (boat transportation to any resort).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter