First Solo Trip

Bojo

<font color=deeppink>Not a fan of the Pepto-Bismol
Let me know what you all think of my plan to date. OK, here we go ... Fly into MCO; one day car rental (drop off @WDW); 3 nights Pop Century (BBY code); 7 nights OKW studio; one day car (drop off @ MCO).

Any "must do's" for solo?

I think you'll love the studio for a solo trip. I took 5 solo trips before I got to stay in a studio-what a feeling! It was like my own little apartment. One really fun way to start your solo trip is to get out to the bus stop the first day, and just get on the first bus that comes along. It's such a great way to remind yourself that no one else tells you what to do, where to go when you're solo (OK, this isn't a "must do", just fun). Also, sometime when you see a parent laden down with kids, kids stuff, etc., help them for a few minutes (carry something, offer your seat if you're on the bus, talk to one of the kids if they seem particularly "antsy"), then when you leave, thank your lucky stars that your whole trip isn't laden down like that! Not "must dos", just ideas!

If you haven't been to WDW in a while, I think a must-do is seeing Wishes, the new fireworks show in the MK. It is spectacular.

Thanks Simba's Mom & Karen. Those are some great suggestions. I am so excited to be there on my own and not have to worry about what anybody else wants to do. Do I sound selfish?? I will make it up to DW by taking her to WDW over Christmas; then she will get to make all the decisions!

Any other suggestions for my trip?

Hey, I'd like to know how 10 nights/11 days goes for you.

I did a 7 night/8 day solo trip last year, and it just wasn't long enough (day 1 and 8 were travel days). I was absolutely exhausted at the end (because I ran from beginning to end trying to fit everything in). I'd like to do a longer trip next time, but I'm afraid that 15 or 16 nights might be too long. But boy, if I could have cut my day's itineraries in half last time, I'm sure I would have had more fun. I'd love to be able to spend 1/2 days in the park and 1/2 days at the pool or resort hopping, but I end up spending every minute in the parks trying to see and do everything. And night time activities take a back seat because mornings (EE) come so early! Aaahh, to be able to spend a late night at the Adventurers Club and then sleep in. What a treat that would be!

Keep us posted on how your trip goes! Thanks!

You might want to consider taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK if you've never done that before. I spent a couple days solo over Christmas, and did the tour on one of the mornings. It is a GREAT tour, and I really enjoyed mixing with the others on the tour (there were 2 other solos in our group).

My upcoming 10-day vacation will include 3 days with others and 7 days solo. This will be my longest solo stretch at WDW. I'm really looking forward to it. I've had a great time already, thinking through all the possibilities. :D

Have a great time! :jester:

I did a 10 day solo tour last November and it was great. Leave a whole day to just go shopping. I had to switch plans due to rain one day and ended up having a half a day at a waterpark. Now I know that I will leave a full day at a waterpark next time. Simply put, i ran out of time. I didn't really get to resort hop like I wanted but I did what my heart desired (rode my favorite rides over and over until I was blue in the face).

My next trip, my mom is coming along. We have been there several times before and I know what the usual routine is but it won't be as nice as that solo vacation I was on. That was truly a treat and one I pray that I can continue to take in the future.

Have fun, leave time to relax and enjoy everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter