• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time at Disneyland Hotel.....please help!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
We are planning a week's stay at the Disneyland hotel............but having never stayed there I don't know where to start! We can't decide whether or not to stay on the conceirge level........is it comparable to WDW conceirge? Will they book your restaurant reservations etc? What food and drink is provided? Are they better rooms in a better location?!! ANy other perks!?!

I've heard talk of different towers........do some have better views than others? Help!!!!

So used to staying at WDW that I feel a bit lost!!!

Debsxx

We used to get rooms on the concierge level through a friend. I've never stayed at concierge at WDW so I can't comment on that. They serve cereal, muffins, toast, fruit, etc. for breakfast. They have cookies, goldfish, etc. in the afternoon for snack. They had a cheese and wine reception at night. We always enjoyed it. The rooms are on the top two floors of the hotel. They used to turn off the lights and play the music for the fireworks. We haven't been in a few years so I'm not sure if this is all the same. They also used to make dinner reservations. I say if you can afford it, go for it. Have fun!

Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know what the views of the rooms from conceirge level are of? Any overlooking the parks?!!

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the rooms?!
Debsxx

Debs Hill said:
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone know what the views of the rooms from conceirge level are of? Any overlooking the parks?!!

Also, does anyone have any pictures of the rooms?!
Debsxx

Can't help you with conceirge level rooms (to cheapt to stay in those) but we check in tomorrow for two nights. I can take a few photos of our room and post if needed. We have a standard room booked with DVC points. Not sure what that will get us but its two nights at the DL hotel which is much better than two nights at our home!

OK, look at the top of our board at the "sticky" threads, and chose Mary Jo's "Official Resort" thread. when you open that chose "DL hotel description with pictures" and you will find pages of photos with description. You can see the Towers, the views, the pools, etc.
Let me know if you can't figure out what I mean.

Thank you, that's great. Could you tell me how far is Knotts Berry Farm and Six Flags from the DL hotel? Are they worth a visit?
Debsx

Debs Hill said:
Thank you, that's great. Could you tell me how far is Knotts Berry Farm and Six Flags from the DL hotel? Are they worth a visit?
Debsx

Knotts is about 6-7 miles from Disneyland. I've never been there. Six flags is about 60-65 miles. I was there about 8-9 years ago.

It really depends on what you enjoy. Neither are themed as well as Disneyland. They do both have large, fast, thrill rides! If you have extra time you might want to go to one of them. Knotts would probably be better with small children. Magic Mountain if you have teens. I think knotts offers an evening pass at a cheaper rate. You might look into that, and you could have their famous chicken dinner while you are there.

Because you are staying for 5 days I think they will give you the Sierra Tower, unless you have a suite which makes it less likely, which has a view of Downtown Disney. You can see Tower of Terror and part of the Sun Wheel from there. You can see Disneyland too but everything is covered with trees. However, fireworks are great. If you get concierge you can watch the fireworks from the concierge lounge (top of the Sierra Tower) and they pipe in music from the park. You get turn down service with a box of shortbread cookies and chocolate coins. You can borrow Disney DVDs from their collection for free. They have various times for various foods like wine and cheese/cookies and milk time (my husband's favorite; free beer). When my husband goes, we have to get concierge. Concierge is an extra that be added to any room with a resort/pool view (concierge rooms are supposed to be, not always, top 2 floors of each tower) so it's pretty much luck where you end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter