first time at santa fe

JACKSDAD

Earning My Ears
We have just booked a break in feb at the santa fe in DLP. Has any one ever stayed here. I realise that this is a budget hotel, however any advice on how budget it really is would be great!
We have stayed at all the other hotels on site previously and have found them all to be good, even Davy Crocket Ranch
Many thanks

I've stayed at Santa Fe once before, and it's not a bad hotel. It's clean, and the beds are comfy, and for the amount of time you actually spend in your hotel, I don't think you can ask for much more.

It's not quite as well themed or 'magical' as the other hotels, but it doesn't scream 'budget' at you as you walk around. All in all, I think it's quite adequate for what you pay.

I stayed at the Santa Fe when I went last time. For a budget hotel it wasn't at all bad. I had an attractive room overlooking a little stream - which was nice - but I did find the walk to the restaurant first thing in the morning a bit chilly! I went in October and going for brekkie at 7.15 it was quite cold. Other than that the room was basic but clean.

Going as a single traveller I have found that generally hotels ask for a supplement then give you a broom cupboard to sleep in. I can accept that a single punter doesn't need a huge room but I do object to paying more for a poky little room. However at the Santa Fe I realised that I had a room the same size as everyone else which pleased me.

Sorry to disagree but we found the Santa Fe ghastly. When were there last Sept, it was very dirty, the rooms were dusty, the bedding torn and stained, the bathroom was growing mould and we would NEVER stay there again. If you can manage a few extra pounds I'd upgrade.

:( :( :(

I have stayed at Santa Fe on all three of my visits to DLP
- October 1992
- Christmas 2002
- New Year 2003/4

We found it to be clean and comfortable, it is a budget hotel and I would agree that it does not seem to be as magically themed as some of the other on site hotelsalthough there were characters including mickey, goofy and pluto in the reception area on all of our visits. For the time we spent in our room we felt that it had everything we needed with the exception of a kettle which would have been nice! We spent all of our time in the parks or the village and the Santa Fe was a great 'base' from which to do this!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

::MinnieMo

We stayed here last April and found it so-so. The rooms are basic but clean and the food court was ok. I think the housekeeping staff need a few lessons though as well as the clearing staff in the food court. You do feel like you are in the budget end of the range and I wish we had paid that little bit more for the Cheyenne. We walked through here on the way to the parks and the theming is so much better. Apparently the rooms are nicer too.
Basically, it was ok but I would not stay here again. The room was just not big enough for the 4 of us and if I'm staying on Disney property, I want to feel I am.
Hope this helps,
Claire

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter