First time at VWL. Need info

eepunk

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about staying at VWL in May for the first time. I know very little about the VWL and would welcome any information you all can provide.
We are a family of four including a 4 yo and a 5 mo girls.
We are also considering dinner at Grand Floridian and/or Poly. Any good or bad expriences or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The VWL will be great for you considering the age of your children. You will be a short boat ride to the MK at any time.

We like eating at Ohana at the Poly for dinner. Your 4 year old will love it. If you are a vegetarian, you won't like it. We also like the Kona Cafe' at the Poly. Best coffee in Disney.

If it's dinner for only you and the significant other, do the California Grill at the CR instead of any of the GF or Poly restaurants.

Have fun.

HBC

My boys love VWL..the lobby is stunning, and the grounds are wonderful. The kiddie pool is under renovation and will be finished in the beginning of March.
Besure to do 1900 park fare-at the GF, we have done breakfast and dinner and have loved both.
When I stay at the VWL I request as high as possible(5th if possible) and close to elevator. I find the rooms a little dark due to poor lighting and dark furnishings.
BUT I love the Roaring Forks(for counter service or casual meals), Whispering Canyon is a little loud, and unless your 4 yo is outgoing, you might want to skip it. There is a little brook in the lobby and a geyser out by the pool...lots of wildlife for the kids, and a small beach too. They have a great gift shop with lots of staples as far of food goes.

Have fun...Poly is nice too...GF to me is a nice place to eat, but seems very spread out to be manageable to me. But points wise I would stay with VWL

We just stayed there and were on the bottom floor. At first I thought we wouldn't like it because our patio was not seperated from everyone elses, but then our kids were able to kick the ball around and play outside. It was nice sitting on the patio while they played.

Some things easily missed at WL/VWL...the majesty of the place, if you are rushing through to get to a park or a meal time. Listen to the background music, it is faint but is a huge part of the surroundings. Check out the geyser, it goes off every hour. Take a boat ride over to FW, especially at night and look back at WL with the lights on. Course its wonderful during the day too.
At night, walk along the path that connects the pools from WL to VWL and listen to the crickets chirp as the lights flicker. Watch the EWP from the beach at 9:30pm. Enjoy the relaxing Iron Spike Room. Ask to be flag family and go up on the roof with Ranger Stan(ask for this as soon as you check in).
So many more things , but you will discover them yourself and that will make your trip all the more wonderful. Enjoy!

Ask for a dedicated 2 bedroom, High floor near elevator. We are going in Nov, I am taking a crew down to celebrate my parents 50th Avn! even having their best friends fly in from Germany, Cannot wait!

Enjoy the glorious VWL
Nick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter