• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time DVC Member going on Cruise

FireworksEverAfter

Earning My Ears
I have a few noob questions. Member services hasn't been able to help and waiting on the phone is not possible.

We just rescheduled our cruise to this Dec.

We're going to stay on property for 1 night and then take ME to port.

-Do DVC members get anything special? I had seen something in the benefits about a member check in line. Does this still exist.

-I've seen people say to check in with the DVC desk when you get in. Anything specific to ask for?

-Any other benefits I should be taking advantage of as a direct member on the ship?

-Does ME bring you from port back to the airport?

Thanks for the help!

I have a few noob questions. Member services hasn't been able to help and waiting on the phone is not possible.

We just rescheduled our cruise to this Dec.

We're going to stay on property for 1 night and then take ME to port.

-Do DVC members get anything special? I had seen something in the benefits about a member check in line. Does this still exist.

-I've seen people say to check in with the DVC desk when you get in. Anything specific to ask for?

-Any other benefits I should be taking advantage of as a direct member on the ship?

-Does ME bring you from port back to the airport?

Thanks for the help!
you have to pay for the roundtrip portion for it to bring you back to the airport.

You get DVC lanyards and a magnet delivered to your stateroom door. If you stop by the DVC desk, they have hats and drawstring backpacks - at least they did last month on the fantasy.

They had a special gift each day at the DVC desk on the Wonder a few weeks ago. We didn't realize it and when we stopped there they loaded us up with everything that we had missed so far.

Magical Express stops running on Dec 31, 2021. Mears is available for transportation between MCO and WDW for a fee beginning Jan 1, 2022. This is a chat I just had with DCL on the transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral:

Those transfers are run directly through Disney Cruise Line and are simply known as Disney Cruise Line Transfers. Those transfers are $39.00 per person age 3 and up one way or $78.00 round trip. They are also offered between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and the port terminal in Port Canaveral.

The best numbers to reach our contact center are 407-566-7000 or 800-951-3532. We are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm and on Saturday - Sunday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET).

You get DVC lanyards and a magnet delivered to your stateroom door. If you stop by the DVC desk, they have hats and drawstring backpacks - at least they did last month on the fantasy.

Do you have to be a Blue Card DVC owner to get the onboard perks? I only have 50 direct points and the remainder are resale.

Do you have to be a Blue Card DVC owner to get the onboard perks? I only have 50 direct points and the remainder are resale.
They scan your DVC card at the DVC desk. Not sure about the blue card rules for the gifts.

They scan your DVC card at the DVC desk. Not sure about the blue card rules for the gifts.
Yes, I had to show my blue card at the spa and shipboard shops to get the DVC discounts. You can similar discounts with a Disney Visa though if you have one.

Magical Express stops running on Dec 31, 2021. Mears is available for transportation between MCO and WDW for a fee beginning Jan 1, 2022. This is a chat I just had with DCL on the transportation between WDW and Port Canaveral:

Those transfers are run directly through Disney Cruise Line and are simply known as Disney Cruise Line Transfers. Those transfers are $39.00 per person age 3 and up one way or $78.00 round trip. They are also offered between Orlando International Airport (MCO) and the port terminal in Port Canaveral.

The best numbers to reach our contact center are 407-566-7000 or 800-951-3532. We are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm and on Saturday - Sunday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET).
What time does Disney Cruise Line Transfers pick up from WDW resorts? Is it early in the morning or is there time to book a breakfast at Chef Micky first?

What time does Disney Cruise Line Transfers pick up from WDW resorts? Is it early in the morning or is there time to book a breakfast at Chef Micky first?
DCL Transfers used to pick up at WDW resorts in the late morning. However in the past couple of months, I believe pick-up at WDW resorts has been as early at 8am. So, no, I would not plan a special breakfast ADR that morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter