First time to WDW!

TripletDad

Mouseketeer
We have booked our first trip to WDW for next July. We will be staying at the Contemporary. There will be my wife and myself and our tiplet daughters and my inlaws going. We will be ariving on Sunday the 13th of July and leaving on the 19th of July. Our daughters will be 8 years old when we go. What I want to know is does anybody have any advice on arranging our time at Disney?
Despite being close to 9 months before we go we are real excited about it.

TripletDad

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc < my three daughters and their excitment about going to Disney

Give them the BEST XMAS/HOLIDAY GIFT you can afford. WHY? BABY SITTERS!!!!!!YAH....HOO!!!

Seriously, One romantic dinner evening out without the kids,kids,kids, at Disney World!

GO FOR IT!

There are fellow posters here, who will be over joy to help you with your plans.

Just ask and you shall be rewarded.

ENJOY!:jester:

Power of the Messenger!:smooth:

I found that the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney world was a great help. It gave the real scoop, not the company line. However, the best resource you will have is right here. Read the posts and I will guarantee you will learn something new everyday.

People will tell you that July is hot and crowded. It is. Just be expecting that and you won't be surprised. Use FASTPASS and plan your day so that you can come back to the hotel in the middle of the day and rest while the "uninformed" are sweating in the parks. Return to the park at about 6 pm refreshed and laughing at the tired mobs of people leaving the park because they didn't pace themselves!.

And most of all. Dont forget to book some character breakfasts. There is no better money spent at WDW.

DWD

Have everyone in the party make a must do list.

Have everyone make a like to do list.

Compare the lists and come up with a grand list.

If your party has drastically different lists, consider splitting up. No reason for everyone to stand in line for Space Mountain when only two people want to ride it and everyone else can take another turn on Buzz Lightyear.

Don't be afraid to park hop. Most people like to do Epcot late - lots of places to have dinner, its open later most times.

Don't be afraid to make PS arrangments for dinner. Eating from counter service restaurants night after night WILL get old. And during July it can be hard to find someplace to eat - particularly inside MGM and Epcot (MK has few sit down places anyway - we don't do sit down there - besides, its so convienent to eat at one of the monorail hotels. And AK has almost no sit down either - but you will be out of their by dinnertime - they always close fairly early). (menus can be found at www.wdwig.com).

Recognize that there is no way you are going to do it ALL on this trip - and relax and get the things done that are most important to you. Including spending some time laying around the pool.

Know the lay of the lands before you go. Any guidebook is useful (I like Birnbaums for the excellent full color maps and pictures - your girls would probably enjoy Birnbaums for kids, but the other guidebooks are better for getting the real scoop - so we buy two - every couple years, cause its the same old same old). And then review the maps the night before you hit the park. A large family standing around Tomorrowland with map in hand wondering where the Haunted Mansion is - not a pretty sight (although some helpful person will be happy to help you).

And yes, do a character breakfast - or lunch, or dinner, or ice cream social. Make PS for it though!

I agree with the other posters--have a "must do" list for each park and take your finalized lists with you to the parks. I also recommend The Unofficial Guide and Birnbaum's for kids. You get both perspectives from these books. Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary is a great character meal. And with 3 girls Cinderella's Royal Table is a MUST!!! There is a great PS calculator on this website--start trying to get a PS for Cindy's starting with the first day of your trip-don't try for a specific day. Call every morning--you can always cancel the others when you get the one you want. It took us three tries to get this-we used the cell phone, the regular phone and had other family members calling for us at the same time. Happy planning:D

I agree with the Cinderella's Royal table for breakfast...and remember start calling the PS line exactly on the 60th day before your Reservation day and start at 6:55AM.

DON'T tell your girls about Cindy's. You may not get lucky and get in, despite your best efforts. You can try the Storybook breakfast as well, but that is also difficult to get into. Keep it a "surprise" and that way there won't be disappointed girls if it doesn't happen.

(It wouldn't be on my must list - too much hassle and plenty of other things to do - and I'm hoping my daughter never finds out about it so it doesn't end up on hers - she is only three, so she will have to learn to read before she finds out - and she is still happy with Mickey).

Thanks for all the great addvice. We are trying to make sure this a great time exspecialy for our daughters. Any more addvice anybody had would be great.

TripletDad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter