First-timer Honeymoon trip! Critique my dining choices

Split a meal at Homecomin for sure! I dined solo there and it was delicious but so much food. By the way if you were interested in their devil eggs you can order a half order of just 3 instead of the usual 6 eggs.

I recommend Satuli at AK. I almost went and ate dinner there the same day I had a 3:00pm lunch since it was so good!

Boma is another place I thought was pricey but after finally eating there this month. It is worth it! We spent two hours there talking and make rounds at the buffet.

Ooh good to know about Homecoming, I'd already thought that we would try and have something light because I want to save ourselves for Ohana but I know it will be hard with that delicious menu! Satuli looks really good, might have to try and fit that in and Boma totally appeals to me but not sure my Fi will enjoy it. I do want to visit AKL though...I'm already planning future trips in my head!

Drop that Biergarten ADR. Just eat around the world. I'm sure you'll find enough to eat and drink, and don't need to be loaded down with the heavy food served at Biergarten.

In general, you're spending a lot of time travelling to these ADR's. I'd flip the 'Ohana and Raglan Road dinners, so you're staying in the MK area one day and Springs at another.

I'm so desperate to try Biergarten but I know logically, it doesn't make much sense! Yes, will need to take another look at my schedule for the park hopping. I had planned mid-day breaks so didn't think it would make much difference but it seems that general consensus is we're doing a lot of hopping for perhaps no reason!

We like your choices as well. We honeymooned at WDW and did it with only one ADR for a 7 day trip. It makes us nervous to look back on it, but we had a great time. I would caution you to resist over planning, and even if you are going to park hop you might not want to be locked into it by multiple ADRs. One of our favorite things on our honeymoon was being free to go where we wanted. Now we have pretty much settled in on about one ADR a day, which gives us a good mix of freedom and nice food.
We love Yak and Yeti, and it is one of our favorite restaurants on property. Ohana is great too and our only complaint there is not being able to eat more of everything. We enjoyed Tusker House, and as adults it is a chance to have a meal with Mickey and some more interesting food. Whispering Canyon is fun, although it adds some travel time, even from MK. We generally prefer the food at Trail's End at Fort Wilderness, but seeing WL is always great and Whispering Canyon is more of an experience. We also love having dinner at Epcot at Food and Wine booths.
The biggest change we would make is to just stay at WDW the whole time and skip the Mexico trip. ;) Congratulations and have a great time.

Thanks for your tips! I'm trying really hard not to over plan (although my colour coded spreadsheet would suggest otherwise!) so I'm taking more of a 'It's good to be prepared but if things don't go as planned, it's totally fine :bitelip:' kind of approach! Ha, I did think for a second about doing an extra-long disney trip but my Fiancé (who's looking forward to Disney but definitely not as excited as me) has already said that he's more looking forward to lying on the beach in Mexico with a Mojito! Also, I think we might be so tired from the wedding and having family to stay and then doing Disney that we might just need a week to lie down and relax!

Ooh good to know about Homecoming, I'd already thought that we would try and have something light because I want to save ourselves for Ohana but I know it will be hard with that delicious menu! Satuli looks really good, might have to try and fit that in and Boma totally appeals to me but not sure my Fi will enjoy it. I do want to visit AKL though...I'm already planning future trips in my head!

I had the fried chicken with mashed and biscuit. It came with 3 pieces of chicken. I didn’t eat breakfast and ate at 3pm and I was hurtin leaving as it was heavy. Dinner later that night was dessert and a snack. So definitely share. I actually left DS and went to the Mara at AKL and had their exclusive peanut butter chocolate brownie. Another winner!

I’ve not eaten at Ohana yet but knowing that it is all you can eat, I would not do Homecomin and Ohana on the same day.

I was not sure about Boma as I am not an adventurous eater. Boma was perfect for me. The meats were great and there was plenty of non adventurous options plus a few that were slightly more African inspired. Best meal I had during my trip first week of March.

I would consider NOT booking the lunch at Homecoming just in case your flight is delayed. At lunchtime, you can probably just walk right in without a reservation — they have a bar that serves the full menu at the very least. Plus, if for some strange reason you can’t get in, there are so many other options at the Springs.

I also think you may be booked a little heavy. We’re typically a one meal a day family with quick stops for a snack here or there. It really depends on what you want to accomplish on your first trip to the World. If you want to see attractions and shows, being stuck with two dining reservations a day may not be ideal. Booking only one and then getting a popcorn or turkey leg for lunch (as an example) gives you a little more flexibility. That said, your choices are pretty solid. Don’t underestimate the great, more adult-centric restaurants at the Springs, though — Morimotos, The Boathouse, Maria and Enzo’s, the Edison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter