First timer with questions -please help

Mikepo

Earning My Ears
We leave for WDW in 18 days and I still have several questions. We are staying at AllStar Movies, it's a short 2 1/2 day trip. We're only going to MK and AK - should we use park transportation or drive our rental car? I had heard that getting from AllStars to MK takes a long time.

Our sons are 6 1/2 and 4 1/2. What are the regulations as far as a car seat for the 4 1/2 year old - on the airplane?

Any additional planning/packing/preparation advice is greatly appreciated, this is our first visit! Thanks.

Mike

I like to ride the Disney transportation. I am annoyed by the tram lines at the parks. At MK, especially, getting out of the park could take you well over an hour, depending on the time you do it, if you have to head out to the parking lot.
But some people with younger kids would rather rent a car. I guess it depends on what your family needs are.

Contact the airlines directly regarding the car seat regulations.

I am one who packs light. Rather than waiting forever at the airport to gather all my bags and head out (wasting valuable vacation time). I don't mind packing lighter and doing laundry for a couple of bucks at the hotel, on some night.

There's tons of planning tips all over the boards! Use the search function and you'll be reading for many, many hours!

It sounds like you're going President's Weekend?? If so, the place is packed. We normally go President's week. Two or 3 years back we booked our room too late and ended up spending Thurs & Fri of our trip at ASMu. There were a lot of cheerleaders and other student groups there so the lines for the buses were awful in the morning so we took our car. (We had an 8 am PS in MK although park opening wasn't until 9). While I feel we would have had enough time to wait (and I'd rather use their transportation system), my husband is VERY impatient and he was driving.

Where I live, due to 9-11 most schools have suspended all overnight travel for this school year.

Pinky

We stayed at the ASMo resort during June 2001. We had two children ages 2 1/2 and 6. We used the Disney buses and found them to more than meet our needs. When leaving the resort, the longest wait we had was about 10 mins. The longest trip is to Mabic Kingdom - it takes about 20 mins. Even the morning that we has a PS for Cinderella's Breakfast at 8:00 a.m. ( and the park opened at 9:00 a.m.) the buses to MK started at 7:00 a.m.. We always use the Disney buses when we stay on site - we don't worry about parking and then getting a tram to the entrance.

When we stayed at ASMO, we found the bus service to be excellent! We never waited more than 10 minutes going for coming from a park. It probably took us about 15 minutes to get to MK.

Car seats are not needed on airplanes, unless you want to bring one. We have flown with an 8 month old, 15 month old, and 3.5 yr old and never had one. When they were infants, we just held them on our laps, and the 3.5yo had his own seat but didnt need a booster seat or anything. He did fine(and we had a very bumpy ride).

ASMO was wonderful! With kids, I think the theming cant be beat. Hope you enjoy your trip!

The buses are great though you are going at a busy time. Try the buses when you first get there and if you don't think it's worth the wait switch to the car. I thought they did a great job getting everyone where they needed to be quickly. Short waits even after illuminations. Have fun.

Nothing beats Disney's transportation! The buses run constantly, especially for the AS resorts, the drivers are very polite and they often wear lanyards and pause for a quick pin trade with the kids!

The buses are also very comfortable, always clean and cool.

Wanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter