"First Timers" best option for luggage?

krisnrandy

Earning My Ears
One teen, 2 small children, and Mom n Dad. Any suggestions on which type of luggage to purchase for our first cruise?

I've really developed a liking for duffle bags. They're lighter when empty, are squashable if full of clothes, and don't take up a lot of space when empty. We used to use suitcases for all our trips, but they take up SO much space. On our recent trip to FL, I packed our clothes in a larger rolling duffle and a small rolling suitcase. I brought a smaller, empty duffle bag in the big bag to bring home souvenirs. It was the best vacation we've had, packing wise! Good duffle bags are quite affordable.

When we went on our cruise went to wallyworld aka walmart and bought inexpensive set there. I heard war stories on how the ship/airline treats luggage. We have used our same cheap set on 1 cruise,3 wdw trips and severeal other trips too.

Good luck!

Lew

We bought a set at a Bass outlet. There were five pieces for less than $100, and all but the smallest piece were hard cases. What we liked best was that the four smaller pieces all fit into the largest case, so you really only have one to store.

I'll second the point about getting good, but not too expensive of luggage. We cruise every year and the luggage gets beat up. I like the duffel idea, though. Just make sure everything has a handle and wheels and you'll be fine! My set is an American Tourister one I got from Walmart with wheels that spin 360 degrees. Very handy - the bags don't get stuck and tip when you turn. The bag just rolls with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter