• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First trip - help!

Coxm01

Earning My Ears
Hello - what a great site! We have our first family trip next August when I know it's going to super busy. My kids are young so we plan to leave the parks in the early afternoon each day so I'm figuring out the best option for MK. So can anyone advise which is my better: Go to MK on EMH day and try and ride 7DMT and Peter Pan before 10am. Or should we go on a non EMH day with a breakfast reservation at BOG and try and do 7DMT and Peter Pan before 10? Thanks

get fast passes for 7dmt - although that ride is hard on young kids - would ride the old BTMR. the big different between them is speed. BTMR is easier to take.

know you can get fast passes for peter pan.

Hi and Welcome!
Assuming you are on site, I would take advantage of morning EMH. I would get a FP for SDMT and "rope drop" PP.

We’ve done option 2 with a Peter Pan FP at 9am. Finish up eating before park opening and get in line (wherever they want to hold you). We rode 7dmt almost right away and then was able to get right on PP.

If budget allows and if Disney is offering Early Morning Magic during your trip, that would be an easy way to ensure you ride both PP and 7DMT - multiple times, if desired - and you could then go on to the rest of your plans after having the included buffet breakfast. Compared to BOG breakfast, it would be about $45 extra per person but you'd get multiple rides on PP, 7DMT, and Winnie the Pooh, and also more food.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/
Looking at the calendar, August 5th will have EMM. In July they are doing EMM every Sunday and certain Tuesdays - August might be similar.

Honestly either of those options would work fine. To me the deciding factor would be how badly you want to eat at BOG. If you're on the dining plan the BOG breakfast is a great value. If you're not, it's probably not worth the cost since you can do those attractions during EMH. Just my 2 cents :)

i would try to get fastpasses for one if not both..even if you "rope drope" one, the other will have a long line by the time you get to it...

Wow thanks for your quick replies! I'm planning on using our fast passes on other rides hence needing to finish by 10am! Thanks again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter