first trip report

dvcterry

DIS Veteran
After being a member since 2002, I'm attempting my first mini-trip report. We brought our oldest son out to college in California and took our first trip to Disneyland so we got to experience VGC. Very close, actually step into California adventure! Nice perk. VGC is wonderful as a resort, great views, great pool, and loved the cushions on the lounge chairs.

We didn't spend much time comparing Disneyland to WDW, just enjoying what we had & we had an amazing time. We wore our 1st timers pins & everyone was helpful. We ate at Naples in DTD (this offers a quick service), Carthay Circle (where we got fastpasses for WOC) and Goofy's kitchen for breakfast (this was a fab. buffet) as well as the Carnation Cafe (yummy). All very good including all our little stops for treats like at the Cozy Cone & family sundae at Ghirardelli. Actually I think we overate on our vacation.
d639ff1f.jpg

I did like the proximity of everything--walking to parks of DTD. Loved riding rides like Mr. Toad & Snow White, and the wait time, inlcuding Cars Land was not very long at all. Many rides were 10-20 min. Cars less than 45 min. & time went by too quickly. Looking forward to our son coming home for Christmas & we go back to WDW!:santa:

dd163f76.jpg

78d4556f.jpg

Looks amazing! I haven't been to DL since 1993! Can't wait to go back on our way to Aulani! Love the pics and very glad to hear the lines were not too bad.

Looks like you all are having a great time. Love the pics, nice looking family! Thanks for sharing your trip with us, can't wait to hear more.

Soooo.....let me continue on. We loved RS. I have to say the imagineers did an amazing job with carsland. We have been planning our next trip back. We had shakes at flo's V-8 cafe and i was the slow poke who couldn't spin right on luigi's flying tires. we could all (5) ride together so it was nice and then another time thought about racing each other. fp run out fairly quickly so we just went to the ride early in the morning and there wasn't much of a wait.

06b6d43d.jpg

5fafb811.jpg

along the queue you got to find a hidden mickey

8dcd3900.jpg

after RS we went to the cozy cone and had ice cream and churros

11ca4ebb.jpg

till next time.......

0e1890fe.jpg

Great report. Your family is beautiful. I love the picture with Dad in the background. :cool1:

CarsLand is amazing. My kids and I have been able to go a few times so far and we just love everything about it. It's great you were able to experience it. :thumbsup2

I'm a college professor here in Southern California, just wondering where your son is going to school, if you don't mind sharing.

Hi, he is a freshman at San Jose State U. Oldest son, chose CA school and miss him of course. But he likes it. We went to DL week before move-in. Our first time as you can see from his pin. But we liked DL & looking forward to next trip. It must be nice to be so close there. Please share as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter