First Visit US/IOA- Day one

gschmerl

<font color=red>Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any l
First Visit to US/IOA
Cast: Me 52 year old female
My friend 54 year old female
Day One- Saturday, June 30
Our flight was right on time. Check in at the HRH went smoothly. I never did receive my Loew’s First card, but I gave them the number. They said the hotel was fully booked so we couldn’t upgrade. He did offer to move us to the Club level for an extra $50 a night. Neither of us are big on breakfast and we didn’t think it was worth an extra $250 for a few sodas, beers, and turn down service. We stuck with our Garden View room and were very happy with it. Our first stop was the Latin Quarter for lunch (can you tell our priorities?). We love Cuban sandwiches and wanted to try theirs. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious and their salsa is the best I’ve ever had. We then headed for Mythos to make reservations for dinner. Got an 8:00 reservation for that night with no problem. Walked across the path and did Poseidon’s Fury. There was a 30 minute wait, but we used our magic room key for priority access and went right in. There were some great effects. Loved the water vortex. We then watched the Sinbad show. It was cute. Then it was off toSpiderman!!That magic room key worked wonders again. Now I know what you all were talking about when you said you felt like VIPs. We got right on the ride. Now that’s GREAT! LOVED IT!! I went on the Jurassic River Adventure (my friends doesn’t like heights and didn’t want to get wet). I loved it. Back to the HRH. Ladies, make sure you check out the ladies room in the lobby. Up to the room and our Loew’s first amenity arrived. We chose the fruit plate which consisted of two apples, a pear, and an orange. Went to the pool, but it started to rain.
Rested and cleaned ourselves up and headed back to IOA for our dinner at Mythos. It was delicious. I had the coffee encrusted pork. It tastes a lot better than it sounds. My friend had the tuna. Both meals were delicious. Then it was on to the warm gooey chocolate cake. I still haven’t found adequate words to describe this. I guess it was just too yummy for words! We met the Secondcook from this board (Randy).The park was closed by the time we finished dinner. Went to City Walk to people watch. Then dragged our exhausted bodies back to our room. We left home at 5:30 AM this morning so we were TIRED!

Great report and the food sounds wonderful! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter