Fish extender gifts

BobbyRach

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are participating in the Fish Extender group on our September cruise. I don't know if we are crazy yet taking all the gifts all the way from Australia but i know my nephew will love it.

I think i have basically sorted out ideas for kids presents but wondered what would be something different/unique to give to the adults.

Also, if anyone has participated before do you give one gift for each adult or just a joint gift and then one each for the kids??

thanks so much!!

Hi,

We are participating in the Fish Extender group on our September cruise. I don't know if we are crazy yet taking all the gifts all the way from Australia but i know my nephew will love it.

I think i have basically sorted out ideas for kids presents but wondered what would be something different/unique to give to the adults.

Also, if anyone has participated before do you give one gift for each adult or just a joint gift and then one each for the kids??

thanks so much!!

Which cruise are you on in Sept? We are on the 23rd Sept Wonder off California cruise. I'm doing seperate gifts for all adults and kids.

Which cruise are you on in Sept? We are on the 23rd Sept Wonder off California cruise. I'm doing seperate gifts for all adults and kids.

We are going on the Fantasy on 1 September! :cool1:

I am also planning on doing separate gifts for both adults and kids just stuck on the adult gifts!

We also have 25 rooms in our fish extender group so it is quite big!!

we are doing our FE group as well for the nov 24 fantasy western, and we have 25 cabins in our FE group, so i wanted to take something relatively lightweight but cute.

we are doing:

- individual, personalised mickey bookmarks for each person in each cabin
- 2 x postcards for each cabin that i designed through vistaprint
- 2 x magnets for each cabin that i designed through vistaprint
- a photo frame & photo of walt for each cabin.

each gift will be put into a disney paper bag, sealed with a little sticker i ordered from vistaprint, and inside each bag will be a little card stating the gifts were from us (also from vistaprint).

At the moment we have 10 cabins, it's a quiet cruise. I'm doing some handmade crafts from NZ for everyone plus a few other things into a baggie for each person.

We cut out and glued Micky ears on caramello koala packets for the kids. They looked very cute.

We've done FE twice and our children LOVED it. Both times, we made bags for each cabin and didn't break it down into adults or children.

Its been various combinations of Cadbury's Furry friends, pins of the Australian flag, Clip on Koalas, and I made magnets of the Austalian flag in the shape of Mickey ears. Kodak make magnetic paper so you can print whatever you want and cut it out.

I did Fish exchange for my cruise last year and I took my stuff all the way from australia too :)

FEGift1.jpg

FEGift2.jpg

Here's a little pic! :cool1:

Sorry they are a bit blurry! :confused3

I did Fish exchange for my cruise last year and I took my stuff all the way from australia too :)

FEGift1.jpg

FEGift2.jpg

Here's a little pic! :cool1:

Sorry they are a bit blurry! :confused3

That is awesome. Thank you so much for posting the pic.

Whereabouts did you get the mini Vegemite from??

Thanks to everyone else for their ideas as well!!

that looks great.....you people are just too clever for words....love the vegi packs...awesome idea, I may take some over for our DVC rep for him to try out, will have to pinch / borrow some from our staff common room:thumbsup2

We have a bulk buy warehouse here in Tasmania :) so they were 12 dollars for a box of 90 of them I ant the remainder to my mum to use because she is in the USA at the moment and she can't go without her Vegemite :) I think because I got it all on sale etc for the 60 packs I took over it cost me about $40 and the cards that are in the front of the pack came from vista print they were postcards and they were free but I think about $3 postage ....... I love vista print! The stickers on the back came from there too! :) I was going to put Freddos or furry friends in the pack but Cadbury favorites came out on sale so I used them instead. The single wrapped Tim tams were the hardest to find they came from corporate express and were the most expensive bit I think! If you have any more questions please ask :)

We have a bulk buy warehouse here in Tasmania :) so they were 12 dollars for a box of 90 of them I ant the remainder to my mum to use because she is in the USA at the moment and she can't go without her Vegemite :) I think because I got it all on sale etc for the 60 packs I took over it cost me about $40 and the cards that are in the front of the pack came from vista print they were postcards and they were free but I think about $3 postage ....... I love vista print! The stickers on the back came from there too! :) I was going to put Freddos or furry friends in the pack but Cadbury favorites came out on sale so I used them instead. The single wrapped Tim tams were the hardest to find they came from corporate express and were the most expensive bit I think! If you have any more questions please ask :)

Thanks so much for replying! Do you happen to know if the bulk buy warehouse in Tasmania posts? I can't seem to find anywhere in Brisbane where you can get the little packs of vegemite.

I think have seen you can buy single wrapped tim tams now at the shops!! The Cadbury favourites are a good idea as they are small and don't weigh as much. We have 25 staterooms participating so want to give out chocolate but it also weighs so much!!

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for replying! Do you happen to know if the bulk buy warehouse in Tasmania posts? I can't seem to find anywhere in Brisbane where you can get the little packs of vegemite.

I think have seen you can buy single wrapped tim tams now at the shops!! The Cadbury favourites are a good idea as they are small and don't weigh as much. We have 25 staterooms participating so want to give out chocolate but it also weighs so much!!

Thanks again!

No i dont think they do but..............

I have found them on this site :)

http://www.bwfoods.com.au/PCKVM/KRAFT-PC-VEGEMITE-90'S/pd.php

And this site

http://www.centralgrocers.com.au/products.php?product=Kraft-Vegemite

and this site

http://www.jbdistributors.com.au/PCVEG/VEGEMITE-4.8G.TRAY-OF-90-PC-KRAFT/pd.php

you should be able to get them off these sites :)

Happy to help.:goodvibes

ps i think the single wrapped tim tams at the shop are really expensive if you buy them from a wholesale you can buy 100 for about 25 dollars i think. :thumbsup2

No i dont think they do but..............

I have found them on this site :)

http://www.bwfoods.com.au/PCKVM/KRAFT-PC-VEGEMITE-90'S/pd.php

And this site

http://www.centralgrocers.com.au/products.php?product=Kraft-Vegemite

and this site

http://www.jbdistributors.com.au/PCVEG/VEGEMITE-4.8G.TRAY-OF-90-PC-KRAFT/pd.php

you should be able to get them off these sites :)

Happy to help.:goodvibes

ps i think the single wrapped tim tams at the shop are really expensive if you buy them from a wholesale you can buy 100 for about 25 dollars i think. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!! You must be much better at google than me - i searched for ages!!

Not a problem ;) You just have to search a few different ways to to say vegemite catering packs lol

Happy to help if you need anything else just ask :):goodvibes

Wow!! I'm doing an FE on my cruise too and have been trying to work out what to give! Love these ideas!
One other question - where did you get your actual fish extender from? I am in no way crafty, so am not really in to making my own! I have looked on ebay and most only seem to ship to the USA. I haven't asked anyone whether they would ship to Aus, but thought I'd check here to see what other Aussies have done!! :confused3
Thanks for your help!!! :flower3:

Wow!! I'm doing an FE on my cruise too and have been trying to work out what to give! Love these ideas!
One other question - where did you get your actual fish extender from? I am in no way crafty, so am not really in to making my own! I have looked on ebay and most only seem to ship to the USA. I haven't asked anyone whether they would ship to Aus, but thought I'd check here to see what other Aussies have done!! :confused3
Thanks for your help!!! :flower3:

We also brought ours as I just couldn't imagine being able to make it! I also searched ebay etc and emailed a few people about shipping to Australia and never got any responses.

We ended up finding someone on facebook from their business of craft etc. She has emailed me through a pic of what she has done and i think it looks fantastic. I can email it through to you if you like?

Thanks BobbyRach - that would be great! PM me the email and/or facebook details!! They are few and far between, I think!!

Try etsy they have beautiful ones on there and they are not expensive at all! Most places ship to australia for a reasonable price too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter