Fish Extenders?

Here is a picture of my FE and door. I made my FE without any sewing ...just used fabric glue and for the bags I used already made bags and glued them on. It was sooooo easy. Also used iron in filler to make the back of the FE stiff but not hard....and the writing on it says....The Campbell family .....Disney Vacation.... Dreams do come true. You cant tell by the picture but at the bottom of each bag are our names in the same letters as The Campbell family.... The Campbell Family and names are iron on letters and the other stuff are stickers for Disney scrap booking. They stuck great!!! All supplies (even the bags)except fabric were bought at Michaels
:thumbsup2 better picture next page

This is my first cruise. I am NOT a sewer so I'm trying to figure out what to use to build an FE. When I was in Walmart yesterday - looking for an organizer for our little stuff in the room - I picked up a pocket organizer. It has four pocket and is long enough to do the job. Now I'm wonder if it is too wide for the space under the fish. It's the width of a clothes hanger (about 13").
Is it too wide?
I have things to build a narrower one - but if this one works it will certainly save me some time and as you can see this cruise is coming FAST!!
Thanks!!

i've read peoples posts and most of them agree on 9 inches - i think i saw one who said 12 inches would hang over a little -

i going this weekend to see fabrick and stuff - i'll be looking at already made canvas ones that i can decorate myself.

Here is a better picture....tryed to post it with other picture but it would not have at it.

Here is a better pic of them lit.

MouseFestseaandland2008057.jpg

As soon as Stephanie and I saw your door, we said--"That is the winner"

I'm sure this has already been asked but does anyone have a pattern for the Fish Extenders? I might try to make my own! It might turn into a disaster but I think it would be fun to try! :)

I made my FE myself just using my eye as the measure tape. I made the FE in one evening. It was such fun. Most of the material I got from Joannes but the one with the mickeys for Stephanie I got on Ebay. I tried to keep to 8 inches wide and then for the length, I just went with what I thought would work. You can tell I did it fast cause the pockets are not quite even but since I made it myself, that really does not matter to me. It mattered that we liked it and the people in nearby staterooms liked it too. The ribbon to hang was long enough to wrap it around the actual fish twice. It was like a beacon when we could come back to our stateroom cause you could see it way down the hallway!!!

fishextender1.jpg

fishextender2.jpg

fishextender3.jpg

fishextender4.jpg

fishextender5.jpg

Stephanie and I spent one Sunday working on our stateroom door decorations. That was an experience. We already have ideas for this coming Decembers Mouse Fest Cruise.

stateroom2.jpg

stateroomdoor1.jpg

Hi! I am a first time cruiser!:cheer2: I set sail on the wonder in May w/ my DH:groom: , DS' 7&8pirate: and DD 3princess: , I've subscribed to the meet and greet sight already, now I'm trying to figure out door magnets:artist: and fish extenders:fish: . I'd like to try to make mine (But I'm not so crafty!) Any ideas, tips, and pointers would be much appreciated!!! :thanks:
Thanks again! Kel:beach:

Hi! I am a first time cruiser!:cheer2: I set sail on the wonder in May w/ my DH:groom: , DS' 7&8pirate: and DD 3princess: , I've subscribed to the meet and greet sight already, now I'm trying to figure out door magnets:artist: and fish extenders:fish: . I'd like to try to make mine (But I'm not so crafty!) Any ideas, tips, and pointers would be much appreciated!!! :thanks:
Thanks again! Kel:beach:

Check out this link for all the great DIS member ideas. I've saved a ton to my computer and personalized them all within like a week...I wasn't as good as you to preplan all this.... GOOD LUCK!! There are AMAZING ideas on here!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523226

we went to michaels last weekend and bought some disney stickers and a large magnet sheet - just the magnet sheet to the size of the stickey on the back of the sticker (some of them are 3d some are thick paper with foam stickeys on them) and there you go - magnets.\

you can also print stuff - laminate it and put the magnet stuff on the back

as for the fish extender - there are a lot of pics out there but in a nut shell - get some fabric (2 kinds) . the final measurement will depend on you and the number of pockets and siaze of the pockets. but ours for example is 11 inches wide with 3 pockets 10x8 inches. a space at the top and the bottom folds into itself to create a pocket the papers can be rolled and placed in.

when i'm dont i'm going to post a pic and directions but that won't be until next week.

good luck

I just finished our fish extender for our up coming cruise in May.

here's some pics

100_4153.jpg

100_4154.jpg

100_4155.jpg

100_4156.jpg

100_4157.jpg

I also did some canvas bags to match. dh doesn't think he'll walk around with his but dd told him he had to :lmao: :rotfl2:

100_4158.jpg

100_4159.jpg

100_4161.jpg

:disrocks: Thanks for the pics and tips! Turned out great, :thumbsup2 I'm starting to work on mine today- I'll post pics when I'm done. Thank you, thank you! :thanks:

Kel :beach:

I love your FE!!! How did you make the letters? Fabric?...paper?...how did you attach them? If you want to go into business I'll be your first customer!! I've been looking at the FE on ebay and haven't found one that I really like yet.

I need one with 5 pockets. I'd really like to have a pocket for each of us. I'd like to use it at home too. I could sort the mail, give kids their chore assignments, allowances, return signed homework papers....does anyone use theirs at home?

Trying to post a picture of my fish extender and can't figure out how! hmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter