Fish Extenders?

here we go I'm trying to post lets see if this works. This is my first FE that me and my Boyfriend are using on our cruise on March 8th, 09. enjoy!

DSC_2250.jpg

DSC_2251.jpg

DSC_2249.jpg

Here ya go.

Step 1 (after creating your account)

Upload your image - Click the Choose file button

Photobucket01.jpg

Step 2

choose your file

Photobucket02.jpg

Step 3

Select the actual picture or pictures you want to upload (hold the ctr button if you are uploading more then 1 at a time.

Photobucket03.jpg

Step 4

Once uploaded - copy the Image text but right clicking on the text

Photobucket04.jpg

Photobucket05.jpg

Step 5

Photobucket06.jpg

Is there a picture on this wonderful thread that shows how one secures their FE with the plastic zipties to the metal Fish?

Is there a picture on this wonderful thread that shows how one secures their FE with the plastic zipties to the metal Fish?

Somewhere there is a pic...I thought it was around page 35, but I guess I was wrong, as I didn't see it.... But here are some written answers. It is my understanding that the zip tie helps secure a loop over the fish. Kinda like a bolo tie.

HTH.
todd

Yes.

Funny story though, I had only brought one tie with me, but we ended up having to move our FE b/c our room got moved. But I got another zip tie as a FE gift so I then had another one to re-secure it when I moved it from one room to the other.:thumbsup2

One other little tip...don't pull the tie too tight against the fish, it will make it *really* hard to get it cut off. We left ours with about 1" clearance and it worked just fine. Saved our FE from walking away!!!

Oh and one more tip, if you make your own FE, make sure to use hot glue or superglue to secure the sring you hand it with to the bar the FE hangs from, if the string is just tied to the bar someone could easily untie it.

I think you're looking for a "zip tie" not a "zip line." A zip tie is a little piece of plastic that you circle around or through something and then put it through a hole on the end of itself and it locks. They're also called cable ties.

I posted the same question a few weeks back and someone was nice enough to let me know.

I got some at Walmart before our cruise on the 16th (which by the way was WONDERFUL!) They're very inexpensive. I think there were 18 or 20 in the pack for less than $2. They were in the automotive section.

I ended up not using one on our fish extender. No one bothered it, except that we did "lose" the letter R on it! :confused3 Go figure. It was no where to be found on it, in the pockets of the FE or on the floor. Luckily I brought some extra letters with me just in case ;) and it was easily fixed.

I did, however, find that the zip ties were perfect for locking our luggage!

Here's a pic of one....
L-5-40.gif

They are made by a DIS-er friend of mine who I have had the pleasure of cruising with twice. She is a doll, and extremely talented to boot.
Her name is Tiffany, she is Luvtheears on the Dis and Gradysmommy on eBay.:thumbsup2

Yes, that is probably Tiffany's great work you have seen!:thumbsup2

With the zip tie, we threaded the it through the string that hangs the FE and then around the base of the fish, securing it there. Be sure not to pull the tie too tight when securing it , or else you will have a lot of trouble cutting it off in the end. We left about 2" slack. Also, if the FE you buy doesn't have it, make sure you use a little bit of hot glue or super glue where the string it hangs from or connects to the dowel, as if it is unglued, a good yank by someone walking by will detach the string at the dowel, making the zip tie useless.

Hope that helps!!
Have a wonderful cruise!!:goodvibes

I never would've thought of that! Thanks for the great tip. We leave in just under 12 months for our cruise, so I need to start doing something every week so I'll be ready on time!

(My picture is a bit blurry, but you can get the gist of the the zip tie)

The zip-tie goes around the ribbon or string that attaches to the fish... and you place it just under the fish... it actually scoots itself up to the fish as you tighten it... the trick is to leave it NOT so tight so that you can get your scissors or nail clippers thru it when you are ready to take it down! :lmao:
June2008DisneyCruise179.jpg

Some of my FE gifts.................
FishExtenderLoot008.jpg

wow...I have lots of some of the same items as you. I have been pikcing things up everytime that I got to the store and now I have so much I think I am going to have to ship it to the ship.

Have a great cruise.:cool1:

I agree you got alot of stuff, but come on... didn't anyone notice the blanket...

I LOVE the Mickey blanket!!!
I will be searching
:sail:my fabric store for that fleece material.

Thanks! I made it myself, my first try! I got the fleece at Jo Ann's.

wow...I have lots of some of the same items as you. I have been picking things up everytime that I got to the store and now I have so much I think I am going to have to ship it to the ship.

Have a great cruise.:cool1:

Thanks! I have a whole suitcase for FE gifts and costumes.......we are driving. Thank goodness!!

are these what you received on your last cruise or what your giving out on your next one?

love the blanket :)

Thanks! These are my gifts to give out.....we have 12 girls and 3 boys, on our list. I need to find/make some adult gifts now, I think the kids are covered! :goodvibes

Thanks! These are my gifts to give out.....we have 12 girls and 3 boys, on our list. I need to find/make some adult gifts now, I think the kids are covered! :goodvibes

Cool.. Hope you have a great cruise. I am super excited with too long of a wait. I have been shopping and shopping for these items as well. i see we shop at some of the same places. The kids will be so excited with the goodies you give out.

Have fun.:thumbsup2

Wow - what a lot of nice things you've gotten (I feel very un-prepared now).

dont feel like that...everyone and every family does different things. Anyone will be excited to have any type of goodies in their fish extender. This will be our first cruise so I am excited and so will my son about anything we receive.. its the thought that counts:thumbsup2

Have a great time.

I agree you got alot of stuff, but come on... didn't anyone notice the blanket...

I LOVE the Mickey blanket!!!
I will be searching
:sail:my fabric store for that fleece material.

I could be wrong, but I am almost certain I saw this print at Joann's on Sunday. The character prints are 50% off this week, btw, so go fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter