Fishing Excursions

DJBounce

DIS Veteran
One of my new recent hobbies if fishing. My DS Zach loves to go as well. We priced the fishing excursion and I am just wondering:
Is it worth it?
$160 for up to 5 people for 2 hrs.
$75 for each additional hr.
Has anybody done this, were you satisfied, and can you fish from a self rented pontoon boat with your own gear?
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance!
:earsboy:

We've never gone on one of the official fishing excursions, but we've fished from shore and caught some really big sunnies (I think they call them something else)! They're huge, compared to the ones here in Minnesota!

You can rent a pontoon boat and go fishing on your own too. The lake isn't that big, so that's what I would do. It's cheaper. Just remember it's only catch & release.

Have fun!

My hubby and 2 DS went on the fishing excursion out of the poly last Feb. DS were ages 10 & 7. They all totally LOVED it.

The guide, a woman, can't remember her name, was GREAT! She let both boys "drive" the boat. They caught LOTS of big fish, the guide took pics of all of them with our camera. The biggest and best thing to my hubby was that she helped my sons so that my hubby had some time he could actually fish. Otherwise when they go it seems all he gets to do is "help" the kids.

The guide took a polaroid pic of my 7 yr old when he caught the first fish, he actually had to kiss it, she said it was a "disney" tradition. According to my hubby it was totally worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter