~~~Flat Rate Box sent/received~~~.....COMPLETED!!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
Names are out.
Mail date is June 27.
Please post here when you mail and then again when you receive. It will be fun to hear what is in everyone's boxes.

Very low turn out, so we probably won't have this exchange again for quite awhile. :(

that's too bad, this is a fun one.

have to do my shopping. I always start out with a theme, but then as I walk around the stores, I changed my mind! :rotfl:

Names are out.
Mail date is June 27.
Please post here when you mail and then again when you receive. It will be fun to hear what is in everyone's boxes.

Very low turn out, so we probably won't have this exchange again for quite awhile. :(

Awe boo. That is too bad! I think some might be put off by USPS's price on the flat rate medium boxes, but that's kind of the joy in it to me!
Fill it full with whatever will fit!!! Perfect time to send those cool heavy items you've had in mind. LOL :goodvibes

Awe boo. That is too bad! I think some might be put off by USPS's price on the flat rate medium boxes, but that's kind of the joy in it to me!
Fill it full with whatever will fit!!! Perfect time to send those cool heavy items you've had in mind. LOL :goodvibes

exactly!!

The exchanges haven't been doing well in general......lots of them with less than 5 people.
Gone are the days of over 100 in some of them :(
But we'll carry on with those that have enough interest.

Any ideas for new ones? I have dropped so many when only 3 people have signed up, I am running out of ones to host.

My box is just about filled. I think I can get 1 or 2 more things in there, so I'm not quite ready. And as usual, there isn't a theme here, just things that caught my eye - and some of them might even prove to be useful!

Good going, Missy. Mine has no theme either.......things I already had from past exchanges, some things I bought.....as you, just what caught my eye.

Mine did get picked up yesterday......and might arrive tomorrow!

My box is now stuffed. I just purchased postage & arranged for pick-up for tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Mine has arrived!!! :cool1:

Thank you so much, Nancy! (Meriweather) It had a great selection of goodies! An awesome radio/book light my DS7 snagged. He really needed one. It will get a lot of use!

Adorable night light, some wonderful votive holders, love the wooden fan (we get a lot of use out of those too!), definitely passing on the Canadian beer opener key chain to the DH (he needs one lol), loved all the greeting cards!

My favorite was the Almond Oatmeal soap. :goodvibes and the coffee mug! Thanks again! :thumbsup2

exactly!!

The exchanges haven't been doing well in general......lots of them with less than 5 people.
Gone are the days of over 100 in some of them :(
But we'll carry on with those that have enough interest.

Any ideas for new ones? I have dropped so many when only 3 people have signed up, I am running out of ones to host.

I'm sure the crazy economy isn't helping the online forum community. It's definitely not just the DIS. :sad2:

I would love to do:
maybe a coffee/tea swap,
a Christmas Disney exchange (anything, ornaments, decorations, etc)
A disney classics swap (only items from 1980 and earlier or something)
Princess only exchange? (only items themed at the Princesses or a specific one)

Did we do a Tinkerbell exchange once, Nancy? I did like that one! We can get creative, for sure, but you're right, they aren't as popular unfortunately. I'm sure things will pick up again towards the holidays! :grouphug:

I'm sure the crazy economy isn't helping the online forum community. It's definitely not just the DIS. :sad2:

I would love to do:
maybe a coffee/tea swap,
a Christmas Disney exchange (anything, ornaments, decorations, etc)
A disney classics swap (only items from 1980 and earlier or something)
Princess only exchange? (only items themed at the Princesses or a specific one)

Did we do a Tinkerbell exchange once, Nancy? I did like that one! We can get creative, for sure, but you're right, they aren't as popular unfortunately. I'm sure things will pick up again towards the holidays! :grouphug:

We've done several tea/coffee exchanges. The host of that one hasn't been around in awhile. Maybe we can give that one another try when the weather gets cooler.

mommytotwo hosts the Christmas exchanges. Those will be coming.....present, ornaments and stocking.

I think classics would be too hard for most people.
We have done Tink.......not as popular. And going by pins, most people don't seem to want Princess things. Mickey works best for the Anything Mickey exchange.

Thanks for the input though and if you have more ideas......keep suggesting!

The scavenger hunt will be starting next week. Hope we have a good turn out for that one again.

Mine has arrived!!! :cool1:

Thank you so much, Nancy! (Meriweather) It had a great selection of goodies! An awesome radio/book light my DS7 snagged. He really needed one. It will get a lot of use!

Adorable night light, some wonderful votive holders, love the wooden fan (we get a lot of use out of those too!), definitely passing on the Canadian beer opener key chain to the DH (he needs one lol), loved all the greeting cards!

My favorite was the Almond Oatmeal soap. :goodvibes and the coffee mug! Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Glad it arrived. I was quite a mixture of things. Glad some of them have found people that like them.

Yeah, I used to host a few - but I just haven't even tried. The breakfast one was kinda popular, but I usually did that in the fall. The green/environmentally friendly one was fun, maybe I should bring that one back.

Maybe we should start an idea thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter