Flight advice for getting there and back

Wow, I was going to say we don’t like to stop along the way, but looks like that’s been covered! LOL But I concur—if you do stop, unless you’re staying a couple of days to actually see some sights—stay AT the airport. Don’t fight traffic just to drive somewhere to sleep. And for our long trips (AK and HI), we go from ATL and prefer Seattle, Salt Lake, Denver (although it’s a mess right now), then San Fran. LAX can be good or positively awful, just depending on what terminal you end up in—and what it says when you book can always change. And on that note, so can your aircraft, so be prepared with some of your own entertainment and snacks, just in case.

I’ve done the flight ATL/HNL several times (connecting in ATL from BWI) on Delta. The lie flat seats really help on the return flight, so if you can book Delta One, it’s worth it.

We’ve never stopped anywhere overnight; we only do a one stop either through Dallas (AA) or Atlanta (DL) almost always (last summer we went through Detroit and I was in Delta One both ways; I put the kids in Delta Comfort on the way over and everyone in Delta One on the return flight).

I’m old enough now that I won’t fly that long in coach ever again, and lie flat seats are the only way I can get at least some sleep.

If I lived near ATL, I wouldn’t consider any other option other than the DL nonstop flight.

I’ve done the flight ATL/HNL several times (connecting in ATL from BWI) on Delta. The lie flat seats really help on the return flight, so if you can book Delta One, it’s worth it.

We’ve never stopped anywhere overnight; we only do a one stop either through Dallas (AA) or Atlanta (DL) almost always (last summer we went through Detroit and I was in Delta One both ways; I put the kids in Delta Comfort on the way over and everyone in Delta One on the return flight).

I’m old enough now that I won’t fly that long in coach ever again, and lie flat seats are the only way I can get at least some sleep.

If I lived near ATL, I wouldn’t consider any other option other than the DL nonstop flight.
No way we can do that nonstop flight, well not right now anyways. I will have to break it up. I wish I didn't but maybe I will get over that at some point. And yes, I live two hours from Atlanta.

I appreciate everyone's advice on this. With us staying overnight in LA, on the way down, that one day in LA will help with the jet lag just a bit. We can get a heads start on that three hour set back first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter